Xtratime Community banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Btw, was hazard underated cause he dint score vs brazil or France.
He was the best on the pitch on both games. Plus his first round was really good

·
Registered
32,054 Posts
Tbf Mbappe hasn't been more decisive than Griezmann in the WC (so far!) and Griez's club season was superior. It's always odd that the award is given in the middle of the season, but I'd say CRonaldo is still the more deserved winner so far. I know I backed Mbappe in another thread but that was against CRonaldo version 2004.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I'll go for :

--------Lloris------
Trippier--Varane--Laxalt
-----Kanté--Casemiro---
Rakitic-Modric-Hazard
-----Mbappé--cf? equal, Giroud if he scores

The other best gk was Courtois. Coutinho, Pogba (all in sobriety now, so far)... Cavani... Hazard in, but he lost his nerves in some way against France... and was not decisive. Griezmann though in poor form physically was decisive and involved in the game in the semi-finals.
Pavard-Hernandez is more than a good alternative at full-backs positions. I did not watch everything of Vrsaljko. Cheryshev has his place in reserve.
Thiago Silva has to be the 2nd CB without forgetting Mina. Until one point Godin-Gimenez was quite remarkable but it was not surprising given the oppositons, including Portugal.
Now picking in the Hagibest list I take Torreira and why not Matuidi who had the chance to rest before Belgium due to suspension. As for Perisic, see what happens in the final.
Don't know who to pick from Japan, good team. I'm a fan but Meunier's suspension hurted Belgium so no Meunier who was also not always good defensively.
I won't select Marcelo-De Bruyne who cancel each other : Bruyne was really good and decisive only once, against Marcelo.
My last (perhaps very personal) pick is Forsberg : I like this player.

All of that being, the true best 11 will lift the cup.

·
Registered
32,054 Posts
I'll go for :

--------Lloris------
Trippier--Varane--Laxalt
-----Kanté--Casemiro---
Rakitic-Modric-Hazard
-----Mbappé--cf? equal, Giroud if he scores

The other best gk was Courtois. Coutinho, Pogba (all in sobriety now, so far)... Cavani... Hazard in, but he lost his nerves in some way against France... and was not decisive. Griezmann though in poor form physically was decisive and involved in the game in the semi-finals.
Pavard-Hernandez is more than a good alternative at full-backs positions. I did not watch everything of Vrsaljko. Cheryshev has his place in reserve.
Thiago Silva has to be the 2nd CB without forgetting Mina. Until one point Godin-Gimenez was quite remarkable but it was not surprising given the oppositons, including Portugal.
Now picking in the Hagibest list I take Torreira and why not Matuidi who had the chance to rest before Belgium due to suspension. As for Perisic, see what happens in the final.
Don't know who to pick from Japan, good team. I'm a fan but Meunier's suspension hurted Belgium so no Meunier who was also not always good defensively.
I won't select Marcelo-De Bruyne who cancel each other : Bruyne was really good and decisive only once, against Marcelo.
My last (perhaps very personal) pick is Forsberg : I like this player.

All of that being, the true best 11 will lift the cup.
It's a good point which also applies to Casemiro.

·
Registered
56,087 Posts
all the players already cited fit for me.

i think pogba understood under deschamps coaching one or two things (sorry mr mourinho:D). he will be great.

so, to make it short, i would put the greatest from different nations around kanté and pogba.

·
Registered
44,831 Posts
He got you plenty of points. :D Played like 20 games over the last several seasons for different clubs, so in that light hardly disappointing. :)
All true but that doesn't make him one of the best players of the tournament. Disappointing for me because I expected his supply and distribution to be better in a tournament of this magnitude.

Laxalt was the big surprise. Dude was immense at times. :D Even more surprising since, up till now, he looked like he'd have a better career as a stand-in for Joseph Gordon-Levitt or Haley Joel Osment.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Think Godin deserves to be in starting XI with Varane. Uruguay's defense was the best in the tournament up until they didn't have an outlet to release pressure.

Kante is an automatic IMO as well. Probably been France's best performer thus far.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,476 Posts
Think Godin deserves to be in starting XI with Varane. Uruguay's defense was the best in the tournament up until they didn't have an outlet to release pressure.

Kante is an automatic IMO as well. Probably been France's best performer thus far.
Soretes also as old as they come !!!!!! Including their Jerk Skkiper !!!! :devil2:

·
Registered
10,122 Posts
Schmeichel best keeper imo. Saved 4 out of 8 penalties, several world class saves and only conceded 2 goals apart from the pen shootout - a penalty and a freak goal against Croatia. Nobody could have done better than what he did.

·
Registered
13,647 Posts
----------------Courtois
Trippier--Varane--Granqvist--Marcelo/Strinic
------------Kante-----Modric
----Mbappe----Griezmann---Hazard
------------------Kane

41 - 60 of 74 Posts