·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats your favourite league?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Premier League because of Manchester United and the dutch league, because I'm from Holland. If I see the Serie A I don't have a good feeling with it, maybe i'm wrong, but the stadions are not very beautiful, and de crowd is far away from the field, if you see the stadions in England, the fans are right on the field, and a hole match is nicer to see in England than in Italy.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Bramaldo said:
Premier League because of Manchester United and the dutch league, because I'm from Holland. If I see the Serie A I don't have a good feeling with it, maybe i'm wrong, but the stadions are not very beautiful, and de crowd is far away from the field, if you see the stadions in England, the fans are right on the field, and a hole match is nicer to see in England than in Italy.
hmmmmm i love Serie A, but i don't like English Premier League.

i love to watch big games in Serie A like: Juve - Milan, Juve-Inter, Inter -Milan, Roma - lazio, Inter - Roma, Milan-Lazio, Inter-Lazio, Lazio - Milan, Juve-Roma, Lazio-Juve

other leagues don't have this many big games.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Newcastle permutations along with the Mersyside and London derbies. I personally enjoy watching both English and Italian leagues.

·
Registered
92 Posts
la liga of course! the quality of football is technically the best
also there are the permutations of big matches between real madrid, barcelona, deportivo, valencia.. no other league has so many upsets.. it is definitely the most unpredictable league

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Italian Serie A is the best. Look at the teams, AC Milan, Inter Milan, Juventus, SS Lazio, AC Parma, AS Roma. But it depends on the actual vote question, the Italian league is the strongest league as the teams I stated would beat most teams in other leagues if you stretch it as far as comparing the first five teams from each league. The question is which is your favourite league so it is a choice that anyone can make. Italian Serie A is strong, English Premier League could be the best entertainment and Spanish La Liga could have the best players, its your opinion.

·
Registered
558 Posts
the league which is best is la liga.
I hate watching italian league games 'cause whenever I watch it on tv it looks like there are no fans or there's big empty spaces all the time(what's the deal with that?). In la liga their stadium is always packed.
The skill is better and the fan atmosphere rivals even the premiership.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Ghostface said:
the league which is best is la liga.
I hate watching italian league games 'cause whenever I watch it on tv it looks like there are no fans or there's big empty spaces all the time(what's the deal with that?). In la liga their stadium is always packed.
The skill is better and the fan atmosphere rivals even the premiership.
hmmmm have you ever seen games like Milan - Inter, Roma - Lazio and other big games where you have 80 000 crazy fans, just watch game on Sunday, Roma - Juve.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Fondy said:
hmmmmm i love Serie A, but i don't like English Premier League.

i love to watch big games in Serie A like: Juve - Milan, Juve-Inter, Inter -Milan, Roma - lazio, Inter - Roma, Milan-Lazio, Inter-Lazio, Lazio - Milan, Juve-Roma, Lazio-Juve

other leagues don't have this many big games.
There you have a good point.

·
Winter is Coming.
8,130 Posts
premier league, by far the most exciting and i actually understand what the fans are singing.

i don't think serie A has the biggest names in the game, but they're certainly up there.

derbies in english football is the best, but serie a matches are not far behind. i'd prefer EPL over Serie A anyday but that is not to say i do not watch Serie A.

1. EPL
2. Serie A
2. La Liga

(i like them both the same)

i've started watching Serie A because i get coverage on the weekends, they are ok, and Roma looks exciting this year, but i still think EPL is a better watch, even if there are not as many quality teams as the other two leagues.

i'm sure the deal would be different with all of us depending on what language we speak, or what countries we have ties with.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Two years ago, I would have said that the EPL was my favorite because of the history of the teams, the emotion of all the derbies and the passion of the fans. For me, that's kind of diminished by having the same 2 or 3 teams dominate every year. Yyou could make the same type of arguments for Serie A and La Liga - passionate fans, great derbies, great players but the same squads dominating every year.

For that reason, I'd have to chose Ligue 1. You do have historically important and powerful teams like Marseille or more recently PSG or Monaco, but you just get the impression that either team can win any Ligue 1 match. I like the unpredictability of it. And the quality of play isn't that worse than the EPL, Serie A or La Liga - both Monaco and Lyon have done very well in this year's Champions League, and watch Sochaux beat Inter next week in the UEFA Cup.

That being said, Ligue 1 isn't as suspensful this year as in years past. The Bundesliga on the other hand has been absolutely CRAZY so far this year... so maybe my preference is changing. :)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts