Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well when do you guys think we'll finally win it?

I think we may be able to win in 06 since in 95' at Qatar in the Fifa World Youth Championship we came out third. And I also figure most of the squad will then be around their middle 20's which is the perfect time to be in a World Cup- as it gives you preperation for the next one in case you miss your balance at one time.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Well we do have a chance, but we will have to begin helping our younger players from the youth championships make the transition. I believe they should bring up the stars of the youth championship, it will give them experience one quality that the golden generation lacked. Also we'll have some good players with some good experience, Nuno Gomes, Simao, Pauleta(looks like he'll come back) along with others and maybe Rui Costa if hes healthy. The future looks somewhat bright. But for now lets put our attention to winning Euro 2004. Then we will see if we have what it takes to take it all. We must prove ourselfs to Europe again for our disappointing World Cup performance and we have yet to prove the world.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Originally posted by Manuel
Portugal will never have its moment of glory it wont happen!
Finally a Portugese fan that can see the truth about time as well.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
COUTO 5 said:
Big Scotty I decided I dont like you , I dunno why - But you come accross as a pig headed idiot.
Was thinking the same thing as he misspelled Portuguese yet it was right about the thread... Anyway, Manuel I think you're acting a bit too strong. I mean no one know what the future holds.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
who the "f" is this BigPu$*y???

and Manuel...you are the most negative person i have ever seen
on these boards...

I think many of us are simply enjoying a thread about a goal all of us would love to see...whether or not this will come to pass is not the issue....let us enjoy our dream....

why couldn't portugal win or at least do well???? we have talent both old and young...developed correctly and the instilation of fitness and heart Portugal can win...will they win??? who knows, but they can certainly raise some eyebrows just as they did at the EURO....

so "f" off BigPu$*y

and Manuel....enjoy life a little...dream my friend....:D ;)

forca portugal...

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
icarus7 said:
who the "f" is this BigPu$*y???

and Manuel...you are the most negative person i have ever seen
on these boards...

I think many of us are simply enjoying a thread about a goal all of us would love to see...whether or not this will come to pass is not the issue....let us enjoy our dream....

why couldn't portugal win or at least do well???? we have talent both old and young...developed correctly and the instilation of fitness and heart Portugal can win...will they win??? who knows, but they can certainly raise some eyebrows just as they did at the EURO....

so "f" off BigPu$*y

and Manuel....enjoy life a little...dream my friend....:D ;)

forca portugal...
Could'nt have said it better myself :D

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
ah com on Flo...i've seen your posts...you could have certainly done better...you the man...:D

but thanks brother....

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
icarus7 said:
ah com on Flo...i've seen your posts...you could have certainly done better...you the man...:D

but thanks brother....
Not really man. I've already told Manuel he's pessimistic. He didn't listen, hopefully your sense of common sense reasoning has done that ole chap more optimistic ;)

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Yea thats a great attitude man. Let me just say something, Without any belief of yourself winning, you have no actual chance of winning, because you have already decided that you will lose.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I also do not see it happenin (at least not in my life-time). I dont want to ruin anyones dreams or anything, but just like Manuel that is my opinion. Its great to dream and all - but my dreams were CRUSHED about two weeks ago!!

Alot of teams have won their first WC when they staged the event, so with a good showin for 2004 EC, maybe we can get the WC in the future. I envisage a dual bid with Spain emerging some time around 2014 or 2018.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nah 2014 and 2018 is gonna be all Afghanistan and Pakistan BABAY!:D No offense to anyone from there... well the Pakistanis since no Afghans get internet access yet...

G

·
OG BENFIQUISTA said:
I also do not see it happenin (at least not in my life-time). I dont want to ruin anyones dreams or anything, but just like Manuel that is my opinion. Its great to dream and all - but my dreams were CRUSHED about two weeks ago!!

Alot of teams have won their first WC when they staged the event, so with a good showin for 2004 EC, maybe we can get the WC in the future. I envisage a dual bid with Spain emerging some time around 2014 or 2018.

You dont know how many times i have dreamed of Portugal winning something but like OG bt befeif was crushed after the WC. I though we would reach teh quarter finals and go to do well in future tournaments. But that didnt happen.

Another point....

This was the best team we had since Eusebios days and couldnt win it on either occasion. So how do we win it now with all these players gone or going!

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Good to see the Forum Managers are doing their job. I'm allowed my opinion if you don't like it I don't care. The world isn't all luvey-duvey and "hey we're Portuguese" get used to it, I'm not going to apologise because I don't agree with you. So you can call me names, slag me in your own language because quite frankly I don't care. Couto 5 the feeling is mutual you big fu*king poof.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think the reason we didnt get further was mostly because our players tend to take pressure and turn it into something that causes nervousness. What Germany did(after their 5-1 loss to England) was take that pressure and turn it into motivation, something which I deem VERY admirable.

And also BigScotty-Why are you wasting your time here? I'd just like to see your view... not like it will come back as anything intelligent.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
bigscotty said:
Good to see the Forum Managers are doing their job. I'm allowed my opinion if you don't like it I don't care. The world isn't all luvey-duvey and "hey we're Portuguese" get used to it, I'm not going to apologise because I don't agree with you. So you can call me names, slag me in your own language because quite frankly I don't care. Couto 5 the feeling is mutual you big fu*king poof.
Lets get 1 thing right here big sukana. You were the one originally who didnt like what I had to say I said my peice. I dont expect you to apologise , I really didnt expect you to piss off either but you dont have to keep carrying on like a an idiot !!!

BTW - Why didnt you answer my question ( The one about the ref with the runs , Indian food the nite before ) You answered the other questions well.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts