Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you're battling for a scudetto........
- You forget that you're also qualifying for the CL next year - the logical goal of any solid Serie A club. And last season, we came in 8th, so making the CL brings great joy! But we hardly realize it because we're preoccupied trying to win our 4th scudetto. ;)
- You develop a whole new preoccupation with other true contenders, their schedules, matches, etc., while keeping a sharp and paranoid eye on Roma - namely injuries, stats, etc.
- You expect certain things, like away victories at Empoli, late strikes of brillance, etc.
- You are subject to cheap shots from your rivals and must demonstrate an ability to brush them off. Must be able to handle big-time pressure on the pitch, particularly from Feb-May.
- It's fun sometimes to just stare at the table for periods of 15 minutes and more.
- You walk with a little extra step and pride in your walk. Daydreams often wander to the Olympico, images like Totti kissing his ring finger after scoring, Cassano dribbling around opponents.
OK peeps, what am I forgetting? Speak up.....and have fun with it. :star: :stuckup:

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
-You start ignoring other competitions Roma are in this season and hoping that Cap won't use many of the regulars in them
-You start analysing the last 2 rounds schedule as early as November, hoping that the teams Roma will play will have nothing to play for at the end, and those who Juve and Milan will play would be desperate for a win to avoid relegation or reach European competitions.

That's what I can think of.for now.

·
On Planet Z
6,520 Posts
To further what Demandred said:

-You complain when Capello uses one of our key players for another tournament when the player is already nursing an injury and there's a big match in the league coming up.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Primo said:
When you're battling for a scudetto........
- You forget that you're also qualifying for the CL next year - the logical goal of any solid Serie A club. And last season, we came in 8th, so making the CL brings great joy! But we hardly realize it because we're preoccupied trying to win our 4th scudetto. ;)
- You develop a whole new preoccupation with other true contenders, their schedules, matches, etc., while keeping a sharp and paranoid eye on Roma - namely injuries, stats, etc.
- You expect certain things, like away victories at Empoli, late strikes of brillance, etc.
- You are subject to cheap shots from your rivals and must demonstrate an ability to brush them off. Must be able to handle big-time pressure on the pitch, particularly from Feb-May.
- It's fun sometimes to just stare at the table for periods of 15 minutes and more.

Just quoted Primo's post, but I guess it goes to all Roma fans who responded:

OK... you guys almost deserve to win :D .

Primo said:
- You walk with a little extra step and pride in your walk.
... but you CANNOT be serious on this one :tongue: .

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Re: Re: When You're Hunting for a Scudetto....

Glen said:
... but you CANNOT be serious on this one :tongue: .
I can vouch for that actually...:D When Parma play good it affects me in the same way...I am sort of a different person almost and feel better and there is a "little extra step and pride in your walk" definetly....

:)

·
Registered
13,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glen is too used to winning scudettos. He's forgotten what it feels like to walk with the head down. But he will remember soon. :fero:

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Primo said:
Glen is too used to winning scudettos. He's forgotten what it feels like to walk with the head down. But he will remember soon. :fero:
Hehehe I hope so...:howler:

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Primo said:
Hehe... feisty ;).

I think it's rather a personality issue though. I've been 'treated' to some rather disappointing CL finals over the past 6-7 years (3 actually), and it brings my mood down of course, but surely has little effect on my poise.

But perhaps it's just being a cold Northerner... :).

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Glen said:

But perhaps it's just being a cold Northerner... :).
being stiff as a brick could be attributed to those harsh weather conditions.

primo....nice work mate....i feel the same way. :cool:

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
Glen said:
Hehe... feisty ;).

I think it's rather a personality issue though. I've been 'treated' to some rather disappointing CL finals over the past 6-7 years (3 actually), and it brings my mood down of course, but surely has little effect on my poise.

Music to my ears! :tongue: Actually, if and when (of course never ;) ) you mange to win one of these CL finals, you might realise this special thingy in the walk ... it works for many ... of teh chosen few! :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
Glen, it's different when your team wins on merit in comparison to when you win largely because you've bought the refs.:tongue: :tongue: ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts