Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I know is this....
There were no injuries in the 2nd half...
A max of 1 or 2 minutes would have been too much...
Where does 4 minutes come from???

I've never been this angry before in my life

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
ohh, come on, I am very sad, too
but everybody knew: 4 mins to play (and I guess it was ok)
so don't blame the ref.
we lost, it is hard, but we can be proud of our team

·
Registered
421 Posts
YA 4 minites FROM what
there wasn't any injury time
REALLY IT IS ANNOYING
it must be at MOST 2 minites (I SWEAR)

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I think this question we may be asking for a while)it will always be hard to watch how 30 seconds from victory we let our guard down and France is a team that you cannot allow a second free.
WE played hard and I am very proud::OF OUR AZZURI!!:D:
We will always be champions:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's not that I'm not proud, we were just so close to something amazing. Its curious the luck that France had during the tournament though...
In the semi against Portugal and now with us..
And I know the team played well enough to win against the World Champions, I just can't wait 2 years for a chance at a game of any sort of meaning or importance again.

To me, at least the team played amazingly well throughout the tournment. It was interesting finally in the final to see what Totti could do just behind the front 2. Maybe this will shake some sense into Zoff. We can allways hope.

A

·
0 Posts
Yes, our loss was heartbreaking and the injury time allotted in the second half was ridiculous, but the future is bright. A month ago our Azzurri were all but written off, all but consigned to an early and ignominious exit. And what happened? With their backs against the wall the ragazzi won five straight matches and came within a minute of upsetting the world champions. This was a team plagued by injury and trashed by all the critics. What were the odds we would make it to the final, upsetting both of the hosts along the way? And overcome the jinx of the penalty shoot out. And vindicate Italian soccer – prove that it’s not just all defense. I was very skeptical about the Azzurri’s chances going into this tournament, but having seen the heroics of Toldo, Totti, Nesta, Canna, and the rest I’m really looking forward to World Cup 2002, even though that's a long way away. The Dutch match must have left our boys physically and mentally drained, with only two days to prepare the face the French. If we had had the extra day to prepare it probably would have gone the other way. After Thursday, I knew the odds were slim, and yet we came so close. Right now I’m really proud to be an Italia supporter. I hope others feel the same way.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
You crybabies sound like girls. Injury time is part of the game. It is determined by football officials, so stop whining.

Italy lost fair and square. Italy did not lose because of too much time on the clock. Italy lost because Vieri is injured and Ale Del Piero is a bum.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
30 seconds away from victory is hard to grasp//I have said it before we could analyze this game till we are all blue in the face..I does no good .. Italy lost yes..DId we deserve to loose no! WE played with much more heart than france:We were unlucky but that is part of the game;;
We cant dwell on the past we can only look ahead..
I still think we proved ourselves no matter what anyone says:

·
Registered
13,104 Posts
Falcao: Would you just allow people to vent their frustrations? What is it with this?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Falcao:

If only you would have attended that game, you would have known those 4 minutes were WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!!

ROMANI...SI! ROMANISTI...MAI!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
in the last game my team (brazil) played, we tied 1-1 with uruguay because the referee did not see a uruguay player hit the ball with his hand in the penalty area. this is a fact, but i don't cry about it. good calls and bad calls go for both teams. it's all part of the game. crying is not part of the game.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Go Away !

Falcao,

I you don't have anything better to say then to just rub it in, please just go away. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about so just spare us your stupid comments.

The Miss

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
no idea

4 minutes is too long for me... 1 or 2 minutes should be enough. don't said I'm a crybaby! no injury, it's too damm curious.
ciao!

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
I know how difficult it is to lose while being SO close to winning the Euro!I perfectly understand your reactions but as the wise Falcao said, good and bad calls are part of the game, whinning not!
We French also had some very bad calls against us that were not given to us! Here are just the major ones:
- against the Czech, Nedved is brought down OUTSIDE of the box and the ref gave a PK!!!
- against Spain, Paco should have been sent off for tackling Henry in the second half like a rugby or NFL tackle! and he got away with a YELLOW!
- again against Spain, Abelardo should have received a Yellow card for that flagrant dive than even Pippo would have been proud of!And he got a PK!!!

And speaking of too many minutes given by a ref, why isn't anyone talking about the 6 MINUTES given by the ref of the Yougo-Spain game????When Spain made that massive come back from 3-2 to win it 4-3 in added time???WHY ISN'T ANYONE TALKING ABOUT THIS ONE??????

Credits must be given where and when due!
Italy did a fantastic Euro!Despite being against the odds, with all kinds of difficulties against them they still made it to the final!CHAPEAU!BRAVO!FORTISSIMO!
However, the French team has shown throughout the Euro that they were the best team!After a slow start in all of their game they managed to overcome the fierce opposition and got back into the game!This goes for all the game except the one against Holland where it was our Reserve team.
Against Spain, after a difficult first half hour, we got back in the game and imposed our superiority and deservedly won!
Against Portugal, we conceded a goal against the run of the play!First time that Portugal gets past midfield they score!Then we had to accept this underseved blow and came back as lions and from the second half, TOTALLY outplayed Portugal and won logically and deservedly!
In the final, against the strongest opponent that France had in the whole tournament.
In the first half, we were totally unrecognizable and Zidane completely invisible!(Credits have to be given to Italy's pressing strategy over France!)
But in the second half we recoverd our composure and started to play better, Zidane freeing himself more and more incresingly as the time went on. After Del Vecchio's goal we did not panic and never gave up!Until our efforts were recompenstated justly and deservedly.

Anyways, it was a great tournament with lots of suspense and spectacle!
See U all in 2002...

La victoire est en nous...pour toujours!

[Edited by San_Siro_1 on 16-07-2000 at 10:57]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts