Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Thought Criminal
14,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since euro he has not been himself. whats going on with him? is it adjustment? injury? whats up with the croatian cruyff

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm not sure, it's been annoying though as we need him to be at his best seeing as kranjcar is out. In the Ukraine game he was fairly average but in the last 10-15 minutes he picked up his game. But I don't know why reporters rip on him for hogging the ball when he plays for Tottenham, he makes dribbles and passes off when he needs to, then no Spurs players pass to him.

·
Thought Criminal
14,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i hope people realise what Kranky does for the nT now.there is no one better for holdiing the ball and keeping the ball moving then him in our team. He of course has things to improve, but he is starting 11 material without doubt. Raketa showed eff all

since euro its seems the whole team hasnt been themselves. only corluka petric and maybe olic have been ok with club.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
I don't see the reason for this thread, he hasn't been at his peak lately but last night he was close to it and he had a very good game, did everything expected, held the ball well, dribbled, made some excellent passes, created him self goal opportunites, defended aswell as attacked won the ball and rarely lost it. The motor of the team. I actually prefer him in this position playing closer to goals.
Perhaps people just expect miracles from him.

·
Registered
465 Posts
he has no power behind a long range shot, but that's always been the case.

my guess is that he's probably just feeling the pressure some in london.

·
Registered
9,105 Posts
he is a tad bit overrated, but he wasn't that bad. He needs to work on his long range shots
or maybe luka got his big payday like all these other athletes and now think they dont have to work as hard anymore..i sure hope thats not the case but i dont see that same motor ever since the euros..when i watch modric how he played against turkey and watch him now its not close to the form he was in then..

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
To be honest Luka wasn't bad last night, he had a couple of good chances but definitely needs to work on his outside shot though and put some muscle on those legs. I do believe from what I read that he has been having knee problems which could be the cause of his poorer form.

·
Banned
22,345 Posts
I thought he looked good in the second half...controlled the ball, had the Ukranians on their back foot worried about what he would do...he did have a couple of feeble shots though...one right at the top of the box...anyone else at least places it or drives one at goal...his shot meekly rolled to the goalie...

PS I forgot, who had the one header that just missed the post? Olic? The goalie didn't even move for it...that and the hit crossbar shows you just how close we were to the 3 points...:doh: If Eduardo played, he would have buried at least one...

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I thought Luka had a pretty good game. Nothing amazing, but I don't understand some of the criticism he's been getting.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I thought he looked good in the second half...controlled the ball, had the Ukranians on their back foot worried about what he would do...he did have a couple of feeble shots though...one right at the top of the box...anyone else at least places it or drives one at goal...his shot meekly rolled to the goalie...

PS I forgot, who had the one header that just missed the post? Olic? The goalie didn't even move for it...that and the hit crossbar shows you just how close we were to the 3 points...:doh: If Eduardo played, he would have buried at least one...
:rollani:

·
Registered
465 Posts
I thought he was fine. They played bunker and it was on Modric and Olic alone to try and crack their defense because we weren't exactly pouring forward either. Rather, we were just holding on to the ball that Ukraine wanted nothing to do with.

That's a tall task. He had some okay moments on the ball and came close to scoring when he turned Srna's cross into the bottom left corner.

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
I missed the 2nd half last night, obviously he played better then.

I just think he has a lot on his mind atm, Tottenham's league postion, how he's not made much of an impact yet, transfer romours, new language/culture... he's feeling the pressure from the club, fans and media.

You could see on the press conferences he was relieved to be back in Zagreb with the NT.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
dudes, in football , all the players sometimes have downs in their games... its normal... sometimes Zidane played like shit or even Ronaldinho... maybe Modric has not play very well becouse some reason that can be anything.. the important thing is him to concentrate and keep his good form. The shit that pissed my off is everytime one of our guys starts playing bad the media and the fans starts to talk bullshit.. then when they pick up their form suddendly is all like: "well ill take it back, maybe he had problems with the coach ,etc etc,"... thats bullshit... same with Kranjcar... he is one of our best players and im sure his absence has been notice..

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Huh? He was our best player last night. He just needs to improve his shooting especially if he wants to be a star in the EPL. I believe it's a written requirement.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
I don't see the reason for this thread, he hasn't been at his peak lately but last night he was close to it and he had a very good game, did everything expected, held the ball well, dribbled, made some excellent passes, created him self goal opportunites, defended aswell as attacked won the ball and rarely lost it. The motor of the team. I actually prefer him in this position playing closer to goals.
Perhaps people just expect miracles from him.
Bingo! :thumbsup:

Should have did much better on his go on goal though, but this criticism is getting a little crazy.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
I think the thing with Modric is we're used to seeing him play near flawless football for us. These last two games he's been turning the ball over more then we are used to seeing him do. As I watched the first half over again, he's lost the ball about 5 times, 3 in bad places in the midlle of the field... That being said, even with his fall in form he is a very good player ( one of our best in the game) and was still able to create something out of nothing, 2 or 3 dangerous chances...

Once he hits full form there will be nothing stopping us...

·
Registered
69,372 Posts
another thing is you can't expect him to dominate the EPL like he did the HNL :D Also the referee's in the EPL won't be so protective of him compared to the HNL ;)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts