Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5-1 thus far and things look like they are over. What is up with Le Bouef and Dessailly, haven't they headed before?
Also why the hell did they act so defensively at the beginning? The only out-come was a heavy loss.
Lets face it there is a very remote possibility of them getting to the C.L next year and the cup may be your only hope.

Is this the end for Vialli, I think he should stay but the fact is that this has been a very poor season. In Europe they couldn't win when it mattered (i.e. Barce and Lazio) and with the old squad that they have this was their last chance.

7 points behind the pool and 2 behind Arsenal who have a game in hand and 2 behind Leeds. In their final 5 games they have Liverpool, Arsenal and Man U. On paper at least Liverpool, Leeds and Arsenal all have easier fixtures but Leeds are on a bad run, Arsenal are still in Europe and the pool always seem to drop points to their Mersyside friends.
Chelsea's destiny is in their own hands and if they win all of their remainding matches I feel that they will be in the CL. This is a lot easier said than done.

p.s. Babayaro is a nob.

D

·
0 Posts
Does winning the F.A Cup secure a place in the CL???

Yeah, too bad about the loss, Barca were really in formidable form, and 98,000 fans can help a team rise to the challenge, in more ways than one.
Nice effort in the CL this season by Chelsea nonetheless though.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But the fact should not be lost that they lost 5-1 in a vital game. 2 goals head start and nothing.
A cup win means the Uefa cup.

S

·
0 Posts
Unlucky guys, but i don't think any team in the world could have stopped Barcelona in the mood they were in tonight. They were on fire. U played ok tonight but i think Vialli should have sent Poyet on much earlier cause Chelsea always seem to play better when he's on the pitch. Anyway why did he start with Di Matteo?

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Damn it, we laid back too much in the 1st half. 2nd half was a bit better but still they out classed us.

Good job Barca.

DiMatteo was started because he is more defensive minded compared to Petrescu or Poyet.

We also shouldn't have started Babyaro

·
Registered
237 Posts
They are a great side. We ALMOST went to the semis before being denied by Dani ( second season in a row ). Not a bad showing at all. Certainly nothing to cry over. It's Chelsea's best ever performance in Europe. :)

Of course it stinks that we lost... :( But with our attack, such as it is, it's really not THAT surprising. Imagine if we had a consistently great attack rather than just extremely tough midfield and defense. One more goal would have sunk them.

This is just reason to hope for a real striker next year - like Sutton was SUPPOSED to be...

Vialli leaving? Are you NUTS!? The man's a hero among Chelsea fans! Losing to Barca in the quarterfinals of the CL - in EXTRA TIME - is nothing to be ashamed of... really.

You know, Barca's a pretty good team on their day. ;)

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
But on the day you were given a 2 goal head start and then threw it away cos of bad tactics (lets face it). Why did they invite Barce to attack? Are they dull? Here's a better plan attack them.
Vialli should be given more time of course but sometimes he puzzles me.

What attacker would you like? Salas, Hasslebaank, Recoba, Fowler, Van Nestelrooy.
Will Sutton be sold? I can imagine Spurs buying him but who else?

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ready for what??

·
Registered
237 Posts
Which striker? Van Nistelrooy, or Hasselbaink. It's true that V. N. still needs to prove himself outside of Holland but he seems to be what Chelsea DESPERATELY needs - someone who consistently scores... :) Kevin Philips would have done nicely - before he re-signed with Sunderland. Maybe Salas, but lately he's performing a lot in front of goal - but he doesn't SCORE! That's what I want. I don't give a damn about dribbling, etc., just someone who can score. Someone who, when you see them bearing down on goal, you KNOW is going to score!!!

Changing subject a little now: I'd love it if we could prise Kewell away from Leeds.

·
THE
14,148 Posts
For 5-1. I knew that we could lose, but 5-1 is far too much to me. How the fu*king h*ll we lost 5-1??!!
I don't like Kewell at all. Solskjar? Can he be match for Flo?
Vialli puzzles me too, sometimes, but he has my endless love and support.
What does "nob" mean?

X

·
0 Posts
honestly i thought chelsea would be able to hold on to the semis...and when i was told chelsea lost 5-1.. :eek:

kewell is very skilled player with a great shooting..but he doesn't seem to have enough flair and positional sense..anyway he's not for sale at any price

solksjaer is the target of many clubs right now..tottenham and leeds...and is valued at 10M
but it would surprise me if the scums are selling him cos he sucha gd sub

anwyay what is most important right now for chelsea is to keep the morale and motivation..especially after losing 2 matches ina row.. :D

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
well, actually i have many thing to say, but i don't wanna break my fellow's heart right now! i think i better give kat a time for healing her heart.. :)
and if i may add some doctor's advice, please change your color from blue to your original, the reds...
milan = red, isn't it? ;)
and the reds = liv.... :D

forza milan

·
THE
14,148 Posts
Neh, my original color is blue, my national team color. And Milan gives my head and heartache too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts