Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think davids is the next rivaldo. He is totally being wasted at inter. A better defensive midfielder than him, i have not seen . People may say that cambiasso and zanetti are equally good, but unfortunately thats because davids just hasnt had enough games to show his quality .

even in the case of van der meyde, he just hasnt found a regular place in the starting line up , for no apparent reason! and just for the sake of playing veron he is being played in a wide right position ... which neither suit him nor does allow vdm a place in the line up.

i thought recoba had gotten into mancinis good books after 2 or 3 stunning performances but that doesnt seem to be the case. again i agree that we have martins and adriano (who are the regular starters)but recoba cannot be sidelined like he is! there HAS to be a fair rotation policy.

seeing the above players..the cases for emre and karagounis are relatively weak .. if a player like davids cannot find a place in the line up..then i dont think us fans can hope for a place for karagounis.
it all boils down to this : there has to be a fair rotation policy .. giving every player equal chances.. else why were they bloody bought in the first place ????

finally i just hope vieri becomes a regular starter for us again becuase it is tremendously SICKENING to see him warm the bench.

p.s. the only department where inter dont seem to have competition worries is the defence.. or do they ? (mihajlovic)

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Mancini just doesnt have a home for davids or emre in this formation. when you have davids, emre, stankovic, veron, cambiasso, zanetti...it does make it hard to fit them all in centre midfield.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Well people fail to realize we could play the 3-6-1 with Stankovic---Davids---Emre--Cambiasso---Zanetti----Zanetti

LOL

no need for a left back....adriano vieri problem would be solved cuz only one would play at a time

and our defense would play cordoba, miha, and matrix all together

actually that might be suicide

but anything is good with no place for recoba in the side :D

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
i read that davids is unsatisfied and want to leave in summer.
we need to keep emre and karagounis,season is long,they could play in cup game,or champione league.but cambiasso and zanetti is in better form right now.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Karagounis=Goner

He is going to Benfica for Luisao. Its a done deal.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Davids hasn't settled at Inter and I doubt he ever really will.somehow i see that his main objection was to come for the money I don't know why but i do.He looks like he'll be moving in the summer.Especially that game vs parma he looked totally lost.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
There is nothing very wrong with Davids-vdm-Recoba-Emre-Karagounis.

When they are regularly playing... you question would be

'Whats wrong with Martins, Adriano, Vieri, Cambiasso, CZ, Veron, Stankovic.'

We do have an oversized squad... someone got to go... and I dont prefer Emre (in your list) to go.. other than that.. its fine. In the 433.. these guys got to fight for only 3 mid spots... can you leave Cambiasso out... no way. So it remains only 2 spots for so many..

Chelsea need a good right winger.. think VDM can be negotiated with them... for someone like Gallas as a Utility Defender.. and he is pretty good.

·
Registered
626 Posts
You said it ..chelsea need a good winger ..do u label VDM as a good winger ..be real ..for the money chelsea can afford they rather pay 25 mils for joaquin instead having VDM just 2 warm their bench.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Schumy said:
Davids hasn't settled at Inter and I doubt he ever really will.....Especially that game vs parma he looked totally lost.
well obviously a player cant settle into a new team without having enough games under his belt... no matter how great a player he may be... again .. there HAS to be a fair rotation amongst players...who knows .. if only davids had played as much as zanetti or cambiasso he wouldve been in equal if not better form .. who knows!

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
The answer is simple..... :nerd:

Inter is their problem... :yuck:

God bless the career ending club of all clubs Inter Milan... :angel:

Priceless how many players have gone through Inter and not made it through the tunnel :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
GaGa said:

Priceless how many players have gone through Inter and not made it through the tunnel :thumbsup:
We all know who is to blame MM.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Maybe...

But Inter needs Moratti as much as Moratti needs Inter. He's never been a patient man...and has always looked to fast-track the club rather then build the club. Maybe if he had done the latter things would be different but we can only make assumptions...and educated guesses.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
GaGa said:

Yes, it would had been true had you said it in the past, but you can't really blame the management that much, this season.

V.Meyde has got so many chances but he's been very inconsistent.

Emre has been unlucky though, coz Mancini is using 2DM's at the moment. Personally, I would love Cambiasso -- Emre duo in the midfield.

Recoba - ??
On this one, it's a big debate.

Karagounis - It did seem that Inter were ready to loan him to other clubs but he insisted to remain in Inter.

Have you been following Inter this season or you just love to go against Inter all the time. After all, it's a team you hate the most. :thumbsup:

Best of luck with your Parma though. :shades:

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
pravesh said:
Have you been following Inter this season or you just love to go against Inter all the time. After all, it's a team you hate the most. :thumbsup:
How can that word even be associated with Inter? :googly:

Naaa Juve hold top spot in that catagory and have done since I can remember... :mad:

·
Registered
46,516 Posts
rishabh16 said:
even in the case of van der meyde, he just hasnt found a regular place in the starting line up , for no apparent reason! and just for the sake of playing veron he is being played in a wide right position ... which neither suit him nor does allow vdm a place in the line up.
VDM has been given several chances and has played badly almost every time. It's not about being inconsistent. He's been consistently mediocre. His problem is similar to that of Conceiçao even if he looked a much better player than Sergio upon his arrival. He cannot beat his man consistently - the opponent usually sticks right with him. Even worse, the opponent usually drives him toward the corner flag where VDM must cross awkwardly under pressure. His crossing is good but he just can't get into the right positions. He should leave, IMO.

Karagounis is just unfortunate because of the huge supply of midfielders we already have.

As for Emre, he's been caught up in the midfield crowd too, mainly because of injury problems that have seen him move further down that ladder. He believes, and with good reason, that he can get a starting place.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
GaGa said:
How can that word even be associated with Inter? :googly:

Naaa Juve hold top spot in that catagory and have done since I can remember... :mad:
oopss ... Inter comes after Juventus in Italy..... :thmbup:

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
In my view...

Davids: I agree with rishabh16, Davids just didn't have many chances. For me he would make a fantastic central midfield with Veron in a 4-4-2, but they didn't have much time to play together and were blamed by goals conceeded that they weren't responsable. Lazio played 4-4-2 with Veron and Simeone in their scudetto year and they were awesome, so I can't see why Veron and Davids wouldn't work, even if Seba is a bit older now. Then Cambiasso started to play, and did a good job, even if he's a bit overrated. Now Cristiano Zanetti became some kind of obession, and even if he doesn't play well they think he's the reason Inter is not conceeding as many goals as they did early in the season. So Davids has no room anymore. Mancio worried about helping Vieri, even if his partnership with Adriano was unlikely to work, he worried about helping his friends Miha and Favalli, but for Davids is different. I think they might have some personal issues.

Van der Meyde: He's a player I used to defend because of his good time at Ajax and also with Cuper when he came to Inter. Then he got sacrificed by Zaccheroni, lost his physical form and now I only think he'll get back to his good form if he's given sequence. But the problem is, he has been playing like shit lately. His horrible performance against Reggina was the final blow. Mancio would have to do what he did with Vieri, give sequence to a player who is playing like crap to see the results later, but for this time would be needed. And time is not what Inter has now, unless they lost some more points and Juvi goes like 15 ahead with 10 rounds left.

And even in good form, Van der Meyde is not a player you can trust to run the midfield in a big club. He's like a Camoranesi, good player, can be useful, but without a star to take the big responsability in the midfield, like Camo has Nedved, he won't make the difference. He is just good, useful, but not someone who will take a midfield to a new level by himself.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Roberto Gallo said:
In my view...

Davids: I agree with rishabh16, Davids just didn't have many chances. For me he would make a fantastic central midfield with Veron in a 4-4-2, but they didn't have much time to play together and were blamed by goals conceeded that they weren't responsable. Lazio played 4-4-2 with Veron and Simeone in their scudetto year and they were awesome, so I can't see why Veron and Davids wouldn't work, even if Seba is a bit older now. Then Cambiasso started to play, and did a good job, even if he's a bit overrated. Now Cristiano Zanetti became some kind of obession, and even if he doesn't play well they think he's the reason Inter is not conceeding as many goals as they did early in the season. So Davids has no room anymore. Mancio worried about helping Vieri, even if his partnership with Adriano was unlikely to work, he worried about helping his friends Miha and Favalli, but for Davids is different. I think they might have some personal issues.

i cannot agrre with you more ..that is exactly my point... sometimes it seems to me that mancini only wants to bring all his lazio players into inter.. i hear of giannichedda coming too .. just imagine where that would leave davids vdm emre and kara in the pecking order...
mancio to me fields only players from his ex lazio squad.. they do play well .. but there are other fantastic players waiting on the sidelines...
which CANNOT be ignored....
hope it doesnt become the reason because of which inter lose davids emre and kara ..who go and shine at some other club .. just like pirlo seedorf carlos did...and now cannavaro too ..
another name comes t mind.. denis bergkamp ..

the challenge for a coach with a new team is to win WITH the NEW team he is in .. not making the new team like his previous one

·
U get what U give
8,784 Posts
In some other forum Ive wrote about this problem that will face Inter in this season, I named it :" what will you do with this army??" and ive mentioned most of the points discussed here. cool rishabh16 ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts