Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Carlo Nash

Votes: 1 8.3%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for me it has to someone young so that we can have a have the same line-up for ten years or so and add a little stability, and also with some experience, and considering richard wright is the only one to get regualr football at a european level (up until the quarter-finals anyway) he for me is the obvious candidate, however if kirkland gets a decent run at liverpool he could be in contention.

·
International
9,526 Posts
Tough question! To be honest, I can't see where our next keeper is coming from. I don't think Martyn is a long term prospect, and as for James, I just don't rate him. Two guys I had a lot of time for were Robinson over a Leeds and Carlo Nash. But at the moment, I really couldn't say.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
I think Nigel Martyn is a good keeper and next best to Seaman.
Kirkland has got no experience but will become a good keeper given time and games.

David James just doesn't seem to be consistent enough.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I'd go for Robinson. Its between him and Kirkland IMO but so far neither has got regular first team football. But it seems Leeds might sell Martyn (not sure where i heard that) so maybe Robinson could get his chance. James is a brilliant shot stopper but i'm not sure if he has that commanding presence that is needed. Martyn is over the hill and Flowers is crap now.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Martyn ... excellant keeper and deserve his chance... but only for a couple of years ..to allow the younger ones to hone their skills

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
si, could you add any other possibilities. it's a bit stupid that you can't edit you're own polls.:mad:
cheers

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Where is Ian Walker's name? :D

Well, that was the spectulation many years ago anyway. But I guess he will not be in the running this time round.

Well, after the generation of Seaman, Martyn will get a run in the team, I think. After that, we should see the emergence of Richard Wright, Paul Robinson and Chris Kirkland, in that order, who will see each other often in England get-togethers and training sessions for the big games.:)

paw;)

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
David James is a good keeper, an so is Tim Flowers!

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I think Martyn until Euro 2004, then Kirkland should be getting 1st team football in Scouseland and should be ready for '06....he might get it this season after Dudeks performance in the WC

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
nigel martyn...but he is also kinda old...but he still can play like 4, 5 years...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts