Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is rather embarassing now and they are continually getting punished for it. I think Serie A as a league first and foremost needs to act on this so that eventually the clubs will not be getting punished in Europe for it.

It is not isolated incidents. They get away with it several times a game in most European games, but they also get punished when it matters most too. Yesterday for instance Chiellini dragged Ramos to the ground when Buffon comfortably was getting the ball. Not only is that poor defending anyway, but its lack of total awareness as he had no need to even touch Ramos as Buffon was in control.

Until the players/clubs learn I hope UEFA gives penalties every time this happens. When it happened to Nesta I agreed that the ref should do what they normally do and tell Nesta to stop before the CK is taken, however I have changed my mind since then because to be fair it is blatant cheating.

Italian clubs can cry over spilt milk as much as they want, but Chiellini should be getting berated for losing Juve the game. Instead the blame has been taken away from him and placed on the ref. Even if I think the red was very harsh, they should be saying how stupid Chiellini was for the PK more than anything else

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
i love how chiellini gets away with that regularly in italy. about time he's punished for his dirty antics!:D

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
I was a bit optimistic when the league issued a warning in the summer saying they will punish shirt pulling inside the box more frequently but in reality nothing has changed.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ramos knew he was against an idiot but in the end Ramos got on the wrong side and got pulled. Nothing else he should do.

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
I was a bit optimistic when the league issued a warning in the summer saying they will punish shirt pulling inside the box more frequently but in reality nothing has changed.
That league-issued statement was just to condition us for the typical late-season PKs the big clubs are going to be awarded so that they can say "look, we said it last summer. We're serious about this stuff."

·
Registered
45,352 Posts
That league-issued statement was just to condition us for the typical late-season PKs the big clubs are going to be awarded so that they can say "look, we said it last summer. We're serious about this stuff."
Far fetched conspiracy theory, but it's true that as usual, when it matters (late season) some clubs will benefit of it more than others because of the well known "sudditanza psicologica".

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
yea, the pk's awarded to ljajic last season really made me mad.:shades:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts