Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I for one was the biggest one. Not of Zoff's tactics but of his team selection. i still feel Dino Baggio should be at the European Championships and that Vanoli should also be there.

But i for one have always been a big fan of catennacio.

I for one am sick and tired of all these teeny boppers saying that Italy is disgusting and bopring and play horrible football.

I have never heard of anything called football where you sit down and let the opponent score. Every team defends.....(well England tries:)) But seriously its not our fault that we have the best defencive wall in the World. Its not our fault that Toldo is unbeatable at times.

Italy for me have been the better side against every team. Why? Because they emerged victorious. if the other teams were better at playing football they would have won.

Here is a big big JOKE.

IF A TEAM IS BETTER THAN ITALY IT WILL NOT ONLY HAVE MORE POSSESSION BUT DO MORE WITH IT THAT ITALY. HUFFING AND PUFFING LIKE FIVE YEAR OLDS OUTSIDE ITALY'S PENALTY AREA AND NOT GETTING INSIDE IT DOESN'T MAKE YOU BETTER IT MAKES YOU SWEAT MORE AND NOTHING ELSE. REMEMBER THERE IS SOMMIN CALLED DEFENDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Holland was better they would have won the game. GET REAL!!!!!!!!!!

D

·
0 Posts
Italy plays like **** for me, it's just plain boring football. Nevertheless very effective indeed, but football is not only about results, it must be also a show !!!

I can hardly understand that teams like Norway play defensive football because of the lack of quality players, but come on, Italy has got plenty of skilled players. I am actually pretty sure they could win the Euro playing an attractive football....

Italy way of playing football is not a good advert for our beloved sport !

I actually don't look forward for the final, it'll probably be a boring game with 3-4 shots on goal during all game, which will end up 0-0, then the luckiest will win the penalty shoot-out..... great, lovely football indeed :(

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Exactly Davag...

Tazz,I'm not against defending,but defending this way with your ONLY objective to be the penalties its shameful for Italy.Fine,dont let them score a goal but you try to score as well...I'm not saying let everyone score against you but doing nothing else than defending is boring etc etc (I've said this a 1000 times).

Catenaccio sucks and only not talented and small teams (like norway and Sweden) use it this way.Big teams defend and attack as well.Italy is not Norway...I already gave the exmalbe with "Cauet" and "Redondo" in another post...

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
what is so bad about defending and if they want to defend that is all tactics
ok if u want attaking football become italian coach and do what ever u want
they know what they are doing plus italy did play good football especialy in the 2nd half and defending wont make u lose
u defend when u get the ball kick it down and bag a goal

italy play great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

forza italy forza italy forza italy forza italy forza italy

J

·
0 Posts
Amoroso, do you think Italy is a great team? This is the weaker national team that I remember (except Mexico 86). As you remember I thought that we would have gone out at the first round. But this team has a great fighting spirit and so we are in the final. How can you play well with the worst midfield of Euro2000? Our greatest players play in defence so defence is our greatest resource. But also think that in the second half Italy played quite well for being in 10. But the first 33 minutes were VERY sad to see. I hope that Baronio and his teammates will have grown well for 2002.

A

·
0 Posts
FORZA ROBERTO BAGGIO.
Wouldn't it be great to see him blast a shot off a three man one touch pass just in side the 18 ( penalty area ) in the 89th minute like he seldom does in important games.
And then to hear the announcer yell
BAGGIOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!
This one is for you Roberto, the true spirit of the azzuri.
FORZA ITALIA!!!

·
Registered
13,063 Posts
The Italians played one game defensively, god forbid, against the Dutch in Holland, and all you critics can do is whine. They scored 8 goals in 4 games before that, and just how do you know they're going to play catennacio today? The critics are shortsighted and prejudice against Italy. They use the ruse of "boring" as a code word for all their frustrations that Italy is winning again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts