Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The guy is a thug. He took the ball yesterday but still managed to injure Digard. He's also done the same to other players in matches. He is worse than Barton for his disregard for other players' health.

·
0-1, Huth.
6,070 Posts
He quite clearly got the ball, but it was just unfortunate that Digard got injured. Not Cattermole's fault to be honest.

He's a solid player and Boro made a mistake in selling him.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just can't believe nobody in the media has really made anything of it. Barton used to get criticised whenever he made a challenge, and he's never really made rash challenges, just beat-up team-mates off the pitch.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Profile, Cattermole as far as I know hasn't been involved in any scuffles that made news like Barton, Keane, Vieira before him.

Until someone speaks out about him, hell carry on getting away with it

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Cattermole is a quite thug. He does it and then walks away as if what he did wasnt wrong, but doesnt get into a straight up fist fight with anyone (like Keane, Barton) in other words he is a wimp, but a dirty prick on the football pitch.

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
I despise this guy and it will only be a matter of time until he does something really bad to someone. There are reckless tacklers and then just pure spiteful tacklers with total intent on injury. I mean he plays next to Michael Brown of all people and even makes him look clean. Yesterdays tackle was horrendous, the commentator on BBC called it but BBC brushed it off.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Easily the most dangerous player in the EPL at the moment. I cringe every single time I see a 50-50 tackle with him involved. I actually don't think he's a good tackler either, he simply goes in as hard as he can.

He will seriously injure quite a few players before his career is through.

·
0-1, Huth.
6,070 Posts
I'll stand up for him. He's not as bad as you think, otherwise he would definitely have gotten more media attention. He's tough and hard but most of the time he's fair game.

There are far worse players out there i.e. Lucas Neill. Now, there's a real thug and has been for years.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Bullshit. Neill is no angel but he's nowhere near as dangerous as Cattermole is. That's the issue here. You don't see Neill flying into challenges with his feet way of the ground like Cattermole. No. Neil is definitely not on his level.

He'll probably seriously injure himself at some point.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
^ correct. There is a difference between being a thug/**** who hits and kicks people. That is malicious, but not dangerous like Cattermole is. Cattermole doesn't seem to care if he injures a player, and I've yet to see him even apologise for a tackle or show any remorse.

The worst thing is seeing Bruce consistently defend him.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
His tackle on Parker was disgraceful by the way, that could have been a close call to seeing Parker out for a year.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts