Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watching the chelsea bayern game. the commentators/analysers were going loco about ballacks 'dive'.
i mean he did make the most of it but he was impeded. had the defender not touched him he may have headed the ball into the goal.

i dont like diving, but then i dont like bad fouls, handballs, shirt pulling etc.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
...just as soon as play acting is permited

Cheating should never be accepted.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Russell said:
...just as soon as play acting is permited

Cheating should never be accepted.
exactly, but players still try to foul and handball and shirt pull which is cheating, but commentators dont go on about that, they accept it

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Commentators are hardly the standard barers of the game, they'll hype up the game and make it sound amazing anyway they can, i've never taken much notice of them. Shirt pulling and Handballs incense English crowds but nothing beats play acting for pure filth, it's deceitful and vile. It's a sad fact that it has crept into the English game over the last few years and is more noticeable. Even by United players, which i don't condone.

Before anyone says anything, plenty of United fans have felt embarassed by some of Ruuds antics, me included, other than that he's a legend :)

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Russell said:
Even by United players, which i don't condone.
LOL, the way you wrote that...EVEN the angelic United :D

yes it's bad when no contact, like what A.Cole did against United, but i have a bit of sympathy for players like Ballack who got a tug, because if he doesn't go down then who's to say the ref will give it.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
It was a penalty. I don't know why there is a noise about it. Ballack was impeded by Carvalho and he could've made an attempt for the ball which he wouldn't have got due to the pull back.

·
63,337 Posts
Haroon said:
It was a penalty. I don't know why there is a noise about it. Ballack was impeded by Carvalho and he could've made an attempt for the ball which he wouldn't have got due to the pull back.
It was a penalty but if he hadn't have done his theatricals the ref might not have spotted it and justice wouldn't have been done, how many times do you see players stay on their feet and appeal only for the ref to ignore them ?

that's why i think in some cases you have to go down.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Ballack did the right thing as Jern said. Considering the situation you cannot take a risk like that when in reality it was indeed a penalty in principle. Just for the record ... Ballack is not a diver and doesn't fall over.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Haroon said:
Wait, he was impeded by Carvalho's hand? Who are you trying to kid. Look at a corner kick, any in the game (any game at that in the CL) and I bet bayern players are holding Chelsea players and vice versa. THAT is impeding, a friggin hand cannot stop a full grown man running. If Carvalho threw out a leg then yeah, definitely. And if it was a pullback, then how does he defy the laws of physics by going FORWARD. Couldn't be because it was the last minute of the game in which he played pants and wanted to create a penalty for himself... nah.

Sorry, but I can never condone the diving crap. I hate seeing it no matter who does it. Yes, he did the right thing by cheating. :rollani:

Jern - So Drogba and Cole who were ACTUALLY pulled back on the shoulder should have got a penalty too yeah? Cole's theatrics certainly didn't help win the penalty.

·
63,337 Posts
yes Marc, tugging someone is a foul so it's a penalty, it doesn't matter if Ballack had jumped out of the stadium and onto the Kings Road it is still a foul.

if Drogba and J.Cole got tugged they should ahve got pens too, i didn't see them incidents myself.

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
yes Marc, tugging someone is a foul so it's a penalty, it doesn't matter if Ballack had jumped out of the stadium and onto the Kings Road it is still a foul.

if Drogba and J.Cole got tugged they should ahve got pens too, i didn't see them incidents myself.
Keep that in mind the next million times Vieira does it Jern. :tongue: ;)

·
Registered
17,639 Posts
Gotta agree with Marc, i don't see how laying a hand on an opponent in the box makes it an automatic penalty. Football is a contact sport, and the contact was minimal on Ballack, who went to ground like he was shot-dodging a la Max Payne the moment he thought he could get a penalty by taking a tumble.

But then Chelsea weren't complaining when Carvalho impeded Valdes, so they have no right to take the high-ground. Everyone does whatever they can to win, and no team in modern day football is immune from these sort of cynical tactics. What's bad is when the officials fall for it.

·
63,337 Posts
Flo said:
Keep that in mind the next million times Vieira does it Jern. :tongue: ;)
Vieira isn't really a tugger, he prefers the slightly late clip. ;)

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:

What tug though? They barely touched and if any touch is a penalty then jesus. Really guys, what sport is this. Isn't football ya know... a contact sport?

Well lets put it this way, if Ballack got tugged then Drogba and Cole were shot in the head, buried and driven over by a tractor. Although I wouldn't give pens for them either, its just the Ballack thing was so far from a penalty I feel like laughing. In fact.. heh... hehehe.... HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Flo - Watch what happens when Cole or Duff dives in their box, Jern will be the first one saying they were robbed. :D

·
63,337 Posts
contact sport doen't mean you can use your hands to pull someone back you mentalist. :shades:

if Cole or Duff dive and they are touched i won't say they aree robbed, i will only say we were robbed when there is no contact whatsoever as Rooney did at OT..

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Haroon said:
Concur, it was a penalty. Not sure why everyone is whining about it.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Marc said:
What tug though? They barely touched and if any touch is a penalty then jesus. Really guys, what sport is this. Isn't football ya know... a contact sport?

Well lets put it this way, if Ballack got tugged then Drogba and Cole were shot in the head, buried and driven over by a tractor. Although I wouldn't give pens for them either, its just the Ballack thing was so far from a penalty I feel like laughing. In fact.. heh... hehehe.... HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Flo - Watch what happens when Cole or Duff dives in their box, Jern will be the first one saying they were robbed. :D
Still the fact is, Ballack was watching the ball, ready to meet the ball. Carvalho pulled his shirt slightly, enough to momentarily slow him. If you've ever played football, which i'm sure you have, you'll know that just one tug is enough to put you off balance. Obviously not enough to make you collapse like ballack did. Ballack simply made the referee notice the foul.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
play acting is the reason the game is getting crap we all thank u very much frm the bottom of our hearts italia. Basterds

1 - 20 of 40 Posts