1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
jus curious haha..
im from singapore and there arnt many valencia fans ard
[we have tons of man u and kop fans however]

its to the extent that once i saw someone wearing a valencia jersey on a bus[this season version] and i was so excited,trying to guess what number is that guy actually wearing..
which just says how hard it is to see a valencia jersey there lol

currently i think i'll most probably buy my 1st valencia jersey next season but i have to hunt around to see which shops actually sells them first lol

anyway back to topic.. for me i 1st got interested in valencia in fifa
04/05 on my ngage as i felt it suited my type of play best
then there were players like refute,curro torres,ricardo oliveria ,pelligerino,mista etc etc.. and a very certain vicente

after that i started to choose valencia for all the games that i have played ..
saying that, i have only used valencia in my fm games that i'hv played since donkey years ago

slowly but surely i started to learn more abt the club,looking at our history and players bios..and started finding some english valencia forums which i chanced upon here and have been visting the forum everyday..

slowly slowly i became real interested in watching the whole team "kick" but since i did not have cable tv in my house,i started coming to my friend hse this season to watch soccer as i do not have cable tv in my hse.. untill i managed to find streams online=))))
usually the matches were 3am on sunday and i go straight to school after that..

strangly said i became a valencia fan this season althought we were losing to almeria etc,bla bla
and other teams soccer will just bore me to sleep..

P.S My 1st ever tread so pls support ok =]

·
Registered
489 Posts
I became a Valencia fan during our CL runs in 1999/2000 and 00/01. Actually I was supporting both Madrid and Valencia back in 99:howler:, but when they beat us 3-0 in the final I knew my heart belongs to Valencia only and I've never supported any other teams since then.

There are not many football fans in Taiwan because people here only watch baseball and basketball. Everytime I wear our jersey someone would ask me if I'm a Toyota employee or did I get that shirt by buying their cars...all those stupid questions.

TVs in Taiwan don't broadcast liga games so I just watch every games on the internet. It's difficult to be a liga fan in this timezone because games often start at 3 or 4 AM while EPL games start at 11PM. The total number of Valencia fans in Taiwan would be no more than 30, and most of them only watch EPL and support Valencia as their "favorite spanish team" because they don't want to support Real or Barca. I post like crazy in our Taiwanese forum but there are just not enough people to discuss. So I came to XT despite my poor English.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm maybe u did a lot of editing but ur english is not bad as you said..
its easily understandable =]

true.. the games are so late at night but valencia still rulez..

speaking abt finding a forum,it reminds me of our offical website
it sucks and i mean SUCKS luckily i chanced upon here lol

·
anti-epl
2,076 Posts
I became a fan after the 01 CL finals and seeing their style of play in la liga & CL the following seasons.

The same sitiuation here & when I was in India: bad timings for the matches, lack of any fans & the too much hype & coverage given to epl

But despite all that I love our club & la liga.

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
Your English is fine wannastop, beats our German brother vcf-rules and his meh posts :thumbsup:

Well I didn't watch much football up until 98 (minus stupid World cups ofcourse). It wasn't my sport as I preferred Basketball and I still play that game more than I do footy. But I can remember seeing Valencia as early as the first Ranieri era in the late nineties, I liked the way they played and loved the crowd atmosphere and the stadium but still didn't give a bats ass about them.

I payed much more attention in the Cuper era because Valencia were always in your face in the CL those days and I remember rooting for them in both CL finals and feeling really bummed when they lost both, I guess I was a fan after that second final - much out of sympathy, even though I wasn't very emotionally attached to them as I am today.

So much so, I started checking news about them here and there and read their incredibly boring history. 31 years without a league title? I said damn, What am I getting myself into?! :wth: :howler:

It was possibly the worst timing to be a fan though because things seemed hopless for Valencia back at 2001. Both Mendieta and Claudio Lopez were gone and Javier Irureta, Mané and Luis Aragonés all turned us down after Hector was fired.

Then they hired Benitez and I remember thinking who the fat fcuk is this? And madridista on top of that too :wth: (Yes I hated Madrid as much as I liked Valencia back then :D) I taught this was the end and Rafa's first two months were simply awful and I haven't seen any coach booed out that early, ever! :dielaugh:

But since he's a Javier Subirats signing you had it at the back of your mind that this was either going to turn out a really bad signing, or really good one (this is the same fcuker that pulled Villa out of his ass :pp). There is just nothing in between for Subisucks :D

Despite losing big names we still had a good backbone in Cañizares, Ayala, Baraja, Albelda and Aimar. But Rafa added something else too, we actually played good football after that Cuper crap which even made Curro Torres look good enough to feature for the national team :pp

We won the league ahead of Depor I think, but the next season was a disaster when we finished 5th. That's the year Valencia stuck with me to the point where I'd lose sleep over the fcukers I guess :D

Aside from Valencia I do follow other teams in Europe as well, but it I sleep just fine even if they are relegated :howler: I do have my sympathies for United, as I love their football and the same reason I try to watch Porto. Also I do follow a bit of Juve and it started because I was a big fan of Zizou and I still am. Still, I wish they go to hell when they face Valencia :pp

·
Registered
786 Posts
one day i suddenly realised that Valencia is a beautiful name and it moved me so i decided to become a fan of the team

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Well I used to like Real Madrid actually. But Valencia emerged as a really exciting team in the CL and got my attention. 2001 against Bayern was just epic fail, and yet not unfamiliar after all the finals I'd experienced losing with Juve. :lala: Then came the Aimar transfer which I was really excited about. So for a while there were two teams I liked, but then in 2002 came the Ronaldo transfer to RM that I really couldn't stomach. I had never liked the guy and that farce of a World Cup & Golden Ball was scandalous.

In 2004 I was in Valencia during Easter and I found out it's a lovely city. Went to Mestalla, which is a rather unique stadium with how steep the seating sections are. A guy all the way in the back with the cheapest tickets (that was us) isn't much further from the field (horizontally) than the guy in the front row. So all the way from the top we had a great view of.... Barca's victory :lazy:

Anyway, Valencia always has something to be excited about. There was Piojo Lopez and Mendieta, then there was Aimar, then Vicente the best winger ever (where the hell is he btw?), finally Villa.

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
Momo is that you? :wth:

I tend to forget, hell atleast add vcf to your teams list :pp

Anway what is it with Valencia being a second team for a lot of people? Even some Madridistas have soft spots for us :D What's so likeable? We are a curse of a team IMO :pp

I have yet to come across a person who has supports another team and dislikes Valencia in here. Well maybe Joshua and K4, but they're clueless :D

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Anway what is it with Valencia being a second team for a lot of people? Even some Madridistas have soft spots for us :D What's so likeable? We are a curse of a team IMO :pp
That's easy. Valencia doesn't make enough noise for people to discover them first before they discover Real Madrid etc. ;)

·
Masch for Captain
2,413 Posts
Wasn't that at the Mestalla though?

[tub]KfClLdlC8bo[/tub]

Vintage Valencia Rafa :proud:

You guys had to fcuked him up @ Liverpool, didn't you? :D
Oh shit the goal was at Mestalla.

I meant to say the football you played at Anfield was just fantastic.

·
Registered
34,126 Posts
Some of you would be pretty self-explanatory, it's your local-ish team, so you live in Twickenham so you support say Chelsea, but what about others, what's the "story" behind supporting your club? What made you? Who? Why?

Anyway, for me it goes back to the Champs Lge of 2000 and being a big fan of Claudio Lopez , my mates didn't really know about him and i was raving about him, saying this and that "the guy is bigger than god" etc., so i basically started tracking Valencia games on the net and to find out if he scored or not , then in the CL that same campaign i was a partial follower of the team in the final etc., but in the summer of 2000 i became a propa fan and then thus the 2000/2001 season.

So, why does everyone else support their club?

·
Registered
34,126 Posts
To note, i was just a watcher of Valencia in the CL of 2000, by the end of about 2000, i say about April, after the first leg game v Barca, i was just enchanted by Claudio Lopez, so after the 4-1 v Barca in the CL, i started checking if he scored in the League via the internet and just checking the scores, i remember a goal v Numancia or some shite and getting happy that he scored and i kind of willed them on, then by 2001 i was emotionally attached so to speak.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I am a Valencia fan since The "Cobra" Adrian Ilie played for us,in Hector Cuper"s glorious moments.Since then i love this team.Amunt
Adrian Ilie+Claudio Lopez=Awesome

1 - 20 of 92 Posts