Xtratime Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
237 Posts
They are a great side. We ALMOST went to the semis before being denied by Dani ( second season in a row ). Not a bad showing at all. Certainly nothing to cry over. It's Chelsea's best ever performance in Europe. :)

Of course it stinks that we lost... :( But with our attack, such as it is, it's really not THAT surprising. Imagine if we had a consistently great attack rather than just extremely tough midfield and defense. One more goal would have sunk them.

This is just reason to hope for a real striker next year - like Sutton was SUPPOSED to be...

Vialli leaving? Are you NUTS!? The man's a hero among Chelsea fans! Losing to Barca in the quarterfinals of the CL - in EXTRA TIME - is nothing to be ashamed of... really.

You know, Barca's a pretty good team on their day. ;)

· Registered
237 Posts
Which striker? Van Nistelrooy, or Hasselbaink. It's true that V. N. still needs to prove himself outside of Holland but he seems to be what Chelsea DESPERATELY needs - someone who consistently scores... :) Kevin Philips would have done nicely - before he re-signed with Sunderland. Maybe Salas, but lately he's performing a lot in front of goal - but he doesn't SCORE! That's what I want. I don't give a damn about dribbling, etc., just someone who can score. Someone who, when you see them bearing down on goal, you KNOW is going to score!!!

Changing subject a little now: I'd love it if we could prise Kewell away from Leeds.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.