Xtratime Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is obvious that we do not deserve to play Cl....for it will only llure us into a feeling that we are a great team, when in reality we blow chunks, says alot about the CL doesnt it.

We have no defence, for next year.
Billy has been over the hill for 2 years now, Chamot as well all know is incompetent, Roque is unstable, and laursen after his 7 month absence just isnt the same (DAMN U CARLO!)

Midfield is weak technically, we have nobody who can distribute the ball. Ambro can win em and control the game, but he will never be a creative force. On the wings, we have serghino who likes to dribble, get to the line, dribble and then blast a cross to Turin or shoot fall on his ass, begging for a foul.

Attack wise we have Pirlo and Pippo, sheva appears to be a ghostm which is understandable after 2and a half years of carrying a team w/out a break.

So where do we go from here.

Romours have us chasing Cannavaro and Lucio, with thelatter mentioned in a deal involving our brazilian Roque, i am alll for this deal. For Lucio is stable, competent, and can create chances when he pushes up. Canna needs no intro and would be a huge bonus to the team.

Midfield, we have Trio who is yet again, faded to his pre-E2K from, a rui costa who cant string together 2 passes leading up to something resembling an attack. serghino has returned to his pre-Terim roots, of being incompetent, hogging and is crossing like he was 2 seasons ago. maybe he is knocking down spy planes? A chance to Donati for next year would be welcomed, coupled with the purchase of an acutal right winger or the recall of one of our many young guns who are playing all over the place.

In attack we need a 3'rd man, Sheva and Pippo are a good starting duo, but as we saw when we had just sheva, we have troble netting a goal, and pippo now is working overtime to get us to score, he is doing a great job, but we cant overstech him or he will pull what sheva has been the second half of the season. it is clear that moreno and jose mari have failed. they may be talented with the ball at their feet, but they cannot score and that after all is the most important thing for a striker. Aliyu and Kutzov should be given chances to prove thier worth when sheva or Pippo are unavailable.

Coach
Carlo as we all know...is Carlo, stubborn, stuck in the past, and incompetent, he shows favoritism to his "old guard." A new coach is the best solution but i cant see anyone tha could do the job, plus i cant see galliani having the balls to hire someone with a personality and giving him more than 4 months to prove his worth.

The future is looking bleaker and bleaker w/ our current team and managment

Lav

·
Registered
166 Posts
Okey, first of all, lets say that we do get Lucio, do you really think that he would be allowd to make his beautyfull runs forward in milan by a coach like ancelotti.

2. WE HAVE GREAT PLAYERS, now all we need is a great team. All we need is a new right wing and a new coach to pull the team together.

3. You sound more like a critic than a supporter.

·
Legend
17,142 Posts
Lav,
I strongly disagree on the fact that we do not deserve CL football for next year. Sure, this year, the team has been, at most pathetic, but one has to understand that we rarely, had our starting 11 available. With the injuries we had, no team would have been able to survive. Take Montero, Thuram, Del Piero, Davids, Nedved, Trezeguet simultaneously out of Juve's line up and i would love to see how far Juve would go. Same for Roma or Inter...

If the team qualifies for the CL or not, will have a huge impact on the policy utilized during the mercato season. It will be the difference between a total revolution with true world class players and one with incognito players from Serie B or some obscure players from other Serie A teams.

I'm confident that during the off-season, the management will do a great job. The defence will be restructured, the midfield strenghtened and the attack will have more depth. Also, we will have a bench, which could be equal to the bench of Roma or Inter, which is clearly not the case currently.

For the coach, that's a big a mystery. There are those, within the management who would like to give Ancelotti a "full" chance, with a squad designated by him, as this year, he inherited L'Imperatore's squad, which was not very Ancelotti-friendly, tactically speaking. There are also those, within the management, who are tired of this boring football and want to see a more daring coach, specially among the Berlusconis, (Silvio and Pier Silvio). As you can see, it is still very inclear as to the direction the management will take, but one thing is clear as crystal: THE TEAM MUST QUALIFY FOR THE CL, if there's any hope to have a complete revolution and complete restructuration of the team. Lots of deals are depending on that simple fact. It could be the difference between a strong scudetto European contender and an average to mid-table team. It is vital for us, for the team to qualify for the CL, even if it means to play the play-offs to get into the CL, next August and get there by the back-door.

FORZA RAGAZZI!
FORZA MAGICO MILAN!

·
Registered
11,476 Posts
Javi will leave.

From all I heard it seems certain that we signed Jon Dahl Tomasson on an free transfer. As an sub for Inzaghi - Sheva.

Coloccini will be back, so now we will ask ourself if he will be given the chance... he said he wanted to establish himself in an team which means he wants to play or be sold to an team that really wants him.

I still fear Billy will have another season. Still he is our only leader in defense.

Thuram? I see him as the most possible high profile defender, especially if Juventus buys Cannavaro (which I see as his most probable destination). If that would go trough I would of course ask myself if the price isn't to much compared to the age. Payman don't have to say he disagrees, I know. ;)

Simone Inzaghi seems as the most probable for us to buy, it fallls perfectly into the policy I expects us to have. Having his brother in the team may help too.

I don't think and don't hope we will buy back Simone, he can nicely go back to France.

Our midfield is quite nice as it is and I think Rui Costa can only improve and Pirlo is an super player that with more matches will become even better. What we lack is wingers, true winger types. Serginho is the best we have, but he is kind of lazy and loves to dribble when it is not needed. Contra and jose may be used as wingers but that is about it. We have ONE true winger and he was an left defender when he came.

An revolution? That would mean we would be rid of some of the old and build our future on youth, right? But an revolution may very well also mean it will take some years until we are back at the top and with the fans usual patienve I woul expect hundreds of players transfering to left and right.

I may never have liked Ancelottis style and I taunted my Juve fan friends when he was their coach. Despite that I have nothing against him staying at this point. With consistence we may come back to the top.

And when Sheva gets his confidence back all will cuddly and nice. ;)

·
Registered
13,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well payman, ui fear if we make the cl the managm,ent will say we have a good team and all. i fear it wont lead to changes.

Lav

·
Registered
15,421 Posts
I´d really loke to see Contra as a starter anywhere on field next year. And I agrre Donati should be given some place, and Albertini some bench. Then, Jose Mari is agood Sub, but we still need one more guy up front. And one good, very good, central defender. That´s about it.
About wingers, well, Juve didn´t exactly playa winger style while Carletto was there. They had:

Zambrotta---Tacchinardi----Davids
------------------Zidane
And Zambrotta is like the only winger there.
But they did have a solid defence. And ohh, reminds me of Sheva.. Delpiero coul´d not score a single goal and played like crap, and Inzaghi scored loads...coincidence?
Ne way..my choices would be Lucio, Coloccini,and probably a young talented Striker, but not a typical center forward, a skiiled one...

·
Registered
13,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well i am in agremment with u van, but i would not like to see carlo...

the sheva point is a good one, perhaps izaghi was bought knowing carlo would be coming

Lav

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I see things getting much brighter for Milan. During the middle of the season, I was a bit negative towards the players, staff and management. But I'm beginning to change my views. Lets take a look at things.

Here is our current list. (This list is the list we have had all season and doesn't include Tomasson or Colloccini.)

Goalkeepers
Abbiati
Fiori
Rossi

Abbiati is our number one keeper. Will stay at the club until he retires probably. Rossi is 38 years old. Do we really need him? I don't think so. He should maybe stay one more season and then retire. Selling him wouldn't be nice because he has been our number 1 keeper for many years. He should stay as a sign of respect kinda. Fiori is 34. He's old too and never gets used. We should get rid of him. Maybe some Serie B or C club will take him. This would free up a position for a young Italian keeper to come in and learn form Rossi and Abbiati and hopefully one day become a champion.

Defenders
Chamot
Contra
Costacurta
Helveg
Kaladze
Laursen
Maldini
Roque Junior
Sarr

Only two Italian defenders left in Maldini and Costacurta. In two years time they will probably be gone. But for now they must stay. Helveg is on loan from Inter but has planned to stay on for another season. Laursen will stay and should stay because he is a good defender. Kaladze and Contra are two players we bought this season. They will stay, although their is a hint of a rumor that Contra might leave. Roque Junior and Chamot are possibilities to leave. I believe we should let go and get a bit of money from them. Roque Junior might even be involved in a deal to get Lucio, which I fully support. Sarr is young and supposed to be the next Thuram. Keep him, no reason to get rid of him.

Midfielders
Albertini
Ambrosini
Ba
Brocchi
Donati
Gattuso
Pirlo
Redondo
Rui Costa
Serginho
Umit

Some exciting players in their like Pirlo, Rui Costa, Ambrosini, Gattuso and Serginho. Those 5 MUST be kept. All are valuable to the club. Albertini should be kept and used as a sub, but definately not as a starter anymore. He's too old and tired. Ba must go, because he is awful. So too Umit. I don't know what the deal with Galatasaray is, but they can take him back. We should keep Redondo and give him a chance if he ever recovers from his injury. That leaves Brocchi and Donati, the two new players that we signed this year. Donati is going to be a future star. He is young and playing in the Italy Under 21 side along with Pirlo. If they can play together with Italy, and also Milan, they could form a good partnership in the middle. As for Brocchi, we might aswell keep him.

Forwards
Aliyu
Inzaghi
Kutuzov
Javi Moreno
Jose Mari
Shevchenko
Simone

Shevchenko is a champion and must stay. He cannot leave Milan. This is the club that made him famous. He has been a star here and will continue to do so. Inzaghi has found a 'new life' at Milan. Him and Sheva form a great partnership. Javi Moreno didn't perform for us this year and looks to be going back to Spain. Same can be said about Jose Mari, but he might stay at the club and get another chance. Simone doesn't do much. He's old and should leave Milan. Kutuzov and Aliyu are young and promising and should be kept.

Staff
Ancelotti

Ancelotti should stay on. Maybe we should give him a chance. After all, he hasn't had a full season and hasn't been able to buy players that suit his style. He has been using players that Terim and Zaccheroni bought, so we should give Carlo some time to get players that he wants and make changes that he finds necessary to suit his tactics. Lets give Carlo a chance.

Players who should leave:
Fiori
Chamot
Roque Junior
Umit
Ba
Javi Moreno
Simone

Players who should maybe leave:
Rossi
Albertini
Brocchi
Jose Mari

Players In:
Tomasson
Coco
Colloccini

Maybe In:
Cannavaro
Don't know other prospects, but Cannavaro would be nice.

Next years list would look something like this.

Abbiati
Rossi
Young Italian keeper

Coco
Collocini
Contra
Costacurta
Helveg
Kaladze
Laursen
Lucio
Maldini
Sarr
Cannavaro

Albertini
Ambrosini
Donati
Gattuso
Pirlo
Redondo
Rui Costa
Serginho
Right Winger

Aliyu
Inzaghi
Kutuzov
Shevchenko
Tomasson
Young Italian striker

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.