Xtratime Community banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Espectro: No- I don't think there has been any rumours on Corini/Corrado. It's just my preferences. I mean... we've bought Baiocco over Corini, and we're apparently interested in Toni.. over Corradi :confused: .

Steph: OK. I have a hard time imagining Modena being able to pay Paramatti a satisfactory salary though, and I think he's said that he would only leave Juve for Bologna (that's why the deal with Atalanta in January fell through). Fortuantely- we have excellent relations with Bologna, and since Fresi is propably joining us, and Castellini is atopic for Milan- Paramatti could go back with them ;).

Ciao.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
CUG's team seems to me the most balanced one. As I prefer only to replace Nesta with Canna (cuz of economical reasons) and Doni with Riquelme.

Glen, please excuse me if I can't remember it that well, but before the start of the season when the tactics were discussed I've stayed with the impression that you don't think Nedved on the left wing (when a three men defence) is a good idea.
Would you remind me about this thingy? ;)

Bye Bye.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
You're perfectly right xtc. I'm still very uncertain that it would work, but I don't really like the alternatives either.
If he is to play on the left wing in a 4-4-2- then we need an attacking alternative for that- and new STARTING wingbacks on both sides. Moreover- central midfield still needs work.

I simply think Nedved on the left (with the 3 man defence still) is the potentially best solution. We will have to rectify it if it doesn't look solid. Nedved IS hardworking though, and if he can adjust to taking on more defensive duties... it would be great.

Ciao.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Thanx for the reply, Glen.

Frankly, if it's possible I'd like to see a 5 men midfield with Neddy on the left, but right now the mind says different things.

Bye Bye.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
if its about rumours...then coco is changed with Armand. and nesta with cannavaro, but i want tacchinardi to go for cannavaro, not for zenoni and maresca.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Dream teams...

All of our wildest fantasies are getting a boost from these
rumours, namely:

Amoruso in the deal for Doni :)
Tacchinardi in the deal for Cannavaro :D

But, I don't think any of us were counting on Davids for
Stam :confused:

I have no idea why Moggi would think that Tach is more
important than Davids, or to rate Stam highly. Could he
play on the left effectively in a three-man backline?

P.S. Steph, you are not only fastidious, you have a huge
vocabulary! ;)

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Re: Dream teams...

ralford said:
P.S. Steph, you are not only fastidious, you have a huge
vocabulary! ;)
:dielaugh:

I'm hesitating on how to interpret this: as something sincere or sarcastic ?... :D

Dank u toch! ;)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Juventus squad for 2002-03

GK
Buffon is our starter, carini will be going (on loan or sold), Rampulla retire. We will but Chimenti, he will be our back up

out: Carini, rampulla

in: Chimenti

DEF
My dream is to buy Fabio Cannavaro and Chivu, and sell thuram. We can play 3 backs
canna montero chivu
with Iuliano, Ferrara, Pessotto. This is a very unrealistic dream

In reality we will keep Montero, sell Thuram, keep Tudor, keep Iuliano and buy Cannavaro.

out: Thuram, Biringdeli, paramatti

in: Cannavaro

Possible formations
canna montero iuliano or
tudor montero canna

I prefer to play tudor as a defensive mid with davids

MID

We must only sell Davids if we can definately sign Viera to replace him. Tacchinardi should stay as should zambo. We should try to sign Doni to play on the left so Nedved can remain our playmaker.

out:

in: Brighi, doni, Biaocco

ATT

We should definately keep Zalayeta, he has had a good season considering the role he has played. Sell amoruso and Buy Mutu

Del Piero, trez, salas, mutu, zala

out: amoruso

in: mutu

We need to buy Mutu, Cannavaro, Doni and Chimenti. That is not much seen that we can profit from selling thuram and Carini.

The team -

Buffon
Tudor Montero Cannavaro
Tacc/Brighi Davids
Zambrotta Nedved Doni
Del Piero Trezegeut

backup
Chimenti
Ferrara Iuliano Pessotto
Tacc/Brighi Biaocco
Zenoni Mutu Maresca
Zalayeta Salas

There are 22 players
+ a goalie from our youth
+ def, maybe fresi
Guzman

25 players, at great squad.

My dream squad

Buffon
Cannavaro Montero Chivu
Tudor Viera
Zambrotta Nedved Doni
Del Piero Trezegeut

We can always dream, good night

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
We should lean towards minimal change. We would have won the scudetto by a much bigger margin if it didn't take so long to get used to the new system and if we had more depth.

Lets shy away from selling 1st team players. We should work at building a better 2nd team.

maybe sell:

Tacchinardi (we are getting Brighi and Baiocco)
Paramatti
Amoruso

maybe buy:

Doni
Zauri
Mutu.

IF we HAVE to sell Davids and/or Thuram (because they want to leave).

Then get:

Dacourt for Davids (unless we get Vieira)
Canna or Nesta for Thuram. (Preferably Nesta).

Either way, we won't spend much.

I like Eriberto for our right side. That's the only other player I would seriously consider.

i.e: (Idealy)

_______________BUFFON________________

THURAM___TUDOR___MONTERO___PESSOTTO

_______________DAVIDS________________

ZAMBRO/ERIBERTO____________NEDVED____

________________DONI_________________

____________TREZ___DEL PIERO__________

We need better depth to win Champions League. All of these players (including Salas) should mean that we have a very flexible squad. We can easily play: 4-3-1-2, 3-4-1-2, 4-2-3-1.

I expect Maresca and Zenoni to continue to evolve next season.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
... or even a 4-2-3-1 formation, e.g.:

------------------------- Buffon

----Tudor ---------- Thuram ---- Montero---Pessotto

----------- Brighi ------------ Davids

Zambrotta -------- Doni --------------- Nedved

--------------------- Salas

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
kcII: Is it my imagination running wild or did you just construct a 4-2-3-1 system without Del Piero or Trezeguet :eekani: ?

What is 100% certain:
Incoming- Chimenti, Fresi, Baiocco, Brighi, Miccoli (5 Italians- coincidence ?)
Going away: Rampulla (retired), Carini (will be sold after the World Cup)

Everything else is rumours right now.

So what does that mean ?

It means that the squad is right now on 26 players, and Lippi has said he expects a squad of 24-25 players for next season.

Formations: Big question is if we're about to play a 3 or 4 man defence, and it makes a huge difference in my book.
If it's a 4 man defence- we would have to convince Thuram to play right back (which won't succeed) or get two new backs. A left back because Pessotto is injured and would need a back-up anyway, and a starting right back because Zenoni can hardly be considered a starter from his performances this far, and let's forget the thought that Birindelli will be. We would also need one versatile offensive player like for instance Doni or Mutu, but there are many other options of course.

With a 3 man defence we would need a selection of players who could do well both offensively and defensively on the midfield wings. We already have Zambrotta and Pessotto (well Pessotto knows how to play there but isn't ideal in attack as we all know). Then there's the possibility Nedved could play on the left even if it's a gamble in my book. Davids has played that left position before, but simply hates it, and stunk when Lippi tried it earlier this season. Zenoni can do it on the right, but I think we would need at least one player on the left side to pull this off.
The need for an attacking minded midfielder to offer an alternative to Nedved stays the same.

Almost certain to leave judging by the rumours: Thuram, Paramatti, Amoruso, Zalayeta + one of Tacchinardi/Maresca. That's 5 players which could be 6 with Birindelli which I doubt, which brings us back to 21 (20 with Birindelli) players. Remembering Lippi's words we can then find between 3 and 5 players to add.

If Thuram leaves- Canna is more than likely to be the one coming in to defence, but it doesn't solve any of our problems unless we're in for the 3 man defence, which makes the defensive selection unheard off still, and extremely flexible.

That means 2-4 players left.
With both Zalayeta and Amoruso propably going, and Miccoli having joined, one of the remianing players will be a forward. Maybe a mix between a forward and an offensive midfielder like Mutu. That takes care of two problems but creates a new one, as Trez is then the only REAL striker we have in the box (I see Salas as more of a DP like player). But we can live with that of course with those kind of names on the roster.

1-3 players left.
Still- the situation on the wings has not been assessed yet, and apart from Ze Maria there hasn't really been any rumours. Ze Maria is a right wing player though, and we already have Zambrotta and Zenoni there. Who will play on the left side ?

I'm getting frustrated.

Ciao.

·
Registered
461 Posts
this juve will win number 27..............

..........................buffon............................

tudor.....thuram......cannavaro....montero

...d'alessandro ......nedved.........davids...

...........................doni..............................

..........trezeguet...........del piero..............

could also be nesta in the back

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Nedvd is the wong position.

More like this:

_____________Buffon_____________

Thuram___Canna___Tudor___Montero

_____________Davids_____________

__Zambro_________________Doni___

_____________Nedved____________

__________Trez___Del Piero________

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Well Glen, it's just an option that can be used from time to time. If we would get Doni, we have Tudor, Nedved and Doni who score often and one forward. I chose Salas because he's better with the ball than Trez, but he's also more a striker than Del Piero. That line-up would also be fine with Trez. But I just wanted to show that with Doni (are another extra creative midfielder) we can put a lot of variation in the line-up

·
Registered
819 Posts
I have a hunch we will get Doni...

Moggi denies wanting him, but at the same time that he denied wanting Cannavaro.

Now, we know he was lying about Canna, so there's no reason to suspect that he doesn't want Doni.

Who else were in the running for Doni? Supposedly Roma and Inter. Roma have already signed Guardiola.

Do Inter really want Doni? I don't think so - Cuper likes to play a 4-4-2 formation, into which Doni wouldn't really fit.

Put Doni in the playmaker position, let Nedved play on the left flank (with Davids as a left side defensive midfielder, he would be free to attack more and to drift inside) and our problems are solved.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Hrm, some thoughts while being stranded in Budapest ...

Firstly, I hope the Scudetto won't breed any complacency in planning for the next season. They say luck is when preparation meets opportunity ... we were definitely lucky then when Inter cracked. Credit where its due, Juve was fantastic in the run-in and deserves the Scudetto.

On Thuram's role, Juve broke their promise albeit unwillingly. I actually think he'll become a great CB and we can probably find him a complement in our squad instead of a replacement out there. To go around painting a picture that it is his fault refusing to play an imaginary RB (assuming we're going with a back 3 next season) is wrong. It is his first season afterall so why aren't we giving him time to settle? He's better than Canna and at least on par with Nesta, IMO. Ok ok, I like him so I might be slightly biased but anyway ...

On formations, having an idea of how most of our opponents will play (CL or League) and addressing our weaknesses shown will probably be a good basis to formulate next season's strategies. I am not too sure about the 3-5-2 since,

- History/experience indicates this will be battered into a (undersieged-5)-(clueless-3)-(isolated-2) against stronger teams

- Juve's obsession in star defenders continues! Till now, we're likely to have Montero, Iuliano, Canna, maybe Nesta, Fresi, Ferrara and perhaps Tudor (if he doesn't play as a mid) for 3 CB spots despite having the best defensive record around. A luxury we don't need.

- Versatile wings also spells mediocrity. Juve has been plagued by this for years. The general weakness in the Serie A is the flanks but why aren't we exploiting it properly? Try specialized players instead of all-rounders this time round? Whatever it is, at least get players who can cross properly ... we have 2 of the best heading duo in Trez and Tudor afterall. We have Zenoni, Zambrotta, Pessotto and probably Ze Maria + a new guy (Placente?) for 2 flanks ... none of them naturally left-footed!

- 5 across the middle sounds like crowd it, press, destroy ... no orthodox playmaker. A recessed midfielder with distributing ability seems likely but we need lotsa breaking speed (which we don't) for maximum effectiveness of this role. The Serie A has adapted to the fantasista role in the 'hole' behind the strikers; shifting this pivot behind the midfield protection might work? The alternative consequence is useless possession and boring us all to death. Judging from Lippi's enthusiasm, this candidate sounds unfortunately like Tudor. With all due respect, physical presence and the ability to loft a few passes around for a while doesn't mean he can pass off as one! Rumours of Guardiola and Veron lend evidence to this role. The 2 other central midfield spots will be between Brighi, Baiocco, Conte and Nedved (Lippi's faves - workhorses) among the certainties. The marginal are sadly Davids, Maresca and yes, Tach!

- In the attack, Trez-DP have been fabulous this year. Don't bet on it next year though with 'extra' attention by defenders and WC fatigue. Good news that Zalayeta seems to have come of age at last and Salas is back. Amoruso is a goner. Miccoli is here and Mutu/Olivera seems likely. Like the GK department, well-covered and looks good.

Lastly, I'd much rather prefer the 4-2-3-1 which we whacked Brescia 5-0 with or even the 4-3-3 (4-3-1-2 to some) These systems accomodate flair and a playmaker better, things which we sorely need. Juve have always had the BEST playmakers around so its kinda strange we don't anymore. We should really groom another ...

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
well, judging by the latest rumours, it seems juve are interested in Doni again. However, another rumour of Denilson joining has kind of stated that Lippi wants to continue the 4-4-2 for next season. Placente has been rumoured and probably the most likely to join out of the ones already mentioned along with Cannavaro. Mutu deal has completely fallen thru as Moggi thinks he cannot afford 12 million pounds :rolleyes: i'm not sure if Ze Maria has actually signed yet, but i hope he has coz we need back up for that right side.

on the departures, i think it is safe to say that Thuram is leaving and rumours of Davids already signing a pre contract with roma and also thuram, davids plus cash for Vieira has been rumoured, although that is very unlikely. Tacchinardi has just been mentioned in leaving for Arsenal dur to Wenger liking his abilities.

so, what could we end up with next season:

-----------------buffon------------

cannavaro----tudor-----montero------placente

-----------------------davids------------------

zambro---------------------------------Doni/Denilson

------------------------Nedved-------------------

-------------trez-------------------------DP

now, if davids leaves say we do get Vieira in that deal, vieira would be in davids' place. if davids leaves and we dont get anyone to replace him, its safe to say that Brighi or tacchers has got their spot.

just on that Doni deal, I would personally prefer to spend that kind of money on denilson who has at least 5 good years in him, if not more.

juve does lack pace on that left, and i think denilson has the skills of doni, but is younger and faster. Nedved must keep on playing where is now, bringing him back to the left might see him lose form again.

i have noticed a lot of people playing 4 centre backs across the backline, i have chosen Cannavaro to play at right back, but i feel that he will be out of position. Montero at left back isnt good, he should be in the middle and playing tudor at right back is wasted as he cant get into dangerous positions liek he could at centre back.

i hope we get placente, cannavaro and denilson.

not getting mutu is a mistake, we have only 3 strikers, not enough, and we will land up with teh same problem we had last season.

we didnt win teh scudetto convincingly, so we must make sure we fix our problems, nut it seems liek moggi doesnt want that.

as for teh squad being cut down to 24 or 25 men, we should see the following leave.

carini
birindelli
parramatti
amoruso

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Cannavaro at right back? Oh, you poor poor fool... :D:tongue:

·
Registered
26 Posts
IMO the squad is nearly perfect (if Cannavaro or Nesta will come), only problem is in playmaker pos.

Sell Thuram, Carini and Zalayeta and buy Pablo Aimar.

O.k. Doni is a skilful player but he's 29 years old!

Getting Aimar will solve the creative midfielder problem for ten years. ;)

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
If Moggi is not lying (big assumption), then we keep Thuram and Davids. Assuming no more transfers, how will we play for the first few mongths without Zambro and Pessotto?

Lippi said that he could play Salas, Nedved, Del Piero and Trezeguet in the same 11.

If you remember, in one game last year when both Zambro and Pessotto were injured he played Zalayeta with Nedved, DP and Trez. He also played Montero as left back in that game.

__________________BUFFON________________

THURAM___TUDOR/FRESI___MONTERO___MORETTI

_______BRIGHI/(TUDOR)___DAVIDS/(CONTE)____

__________________NEDVED________________
___SALAS/ZALAY________________DEL PIERO___
_________________TREZEGUET______________

Essentially a 4-2-3-1.

Or alternatively4-4-2:

_________________BUFFON____________

ZENONI___THURAM___IULIANO___MONTERO

_____________TUDOR___DAVIDS_________
CAMORANESI____________________NEDVED
___________________DEL PIERO_________
______________TREZEGUET_____________

or 4-3-1-2.

_______________BUFFON_______________

THURAM___IULIANO___MONTERO___MORETTI

_______________TUDOR________________

__BRIGHI____________________DAVIDS___

_______________NEDVED_______________

________TREZEGUET____DEL PIERO_______

The bottom line is that our squad is flexible right now and the reality is that we only need another striker to fill in for Amoruso who we sold. Hopefully we can find someone good.

As long as Thuram and Davids are happy to stay, then no worries.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts