Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously I don't understand how prices could have rosen so much!!!!!!!! Now looking back at the Lopez deal, if i had have been the president of Valencia, I would have asked for $60mil not $25mil like we paid!!!

Ok now on the Crespo deal, wasnt it $60mil and then with part exchanges being almeyda and conceicao!! Almeyda is $25mil, Conceicao is $20mil + $25mil, that = $70mil!!!!!!

Guys am I just not understanding something? Veron cost us $28mil last season and now Cragnotti is going to pay $70mil for Crespo who isnt even as good as Veron??!!!!!!!
What about this, Lopez starts for Argentina while Crespo sits on the bench and Crespo nearly costs 3 times as much!!!
This is not possible!! I must be deaming, or having a nightmare :)

And jeeeezzz i thought that Batistuta was expensive but the Crespo deal is twice the value!! And then what happens if Crespo gets injured like ronaldo??

Crespo wasnt even top scorer of the serie a and we are going to pay for him the most ridiculous deal in all history!!

Also on Conceicao if he is sold the replacment is Zenden?
Does anyone want this guy?

I say keep Salas, buy Palermo who costs about 4 and a half times less the value of Crespo and leave it at that!!

And why is it that no one has tried to buy SHEVA!!!???
he can only get better and better!! Hes so young and has only played 1 year in the serie A

Could someone please tell me where i have made a mistake here because i cant understand how Crespo can cost $70mil and Lopez $25ml!!!

FORZALAZIO!

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
What a joke hahahahahah who's going to play right for the champs Lombardo hehehhehehehe

GOOD LUCK TO RAFTER
FORZA INTER

ZENDEN hahahahahhahaahhaah

·
Registered
555 Posts
el matador, prices are rising incredibly fast ! that's the reason, a player that two month ago was valued X million could today have his value doubled !

Lazio is paying Valencia "only" $26 million because Lopez had in his contract a minimum fee release clause which allowed any team that payed $26 million to get him. And since Lazio and Valencia has agreed on this deal since September last year, he was very cheap.

Lopez value today is probably around $50 million.

FORZALAZIO !!

http://Laziomania.socceralliance.com

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh really??
That wasnt very smart on Valencias part since he had only just signed a new contract before!! Maybe they could have raised the minimum fee release clause!! Im not complaining though :)
Is this how we also bought Rava?

But Crespo dont have a release clause does he?
What about players in our team, do they have release clauses? Hope not :)

FORZALAZIO!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Hernan Crespo is the MOST EXPENSIVE transfer ever and he is a "SUBSTITUTE" in Argentina, WHAT A JOKE!!!! Crespo isn't even in the starting 11 in the Argentinian team. Zidane, Figo and Rivaldo could be worth 70 million each of them, but not Crespo, he is nowhere near greats like Zidane, Figo or Rivaldo. Crespo is worth anywhere from 30-35 million but not more than that!!!

M

·
0 Posts
I can't belive Conceicao might be leaving, I love that guy. I hate football when it comes to transfers, I hate it.
The fact that Conceicao could leave, makes me very, very sad.:(

·
International
6,519 Posts
I don't want ZENDEN in Lazio, but i want Palermo :):)

Sheva would be great too :)

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
I feel I have to explain something about basic football tactics here. Crespo and Lopez are two completely different players. They don't comepete for the same position. Crespo is almost identical to Batistuta and it's Batistuta he has to face for a place in the starting 11 for Argentina. Can you please get that? Many teams use this. One striker to feed off the other. Like Del Piero is supposed to make Inzaghi score for Juve, like Amoroso was supposed to make Crespo score and so forth. For the very same reason I think Crespo and Batistuta would be a disappointing pair. Del Piero and Totti wouldn't do too good either. Del Piero and Bati and Totti and Crespo would however be lethal. I hope I have made my point clear by this kind of explanation? :)

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
As long as there are idiots willing to pay that kind of money I can´t see it changing.

Cragnotti is bitching about how contracts are rising to high etc and still he´s breaking his back signing Crespo ?!?!

I don´t get it and I won´t get it ever.

Parma are ripping us off in a big way and the worst part is - we are letting ourselves be ripped off.

But then there is a flip side to the story: Salas was bought for 16$ and Conceciao was bought for 11$ and we took Almeyda for 6.5$ - so in " real " money we are paying around 30$ ( Almeyda + Salas + 10$ ) for Crespo ( thing is he was bought for 8$ ) !!

We might get 25$ + Simic and that´s a fair deal for Salas ( Simic is a very good defender ).

Dream scenario Mihajlovic + $ - > West Ham
Rio Ferdinand - > Lazio
Palermo - > Lazio
Chivo ( Ajax ) - > Lazio

This would give us a team with Salas, Palermo, Inzaghi and Lopez a striking team that no other Serie A club can match.

Chivo is a coming superstar defender and I can´t see us missing yet another young prospect !!!

Transfermarket so far is a mess and I hope that Cragnotti will sort things out ASAP !!

S

·
0 Posts
Yeah, the transfer market is a mess and I'm sick of hearing all of these rumours especially when you hear that your favourite players might be leaving:( I think it would be a big mistake to sell Conceicao and we are hearing that there is a possibility of that happening. He proved what a wonderful player he is at Euro 2000 if he hadn't proved it already. What happened to keeping the team together with maybe a few minor adjustments? There has been so much speculation about the future of players which makes them feel insecure more than anyone which is very unfair. They should all know exactly where they stand instead of hearing that they may be off loaded somewhere else for a mad amount of money. There are few players who have remained 100 per cent certain to be in next years line-up which I think is terrible.

All we are hearing about is all of these superstars who have attracted Lazio's interest. We must be in with a chance of buying every unsettled star player at the moment and it's getting pretty sickening. We've bought enough, all we need is Crespo without sacrificing anymore of our fantastic line-up who have done us so proud over the past year. They are the ones who have put so much effort into the team and look what they have won. They have given all Lazio fans so many happy moments and they deserve more than to be shoved aside when some glittering prospect comes along.

Will we ever be happy with what we have got?:confused: :(

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Anyone remembering Crag telling officially the team will stay together and only some improvements will be made...Well,...

J

·
0 Posts
-----------------------Peruzzi
---------Negro Nesta Miha Simic

----Torricelli Veron Simeone Nedved

----------------Crespo Lopez

This team looks me better than the one of the last season, that, remember, won the league. I think that Torricelli will surely come if Conceicao leaves but if he won't come Cragnotti will buy a good player, I don't think that Lombardo will be in the starting 11. We have also bought some good subs, Colonnese and Pesaresi. The only thing that I don't like is that Cragnotti doesn't care of buying a good central defender: I don't trust in Miha & Couto, Chivu would be a good choice. But I repeat, this team looks me stronger than the one of the last year.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Jena25, where is Pancaro??
I'd rather go:
Goalkeeper: Peruzzi, first choice, it seems that Carini will go on loan for one year and Marchegiani will sit on the bench.

Defender: Negro - Nesta - Couto/Mihajlovic - Pancaro
I'm not sure about Couto and Mihajlovic, but Eriksson is the one who knows better about the player :)
Pesaresi, Favalli, Gottardi, Colonesse and Toricelli (I hope lot more for him) :( will sit on the bench

Midfielder: xxxx - Baronio/Simeone - Veron - Nedved
Will Conceicao play for Lazio next season?? If it's not, we might get Zenden as a replacement and switch Nedved to the right wing. Baronio or Simeone, it depends on the situation. Veron is the man :)
Subs: Pinzi, Stankovic :( ,Sensini, De la pena

Attacker: xxxx - Lopez
Is it going to be Crespo?? or maybe Salas :) It doesn't matter who will fill that xxxx, coz Lopez will serve them well :)
Lazio have been targetting Crespo for weeks and are
reportedly ready to give Parma Sergio Conceicao or Simone Inzaghi plus a cash payment in exchange for the striker.
so probably, they'll play Lopez on the left, Nedved on the right and buy a new striker (Palermo??)
Subs: Ravanelli, Inzaghi??

___________________ Peruzzi __________________

Negro/Toricelli - Nesta - Miha/Couto - Pancaro

xxxxxxx - Baronio/Simeone - Veron - Nedved/Lopez

______________ xxxxxx ___ Lopez _____________

[Edited by Pierre on 10-07-2000 at 06:45]

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah I get that Vierdi, it was just in the moment of reading the news that i just had to say everything wrong about the deal!! And now that Mattias explained to me why Lopez was so cheap I understand :)

To people who are mentioning what Crag said about keeping the team together: This was probably just to maybe raise the price of his shares and to raise the value of the players since they were "not 4 sale" :rolleyes:

I agree with Svennis!! And nice try at being optimistic with the price at which we bought our players for :)
That attack would be great but i still think Roma could match it!!

I still don't mid getting Crespo but only if the deal involves Almeyda, Salas (going to Parma as swap, going to juve or Inter for money) + money!! Even though he's too expensive :( Our attack would then be the best :)

But I don't want any other Lazio players to leave!!

Myabe now we are thinking of getting too many good defenders now though!! Chivo, Ferdinand, Simic, Toriceli!! + already buying Colonesse!!
FORZALAZIO!

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
svennis, and EL MATADOR

About Chivu:

I'd love to have Christian Chivu in Lazio as well, but it was already confirmed that Ajax are keeping him for at least one more season. Several clubs already asked to buy him and that was Ajax's answer (but of course in this crazy world of football nothing is 100% certain!).

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
If we wanna sell Conceicao then we must get Figo.
zenden to replace Conceicao:confused:
they should've remembered that too many players out and in are not good for a team.it'll surely take time for the players to get adapted with the new team.

PS:BETTER KEEP THE WINNING TEAM

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah im happy with how the team is :)
Zenden is a left winger and so is Nedveed and we don't want them switching flanks!! Also we have Stankovic if Conceicao leaves so i'd prefer Zenden on the bench!!
But now that Salas will be sold we will need 2 high class strikers!! Palermo and Crespo seem likely!!

Other thing is why didnt we buy Barthez?? He was way cheaper than Peruzzi which I don't understand!! Peruzzi was a rip off but i guess thats Crag 2000 :rolleyes:

So for now we should offer $37mil + Almeyda for Crespo and $15-18mil for Palermo!!

FORZALAZIO!

J

·
0 Posts
I didn't put Pancaro in the starting 11 because if will come Simic I would prefer him, because seems me to have more defensive skills. But seems that will come Jugovic, from Inter: why? I think that we don't need him because we have on the bench Baronio, Stankovic and Sensini. If we will buy Zenden as replacement of Conceicao Nedved will play on the right. I think that the best solution for Lazio would be to play 3-5-2 but Svennis has ever played 4-4-2. So the starting 11 will be something like this:
--------------Peruzzi
----Negro Nesta Miha Pancaro (Simic)
--Nedved Veron Simeone Zenden
----------Lopez
---------------------Crespo
Looks me great also if it's very sad to see going away players that have given to Lazio very much.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts