Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So,what do you think about Cragnotti? how do you judje his transfer policy,do you like the person who apoints? do you think he invests enough money? does he really care for the club or money is his only objective?

------------------
Parma will fight back...FORZA PARMA!

M

·
0 Posts
I think he invests enough money thats for sure. But I think he buys to many world-players sometimes and I think it would be fun to invest more in the youth squad and try to make our own players.

------------------
"Chi non salta giallorosso e'!!!!!"

S.S.LAZIO CAMPIONE D'ITALIA 1999/2000

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Well, let's judge the facts, first of all.
When Sergio Cragnotti has taken over, Lazio were a mid-table team with no ambition of even a place in the UEFA Cup. Then Cragnotti came in and the first championships were no different from the past years. The turning point was in the summer of 1992. In that summer, Cragnotti signed Lazio's first big buys: Beppe Signori, Paul Gascoigne and Aron Winter. Indeed Gazza was bought in 1991, the first player Cragnotti bought, but he got injured seriously and came to Lazio a year later.

Well, I think Cragnotti made a big mistake when he appointed Zdenek Zeman as Lazio coach. Zeman's style of football is great sometimes and those days Lazio got a few unforgettable wins. But it was also utterly too inconsistent to win the scudetto or any other trophy. In my opinion, this has been Cragnotti's biggest mistake. But he made up for it when he snapped up Sven Goran Eriksson. The Swedish coach was already on his way to Blackburn Rovers when Cragnotti proposed him to be Lazio new coach (1997). That's been the beginning of Lazio's winning era.

As for the transfers, I think that of all the players Cragnotti have bought, only few of them have been real failures. Surely Ivan De La Peña, maybe Igor Protti, perhaps Paul Okon, someone could say Gazza. But they are outnumbered by the good buys: Beppe, Winter, Roberto Di Matteo (he was no-one before joining Lazio, and then became an Italian international), Diego Fuser, Luca Marchegiani, and more recently Matias Almeyda, Pavel Nedved, Roberto Mancini, Giuseppe Pancaro, Vladimir Jugovic, Sinisha Mihajlovic, Cristian Vieri, Sergio Conceiçao, Marcelo Salas, Diego Simeone, Juan Sebastian Veròn. If you take a look at the transfer market of the other big teams, no-one (except Juventus, maybe) has such a positive proportion between good buys and failures, at least in the last six or seven years.

But it's also to be said that Cragnotti has always set an eye to the money. In his opinion football and money are on the same level of importance. We all know what's happened when he tried to sell Beppe Signori to Parma. He repeated that kind of move last summer when he sold Vieri to Inter. No riots this time, and admittingly the sale of Vieri to Inter was a wise move from Cragnotti. Loads of money poured in and part of them were used to buy Veròn and Simeone, who have been pretty decisive in this great season. Of course I'd like to see more Italian players in the Lazio squad, and hopefully the come-back of Roberto Baronio is just the beginning.

Also Lazio has been the first Italian club to be floating in the Stock Exchange (1998). This fact means that at the end of evry season Lazio must have at least a balance account, so that if you want to buy a player you have to sell another player currently in your squad. That's why Cragnotti is trying to swap players so that no money is involved, and also that's why he said that all the Lazio players can be sold if a very good offer comes. That's the negative side of being a public company. Your shareholders do expect you to make as much money as you can, no matter how you do it. It must be said that a good deal (most?) of Lazio shareholders have nothing (or little) to do with football, since the genuine fans couldn't afford to buy the shares when they were sold, because the minimum stock cost something like 3 thousands dollars.

It's very difficult to keep some balance between the two sides of Lazio, the football side and the financial one, but all in all I think that Cragnotti has done very well up to now. Again, don't forget what was Lazio before him. And what's now.

FORZA LAZIO

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I´m/would/will be satisfied with his work, he´s made miracles during his time, if only he forgot about Rivaldo!!! Veron and Rivaldo in the same team, won´t work!!
There´s a possibility that if Rivaldo comes (using Negro as a swap item), Veron could go to Real Madrid (he´s their number one priority for the summer according to someone called Pirri)) for money+Salgado, this deal is ideal for all sides, still I´m not keeping my thumbs up!!

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
He is the best person in his position
He is a man who know what is the best thing he has to do
He is a man that we need to be champion
He is still our leader and will be (at least for another 5 years)

But sometimes he is a man who do thing that confusing us..

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Yeah, I agree with aquila. The keyword to Cragnotti to me is : ambitious. And it's like a double-edge sword to him.
His being ambitious is what has brought Lazio success in the first place. Cragnotti doesn't hesitate to act (even drastically) to achieve his goal. Once he's got a goal, he'll do lotsa things to achieve it. Without him, we wouldn't be where we are now. He brought in quality players, and most of them have been good - if not great - buys. So I'm very grateful for what he's done to us.
Yet, there's a danger in that being an astute businessman, his interest in money and profits equals his concern for football. And that's what makes him susceptible to selling a very good player because it'll be a very good deal - in terms of the money, but not necessarily in terms of the footballing aspects of the club. And there's also the stock market!
So, I think the decisive factor here is Eriksson. After what he's done to Lazio, I think he'll have much more say in the transfer of players. And Eriksson's focus is solesly on the team. So, it is possible for him to prevent transfers which would damage the team. I have faith in Eriksson - that he has the good sense to keep the vital players and only wants to bring those we really need and not just the StarS. That's why I think Eriksson can be the balancing factor - to prevent Cragnotti from making grievous errors. And being the astute businessman he is, he should be able to learn a thing or two from Eriksson. :)
All in all, my respect to Cragg although I'm aware that he's got his flaws as well.

Forza Lazio

P

·
0 Posts
The truth about Crag:
First he´s a businessman and second the president of Lazio.
Every move he makes with Lazio he does because he thinks it can helps his business: ex. Veron!

But for us fans this is good. I really think we didn´t have the best team this season so i really think we need a couple of great stars to win the title again!
According to rumours Eriksson wants to have the same team next year but i prefer Crags thoughts of strenghten the team!
I like Crag and i really think that he´s the presídent that can run a team like Lazio!
This guy has so much money he doesn´t know what to do so it´s good he has LAzio that he can play with!

·
Registered
315 Posts
I couldn't give a f***!!!

CAMPIONI D'ITALIA, is that not enough???

------------------
MI CHIAMO CECCO E SONO CAMPIONE D'ITALIA

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well,if you dont care cecco please dont bother to answer...do us and your slef a favor and answer only to the topics you care for...

------------------

E

·
0 Posts
Saying "I don´t care" is also a way if answering a topic. Actually that is the most honest answer this time. Maybe this kind of formulation was what Cecco was looking for:
"I don´t care what kind of person Cragnotti is, as long as he continues to bring us titles."
It is a pain in the ass to read between your lines Cecco :). Expecially with all those stars...

FORZA LAZIO

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh thank you very much Emir.Could you please go back and translate all Cecco's posts so they can make some sense? use your own words so maybe we can understand what ce**o p***s about L***o a*d l* S*******o.

------------------

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Amoroso,
If does't care, why did he post? :)

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL
Pelo Corinthians, com muito amor ate o fim.
A Corrente Jamais Sera Quebrada!
THE WORLD IS OURS

·
Registered
330 Posts
Ok, how does this sound?
Personally I think Sergio is doing and has done a great job for Lazio!!!!!
Now what do you think of your Tanzi?

P.S.Before critiscizing someone,try understanding the reply!!!!

REALE,CAMPIONE D'ITALIA,DELLA COPPA ITALIA,E PURE DELLA SUPERCOPPA EUROPEA!!!TIE'!!!!

------------------
SEMPRE E SOLO FORZA LAZIO

1 - 14 of 14 Posts