Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Corinthian's have spent over $50 million attracting some of South America's best players to Brazil. But where did all this money come from and how can they possibly hope to make a profit on their investment? Samba Foot investigates truth from rumour in the Corinthian's story.
:eekani: :dazed:

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Corinthians has a "sugar daddy", in the form of a foreign investment company called MSI. MSI invested a lot of money and effectively bought Corinthians' football department (Corinthians has no say on their football department anymore, it belongs to MSI according to the terms of their contract). Those expensive reinforcements already gave Corinthians last year's Brazilian Championship, and if they keep investing heavily there may be more trophies in their future (especially because nobody else is investing THAT heavily in Brazilian football nowadays). :greed:

But Corinthans may not keep that financial partner for long, because of the club directors' vanity. Y'see, the club directors (who are used to interfering with the football department whenever they felt like it) are having a hard time dealing with the fact that their authority over the football department is now zero, and they're doing everything they can to change that. For example, Corinthians' directors recently signed a player for the squad that MSI didn't want – an old Corinthians idol, Marcelinho Carioca – and MSI promptly informed them that this player wouldn't be part of the squad, no matter what the directors did, because MSI simply doesn't want him. That was an unnecessary embarassment. Corinthians' directors also signed a Director of Football, which is funny because MSI ALREADY has a Director of Football managing the football department – so now Corinthians now has TWO "directors of football", one with actual authority over the football department and once with no authority over anything. :googly: At this rate, pretty soon MSI will leave and take all the million-dollar "stars" with them, leaving the proud club directors to explain the situation to the fans. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Shame

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
...are the players -- at least the ones signed since MSI got involved -- contracted to Corinthians or to MSI directly?

(I am wondering because, if the latter is the case, theoretically it would be possible for MSI to withdraw its backing from Corinthians, invest in another club instead, and take its MSI players to the new club)

·
Administrator
29,806 Posts
The deal is so excuse that details of the contract are not public.
Last time I heard there is players of Corinthians and Players of MSI. (The contract is register in CBF to Corinthians of course) and a MSI player sold would give 10% to Corinthians and a Corinthians player (build in their youth division) would give 10% to MSI...but that is a media information i head when the rumors about Tevez moving the Chelsea started again.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I remember when emil pinheiro (the booker) left botafogo and took some 15 players with him.

·
Registered
933 Posts
JCamilo said:
The deal is so excuse that details of the contract are not public.
Last time I heard there is players of Corinthians and Players of MSI. (The contract is register in CBF to Corinthians of course) and a MSI player sold would give 10% to Corinthians and a Corinthians player (build in their youth division) would give 10% to MSI...but that is a media information i head when the rumors about Tevez moving the Chelsea started again.

From what I heard players that were bought by MSI belongs to MSI and players bought by Corinthians belongs to Corinthians. If a player is sold, his owner will get 80% of it and the other partner will get 20%.

Ex: If Tevez is sold MSI gets 80% and Corinthians get 20%. If Rosinei is sold, Corinthians get 80% and MSI gets 20%.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Thanks for the clarification. Now, what if MSI were to decide to enter into partnership with another club, say, for the sake of discussion, Atletico Mineiro? Would Tevez and others then move to Atletico MG automatically, considering they are contracted to MSI and are technically not being sold in such a move, or would MSI have to pay to Corinthians 20% of whatever the two sides agree to be the players' current market value? Or do the known details of this deal not shed any light on this?

·
Administrator
29,806 Posts
I doubt so, they probally have one contract with MSI and one with corinthians. (Or something similar) to protect MSI rights either or not corinthians do anything.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Garrincha said:
But Corinthans may not keep that financial partner for long, because of the club directors' vanity.
I do not hitnk it is a vanity problem -- it is a money problem: Corinthians' president wanted a 15% (!!!) commission for his granddaughter on Corinthians' sponsorship deal with Samsung.

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
In the first contract(changes were already made), two possibilities could happen:

1) If Corinthians brake the contract: MSI could left with all the players that they bought.

2) If MSI brake the contract: MSI must left all the players that have a contract with Corinthians(only Tevez don't have).

That's what I remember about this situation. And the partnership is very good, every club in Brazil would like to have a deal with MSI.

·
Registered
43 Posts
HeitorTevez said:
That's what I remember about this situation. And the partnership is very good, every club in Brazil would like to have a deal with MSI.

Uuuhhh, I'm gonna have to say NO..
Money from the mafia, and having your fav team be sold...
Nope...sorry

I prefer to have my team my way, and winning trophies on its own, like we did, and also keeping tabus, not loosing to your team for about 3 years now...!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts