Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Le Guen have the best team in France, he's running to his 4th consecutive French league title. He's in 1/8 champions league cup, we could say he has all to be happy. Since many months, he doesn't sign already an agreement for following 2,3 years as head coach or Lyon, a rumour that he could leave Lyon appeared.

Can he leave Lyon at the end of the season ? Why can he do this ? Also where will he go ?

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
I see three possible explanation:

1. He wants more money, and his waiting to extend his contrat at Lyon. like that he puts pressure on Aulas.

2. He is in contact with a bigger team. And of course it means abroad, and when i say bigger, it is bigger. :eekani:

3. He wants to go to Paris Saint Germain. We know his past with that team (la patate de Pencran) . And well if so.... :wallbang:

i would say that i rate him high as coach, altough he is very young for coaching. He managed Rennes to his best : 5th. Which speaks volume. :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
I wouldn't want to see him leave France, he is such a good coach. But I can see him maybe going to Italy or even England. Roma, Newcastle, Lazio? I don't know but i hope he stays

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
Well, now, since Paris Saint Germain got a new chairman with Pierre Blayau, the rumour of Le Guen leaving is higher than ever.The two mens know each other very well, since they were leading the Stade rennais not so long ago.

Aulas has to keep Le Guen if he does not want to see most of the team leaving this summer. A lot of the players want to keep him for next year (Coupet, Caçapa, Juninho).

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
A dream if he sings for PSG! But that is not very likely...and all the PSG-players wants to keep Laurent Fournier in the club after good results recently.

·
Registered
65 Posts
LE GUEN doesn't want to coach anymore. He will more likely go to the Psg, not like coach but like General Manager, Fournier will coach.

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
Saw him running with his wife today, along a beach in the south of Concarneau. Look like he is having a sabbatical year, but i am sure he will come back with a prestigious team next year. I am not sure he is interested by the Nt yet.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
maybe you can ask him to come back to coach rennes, seems like you need it ;)

·
Registered
626 Posts
Rob Edwards said:
Do you think he'd take the Newcastle job if Souness ends up getting himself fired?
i don't think that's happen!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts