Votes: 12 16.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so? ;)

i prefer to be a striker, somethin like Zlatan style, not trez style, i make my own attacks and goals sometimes ;)

·
Registered
604 Posts
HajdukSplit said:
center back, sweeper.
doggy style .............or right back :smileani:

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
goalkeeper, too unfit to play outfield all the time. altho i'm not bad at right back

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Hah, when I first started playing outfield, oddly having won player of the year for being a goalkeeper the season before, I was unfit, but within a few weeks due to our stupid offside trap, I was the fittest at the club. We had the biggest pitch in the league and played a really high line. Now I'm too unfit to play outfield. I sometimes play for my friend's team. I played 30 minutes outfield, and was knackered within 5 minutes of coming on. I was up front, but my mate was on the left and likes playing up front, so the manager let us swap about as we wished. As we were losing 5-0 when I came on, there was little shape as we were playing for some pride by getting a goal, many players pushed up, so we were drained in midfield. I dropped back into centre mid as a result, and I enjoyed that. By the end we lsot 5-1.

In PE at school I'd often play defencive mid, and would be like a Pirlo style playmaker. Thats not because I'm good, but its easy to dictate the game when everyone in my PE class was crap at football. All a bunch of nerds y'see.

·
Registered
44,837 Posts
Nice story, Green One.

I originally started off as a striker and bagged a few goals. Which felt really good. But I was more of a opportunist in the opponent's area, which meant that I would just tap the ball past people and then put on the speed since I'm not one of those insane dribblers. But after that I decided to move back to defence where I ended up finding myself as a sweeper, which I was pretty effective at.

Then I fancied being a playmaker, so I tried it out in the midfield. In the end, I've found that although I could attack, I was far more effective as a Defensive Midfielder. With the tackling and passing and setting up of moves. That's my position now and that's the one that I really seem to be meant for. I play in a role that is similar to Cristiano Zanetti, who is a favourite of mine, or Claude Makelele but I could say that I'm fairly more adventurous offensively than they are in a way that is similar to another favourite of mine, Esteban Cambiasso.

It would be great to be a playmaker but DM is my natural position. Which is good because it can be so much of a thrill playing there.

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
I love playing keeper, I have great reflexes and good one-on-ones, though I'll admit my distribution leaves a something to be desired. Other than that, I like to play striker, as I have a fairly powerful shot and good speed.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
My best position i have ever played was DMC coz i could attack and defend also the occasional thru ball. But now i play LB usually.

·
Registered
418 Posts
missionary... oh wait :mute:

j/k.. I like to play as DM, because even if I'm in attack I always run back to help my team in defence (I'm always too concerned about conceding a goal), but I also like to put in the passes and long balls, and take a shot every now and then

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
I played CB (big, fairly slow, semi-evil ;)), but would have to concur that Trequartistas generally are the players I most enjoy to watch.

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
Left winger....It's what I played my whole life and in college.... :stuckup:

I was born left footed and learned to use both effectively unlike that Beckham chap who can only use the one foot he's used to... :tongue:

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
I play striker or right back ... weird combination, huh? I voted for right-back, since I think strikers get enough votes and the wing-defenders are a vital part of a team since they have to stop the pacey wingers from bringing in their decisive crosses.
Hey Flo, if our teams would play a match, we would probably be direct oponents ;)

1 - 20 of 65 Posts