Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been over 4 years since I joined XT Forums now and I was wondering about some people who have been a great part of XT some time ago.

I also don't have so much time to post here, but I was wondering - does anyone happens to know what's up with Bernhard, Laska kolbaska and some other fans? (I can't remember all the nicknames, I do remember guys from Austria and Australia, though).

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
would be cool to have a gone missing thread :)

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Wankski_au is probably the one from Australia you're talking about.
I'd also like to add dado, CarlosMiguel and some others of the "old school" ;) members.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
From Austria i know MxPx and me and we are quite a long time @ xtratime...:)

I have talked a lot with Bernhard, but i dont who where he is...

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,659 Posts
And there was a bloke called Bert. I think he was Asian. I remember when I broke the news about Iván coming back to Barça he was almost crying. Not to mention the great mry (aka Rivaldo is Mine).

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
m.r.y! What a hero!
His posts were 99% like this:

RIVALDO IS THE BEST BARÇA PLAYER EVER!
WITHOUT HIM BARÇA WILL RELEGATE TO SEGUNDA B!
I THINK HE IS SEND BY GOD!
I AM AN IRANIAN BOY AND I DREAM ABOUT RIVALDO ALL THE TIME!
I WISH YOU ALL WERE MUSLIM!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
or the Giggs_is_god guy who was from the presidential palace of Afghanistan ;) ..

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Krijn said:
For those of us who don't have a clue what we're talking about, but really like to know:
Click here to see it!
This reminded me of even more guys, like Amor and Bier.

Also, some Kluivert fans disappeared after he left for England, like P_Kluivert, Senorita or Kluivert.

And yes, I meant Wanski_au.

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
P_Kluivert is in close contact with me still. He left the forum after some disputes with the other members remember ? Has hardly posted 50 times in the last year and a half maybe.

Senorita and her friend Dalila have disappeared off the face of the earth.

Used to be this other user called Rauffman or something. Hes in the army I presume and doesnt get enough time to come online.

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
Oh by the way anyone know why Reaper_7 doesnt come to the Barca forum anymore? Was around in the RM forum when that Madrid-Sociedad fiasco happened.

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
Krijn said:
For those of us who don't have a clue what we're talking about, but really like to know:
Click here to see it!
omg i clicked the link and there's some hilarious stuff on it :D
check this post out for example:

Will our current lineup go down in history as one of the greatest ever? Will this year be the beginnings of the greatest dynasty of the 21st century? I think our team has the pieces to be the greatest team every fielded. I just hope we can overcome the difficult draw and prove to everyone that our team has all the important pieces needed to be the kings of europe.
mind you, the usual lineup in the time the above was posted was something like this:
Bonano, Puyol, Christanval, Andersson, Coco, Rochemback, Xavi, Cocu, Saviola, Kluivert, Rivaldo

and how about this one:
again we have an impressive team ... again the big ones of the game show up in the Camp Nou ... an outstanding :star: Rivaldo :star: who will doubtless once be named in one breath with Pele, Di Stefano or Maradona ... an :star: Luis Enrique :star: who is an undisputed spanish regular even after longer injuries, which describes it quite well ... an Kluivert :star: whose technical abilities seem to know no borders at all ... and an :star: Saviola :star: who was named the new Maradona in the tender age of 18 ... an :star: Xavi :star: who made the fans immediately forget about Guardiola ... an :star: Anderson :star: who made it to stabilize what isn't to possible to be stabilized usually - the Barça defence ... acompanied by an tremendous :star: Puyol :star: ... these guys, alongside with a lot of brilliant teamworkers like :star: Cocu :star: , :star: Rochemback :star: , :star: Gabr :star:, :star: Christanval etc. and a lot of young promising players like BABANGIDA :star: (those who know me have been waiting for this ;)), :star: Motta :star: , :star: Jofre :star: , :star: Nano :star: etc. ... This team surely has the potential to be one of the best teams ever lined up ... but it has to prove itself ... lots of great teams remain unproven - hope this one not.
:howler:

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Roger said:
And there was a bloke called Bert. I think he was Asian. I remember when I broke the news about Iván coming back to Barça he was almost crying. Not to mention the great mry (aka Rivaldo is Mine).
Burt from China, if my memory serves me right.
And m.r.y was top class, he just added a little "extra" (how's that for a nice way of putting it ;)) to the forum.

Stygmata - mind you that this one looked indeed like another good cantera generation. Xavi, Puyol and Gabri already proved it in youth selections and Jofre, Babangida and Nano (the later one earning games with the first team at quite a young age) looked like prospects. I know Bier kept on raving about El Baba after he watched with the B-team during a trip to BCN. :)
If you look at it in the right context, I think he definitely has a point.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
husain_14 said:
Oh by the way anyone know why Reaper_7 doesnt come to the Barca forum anymore? Was around in the RM forum when that Madrid-Sociedad fiasco happened.
I think that he hates me, we discussed that day and I didn't see him anymore... in any case, he just appeared that day after several months and he didn't show up after that.

It's funny... in Krijn's link I saw a guy who was called GaspartJoan :D

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
yeah, i'm just referring to Cristanval, the remark about Rivaldo ("who will doubtless once be named in one breath with Pele, Di Stefano or Maradona"), Anderson, Kluivert ("whose technical abilities seem to know no borders at all ") etc. But i agree, Nano seemed pretty promising at first. I don't agree about Jofre and Babangida though, i never liked those 2.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Stygmata said:
yeah, i'm just referring to Cristanval, the remark about Rivaldo ("who will doubtless once be named in one breath with Pele, Di Stefano or Maradona"), Anderson, Kluivert ("whose technical abilities seem to know no borders at all ") etc. But i agree, Nano seemed pretty promising at first. I don't agree about Jofre and Babangida though, i never liked those 2.
Jofre gave us a hell night before Xmas with Levante... actually he scored their goal :D In any case, I don't think that Jofre and Babangida could play more than 5 matches with the first team. Nano was supposed to be the big deal and look at him now.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts