Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the 90s this league was the best in the world but it have now been second rated league After the Spanish and Premier league.

Do any of you in this forum have any suggestion what to do to get this league back to the top??

I hope you have some answers???

D

·
0 Posts
Matte said:
In the 90s this league was the best in the world but it have now been second rated league After the Spanish and Premier league.

Do any of you in this forum have any suggestion what to do to get this league back to the top??

I hope you have some answers???
Could try and ban Spanish teams from Europe, like the English teams were banned between 1985-1991.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Re: Re: when will Serie A Get their Best league status again.

DeJackal said:
like the English teams were banned between 1985-1991.
Actually it was only Liverpool that was banned from Europe and deservedly so after that horrible day with their fans in that Juventus-Liverpool match in 84.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

DeJackal said:

Could try and ban Spanish teams from Europe, like the English teams were banned between 1985-1991.
What have that to do with how good a league really is???

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Make the whole world of soccer only have 3 foreigners in their starting line up. Italy would get the most from this, and should help the NT team a great deal, and give younger players a future instead of being behind a foreigner.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Not for a long while

I'm an INTER fan but i haveto be honest

INTER will survive in Europe on star power alone but there are certain teams like Bayern or a Deportivo who star power will not work against

its ridiculous the way INTER has lost this season to every single team tthat possesses the ball. Atalanta Bologna Chievo and Fatih Terim's Milan

So don't be shocked if INTER fail in Europe next season.

Italian teams r just not ready to face possession teams

And yes it will difficult, to playagainst INTER with that forward line but as i said team work will always get the better of individuals

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Tazzy!!!

come by more often man, we need your depressing self around here

Lav

·
Registered
268 Posts

DeJackal said:

Go sleep buddy, I think your tired now. So if Bayer L wins the CL, is this going to mean that the Bundesliga is the best league in the world ? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
268 Posts
cannavaro77 said:
Make the whole world of soccer only have 3 foreigners in their starting line up. Italy would get the most from this, and should help the NT team a great deal, and give younger players a future instead of being behind a foreigner.
I agree, good answer !!

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Its amazing is'nt it Italian Clubs have been off the boil for a few years now and so many are writing their obituaries for them,We are hearing Garbage like to defensive and outdated Yet as it goes for so many years with defensive tactics and so forth which brought so much success to Italian Clubs in all competitions all of a sudden have a simple answer.
Thats why Im dismissing alot of the things being written just wait and see that in even a year or so when the Italian sides are up there again watch the new things come out and see what the experts say.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If all Italian teams fail to make it passed the second round again they may lose a CL place. It only makes sense since they recently gave the premiership four.

It's only fair to punish futility.

D

·
0 Posts
Actually it was only Liverpool that was banned from Europe and deservedly so after that horrible day with their fans in that Juventus-Liverpool match in 84
That explains why not one English team played in Europe in 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989 and 1990.

Go sleep buddy, I think your tired now. So if Bayer L wins the CL, is this going to mean that the Bundesliga is the best league in the world ?
No, how about you go asleep.

If Spanish League clubs were banned, they wouldn't be able to win would they and they are doing the best now aren't they?

Also the Spanish league which is the best, would go down hill because the clubs are not allowed in Europe. I shouldn't have to explain why, or are you really as thick as two short planks?

What have that to do with how good a league really is???
Look at history and then you'll know what I mean,

Does anyone know about football on this web-site? at all?

D

·
0 Posts
It looks like I'll have to explain myself again.

European Cup winners:

1977: Liverpool
1978: Liverpool
1979: Nottm Forrest
1980: Nottm Forrest
1981: Liverpool
1982: Aston Villa
1983: SV Hamburg
1984: Liverpool
1985: Liverpool (Runners-up to Juventus)
1986: English teams Banned
1987: English teams Banned
1988: English teams Banned
1989: English teams Banned
1990: English teams Banned

It's took a long time for the English league to get back into the best league in Europe.
English football suffered hugely. The English league was the best in Europe, and because of the ban, it struggled to get in the top six of Europe.

Imagine if La Liga got banned from Europe for the next five years, it would be a devistating blow. They would loose their top stars as well as many other things.

Obviously there is a lot of stupid people on this board and probably will not understand what I'm saying now.

·
Registered
46,795 Posts
...and what about the nineties, Dejackal? The English teams were not banned, were they?

However if you did not want to be banned for 5 years, you just had to teach your hooligans not to kill people.

D

·
0 Posts
ToniSamp said:
...and what about the nineties, Dejackal? The English teams were not banned, were they?

However if you did not want to be banned for 5 years, you just had to teach your hooligans not to kill people.
:eek:

Did you read my post? I said it took a long time for English clubs recover. What kind of league get's banned and then comes back to win straight away? The English league was about the same as the French league is now from 1991-1995.

In 1996, the English league just got better and better and it's still getting better, that's why it has had five different teams in the Quarterfinal of the Champions League in the last four years, while the Serie A has had one.

Plus this is the Italian forums, so nobody cares too much about English football.
Your right and since I've proven my point, I will leave you alone. :cool:

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Sorry De Jackal I dont agree on the fact that the English Premier League is the best in the world,perhaps the most exciting with defences like holes as big as the Grand canyon.But its mush easier to succeed In England than In Italy or Spain.In My opinion the Italian league is still yhe most toughest in the world and to say something about English sides how many years have Manb Utd been in the Cl Im a Man Utd fan but also a realist,Yes year after year they're are up there but they've won one title and been in one final perhaps under achievers in a way like Juve one season wonders in the CL how alot of people remember them.You can do well every year but if you dont take out the big one well you dont get to much recognition.One team stands out for me and Its simply Real Madrid they look the genuine article year in year out.

·
Registered
13,169 Posts
They got to the quarterfinals? Noooooooo way!!!!!! :rolleyes:
All that matters is the trophy. And neither an Italian or an English club will win a CL trophy again. And that is the bottom line.

D

·
0 Posts
MR MEAZZA said:
Sorry De Jackal I dont agree on the fact that the English Premier League is the best in the world.
Where did I say it was the best? The Premiership in my opinion is the second best. The best is La Liga.

My opinion the Italian league is still yhe most toughest in the world
I'd say the German Bundesliga is par with Serie A, but in no way are Serie A second let alone first. Italians cannot claim the best league in the world when their teams are not respected in Europe anymore.

They got to the quarterfinals? Noooooooo way!!!!!!
All that matters is the trophy. And neither an Italian or an English club will win a CL trophy again. And that is the bottom line
Quarterfinals and Semifinals are better than 1st Group phrase, Third Round and Second Group phrase. know what I mean? UEFA measures this and it comes down to how many slots a league will have in future European competitions.

At the moment Italians are loosing points while Germany, Spain, and England are gaining. It would be stupid if the Italian league is considered the best now when they loose a slot.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts