Xtratime Community banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Alright....here's what I think and my analysis:

-->First, GK's: Buffon, Carini, Chimenti

Chimenti is too good to be the 3rd keeper, and Carini isnt getting any better sitting on the bench and should get some playing time. Therefore, we should loan Carini out for him to gain experience and hopefully increase his market value. A 3rd string goalie should be easily found.

-->Our Defenders: Montero, Ferrara, Iuliano, Thuram, Tudor, Fresi, Moretti, Birindelli, Pessotto(inj.) (Left out anyone? Zanchi is getting loaned out right?)

Stephanho, sorry, but you know Lippi. He likes the 4-4-2. To start out the season, Thuram will probably pair up w/ Montero/Ferrara in the middle since he's dissatisfied w/ his RB position. Tudor on the right with Iuliano/Montero on the left as we saw towards the end of the season. It's most likely we're not getting Canna since he's priced out of our range. And I dont think we'll be stupid enough to sell/exchange both Davids and Thuram to make way for him or Nesta.

-->Mids: Zambrotta(inj.), Camoranese, Conte, Brighi, Baiocco, Tacchinardi, Davids, Nedved, & Dacourt(?)

The question is will we be playing diamond or straight. With Dacourt, it'll be meaningless playing a 3-men mid. b/c he wont be nearly as devastating being the anchored man in the middle. On the other side, there's Nedved's problem. But like the 4-men straight line better: Brighi--Dacourt--Davids--Nedved

-->forward line-up: every1 knows

So, now here's our starting line-up..........

==================Buffon==================

Tudor=======Thuram======Ferrara=====Montero
(Thuram)------------------ <------(Iuliano)------>
-------------------(Conte/Tacc)
Brighi=======Dacourt======Davids======Nedved
(Conte(4-3-1-2))-------------------(Tudor)--------(Del Piero(4-3-1-2))

========Trezeguet=========Del Piero
------------------------ <---(Salas)--->

reserves:Chimenti, Fresi, Moretti, Birindelli, Baiocco, Camoranesi, Zalayeta

The left side looks like our weakest link. But otherwise a great team.

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Christian Vieri,

You forgot about Zenoni. I think he will be the surprise package this season. When he subbed Zambro in the 4-4-2, he didn't doa bad job. He is good as a right back as well.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
We haven't Dacourt yet. And I think that our midfield isn't strong enough. The first choices are very good, but when you're in 3 competions you need more back-up.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Catenaccio said:
Christian Vieri,

You forgot about Zenoni. I think he will be the surprise package this season. When he subbed Zambro in the 4-4-2, he didn't doa bad job. He is good as a right back as well.
i actually don't think you're giving him enough credit. remember he wasn't playing for atalanta this time where it was easy for him to excel under very little lights of pressure. its completely different when you play for juventus and i think C ZEN did much better than i thought he would. and the championship only benefited him because know he has some experience.

there is no doubt that zambrotta's injury which is going to sideline him until january will be a blessing in disguise for zenoni.

SEI UN GRANDE CHRISTIA' !!!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Catenaccio, yes, somehow I totally forgot about Zenoni! Any other players I left out from the current squad? Zanchi and Blasi are being loaned out right?

Having Dacourt would really make a big difference. He's better than Tacchi, has some pace, and a bit more creativeness, although Davids should be paired up w/ someone who's more creative than Dacourt. But Tacchi is even worse, and there's noone really available in the market now. He doesnt fall under Lippi's plans, and selling him might bring us that extra money we can use to buy the Frenchman. Lets wait and see what happens.....

41 - 45 of 45 Posts