Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what is wrong with Juventus... don't they remember Darko Kovacevic, top goalscorer in the Uefa cup with 10, and 4 goals in the Italien Cup, and 6 in the league, getting at maximum 20 starts, scoring 20 goals. I don't think he is even in their plans. Can somebody tell me what is up? I ain't the biggest Juve fan but I respect them (not including Inzaghi and Del Piero) but Kovacevic is my fellow countrymen and I want to know what's up!

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
I agree, i think Kovacevic or Trezegeut should be upfront with DP. How Inzaghi gets a game before him puzzled me, it probably cost us the scudetto as well.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Get a grip Legend; Kovacevic started against Slovenia where everyone played horribly- got an injury- was substituted- and Milosevic made the most of his chance. Mijatovic is insuparable with Yugo, and Kova didn't play more than 100 minutes in total. How can you say he stunk ?

NOONE has a predefinate right to speak about REAL juventus fans. We must assume that all people present here as juventini's are devoted to the team. Why must your opinion on our strikers be better than that of others ?

Ciao.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Glen well said man. and thelegend what crawled up your butt and died? Now all you guys play nice now.

You really can't compare Kovacevic to Pippo because they are 2 different types of stikers. Pippo is a poacher (an art alot of Juve fans don't appreciate) and kovacevic is a second striker meaning he runs with the ball more often.

He is a quality striker and should not be disregarded, i am sure that if he was given more playing time last season he would have had a bigger impact.

Think smart, think success, think Juventus.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
The same thing that crawled up yours malcom.

Kovacevic is overrated by you guys, I have seen him play with Shef.Wed Sociedad and juve, and he can perform well sometimes, but he is not even close to beeing a top class striker.

and like I understand it , it's ok to say sh!t about Inzaghi, ( he hasn't done a sh!t for you guys has he ?? ), but if someone puts down your beloved Kovacevic, you all start cryin.

Without Inzaghi you wouldn't have won in 97/98.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Kovacevic for Juve :

44 matches 20 goals
24 matches as a sub but 11 of the goals are scored in european competitions , ( how many did he score in the Inter toto?? )

Inzaghi for Juve :

131 matches 73 goals

11 matches as a sub

Ok so people doesn't like Inzaghis style of play but isn't a strikers main goal to score GOALS ??

We all can say what we want to , Ancelotti hates Inzaghi and he would probably prefer a junior team member over him if he didn't have to answer to anyone.

Kovacevic and Trezeguet will play , but will they score more then Inzaghi have done ?? Only time will show, until then Inzaghi have showed more then Kovaceic has done, he has achieved more and therefor he is better, simple as that.

·
Normal Human
433 Posts
Legend?
what's with you?
I could have sworn i saw you dis Inzaghi already.
Anyway Inzaghi is better than Kovacevic it's a fact.
He is a goal scoring machine.

It makes me sick to see all the Inzaghi bashing on this forum. My goodness. what does the guy have to do to win over you people. sometimes i wish he would move away to score tonnes of goals and make you bandwagon jumping buffoons sorry. But then after some of the comments i have read i doubt many are intelligent enuff to even know what they've lost.

Inzaghi is fantastic i see it all the time. He is very intelligent on the field.
Ancelotti did cause Juve to lose the scudetto but not because he played Inzaghi but because he did not use Inzaghi's attributes.
too much midfield play and not enuff direct play

Natural Born KILLA

·
Registered
517 Posts
I am still looking back to that game against Inter on San Siro earlier this year.

Personaly, I think that was the match of the season. Inzaghi and Kova on top, Del Piero in Zidanes position. Thats the way it should be. What Kova does`nt have in his feet, Inzaghi has. What Inzaghi can`t do in the air, Kova can. Bout of them should stay on top, the question is who to put behind them: Del Piero, Zidane, O`neill, Esnaider. We have lot`s of options up in fron as well, Trezeguet is a hitman. Fonseca is fit again and we also have some hungry youngsters in the back.

It`s a long season, and everybody should get a chance.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Watcher; I'm not a part of the Pippo bashing crew, but how can you say Ancelotti's tachtics had anything with Pippo WASTING loads of great opportunities- not only in the last games of the season when it was sadly very important for him to score- but throughout ?
MAYBE another tachtic would've suited Juve better. Just like it woud suit Kova to have more crosses coming his way. Inzaghi is a player for direct football, but he's MAIN quality (as he testifies himself) is that he's constantly aware of passes behind enemy defence. Zizou, Del Piero and Davids is looking for him constantly and he's caught off-side or lacking the pace to exploit these possibilities on numeorus occasions.
Pippo is a quality striker for sure and I like to have him here, but no-one can be blaimed more than him and Del Piero for our "loss" last season as they couldn't score enough goals.
Del Piero had more asssist than anyone else last seaosn, but he MUST also score next season. Pippo was our top goalscorer indeed, but his strike rate was unimpressive.

The Legend; Pippo scored 26 goals last season- 15 in serie A, 11 in different cups (Intertoto, Coppa Italia and Europe) and Kova scored more goals than him comparing the minutes played. I like both of them, but last year didn't give any clear indications who's the better player.
Ancelotti hates Inzaghi ? Then why on earth wasn't Kova given more space last season ? Why did Ancelotti predict Pippo as topscorer or EURO 2000, why did he insist on playing him when juventini all over Italy screamed for Kova ?
It doesn't make sense. And one more thing- If you EVER pull that gun thing again, even if that's your misguided idea of fun, I'll have you banned.
Speaking to others about their future in bodybags makes me go into a state of frenzy. Control yourself.

Ciao.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
"You got a problem?
I got a problem solver
And his name is revolver
It's like a deadly game of freeze tag
I touch you with a 44 mag
And your frozen inside a boddy bag"

Uh wow.. you really rule man..

I'd get him banned at once..

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Whats up with thelegend, he has an attitude problem. Seriously, we don't need crap like that revolver stuff. Keep it to yourself. Anmyways, Kovacevic has more qualities than Pippo. He has better dribbling skills, heading skills, better finisher from long ranges etc... But Pippo as many say is a great poacher and his goals per game record speak for themself. He also makes great runs. Someone mentioned the game against Inter when DP played behind Kova and Pippo. That did work well, i think thats DP's best position. Maybe this should be played like that for next season and we can drop ZZ deeper in the midfield.

·
Registered
689 Posts
didn't kova score 3 times in 3 starts in the league last season?
reggina:1
inter:2
bologna:none
and 10 times in 8 starts in the uefa cup?
that proves that he can shine if give more playing time

·
Normal Human
433 Posts
Glen ok ok.
but you should know that they need not have scored in the last games if they had taken care of business before.
if you think about we could have sewed up the championship early. 9 points? could have won and made it 12.
in those games we had the wrong attitude.
Give Legend a break.
he made a mistake.
He was provoked.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts