Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There used to be (and for me there still are) players that played in a team for several years, they gave it everything, they literally spilled their guts out for their team mates, they wore the jersey like it was their blood, their life, it was the only thing that mattered to them, obviuosly these players were considered LA BANDIERA of that certain team, in english it's little different, bandiera means flag, anyways I think you know what I mean!!!

I won't go back to the GIORGIONE times, because most of you were not Lazio fans at the time and probably not even born, i was young myself(GRAZIE BABBO), we'll start from the famous signing of BEPPE GOL.

This player brought to us thanks to Zeman whom had him in Foggia, Beppe played a total of 195 games for Lazio and scored an incredible 127 goals !!! This player gave it everything, but the most incredible thing about Beppe was his great love for Lazio and that jersey BIANCOCELESTE, this made him to become a bandiera for the fans, resulting in the famous protest when he was being sold.

Now they say there are no more bandiera's in football, well not for me, I agree that players must be sold, but if that player is crap or is of no further use to you or if the player asks to leave himself, but to sell a player who repeatedly says that he wants to stay, and who plays with all the love like Beppe did when he was with us(for me he still is with us), well I don't agree with this.

We have players like this in Lazio right now, which I will never agree to be sold, such as NESTA, NEDVED, AND CONCEICAO, even SALAS, seeing Salas party in the dressing room after the scudetto was amazing and it would break my heart seeing him leave! Nesta, well what can I say about Alessandro? He is a born Laziale, grew up with Lazio, and was in Curva Nord all the time, MAJOR PROTEST if he's EVER sold, Nedved? No words can describe this guy, he loves his JERSEY and we love him, no way, LAZIALE A VITA, and yes, MAJOR PROTEST for him too, and then SERGIETTO MIO, unreplaceable, like Pavel, MAJOR PROTEST for him too!!!

I really hope it's all bullsh!t about Nedved and Conceicao, if any of these two players are sold I will return right away from my vacation(if you don't believe me I'll get my wife to e-mail you) and join the rest and really create caos at formello and then straight in PIAZZA!!!
THESE guys are our bandiere(who said they don't exist anymore?) I'll be the judge of that myself, I hope this does not happen, or else we're looking at major trouble, LE BANDIERE NON SI TOCCANO SERGIOOOO, if you want Vieri, Crespo, Figo, or Rivaldo, well then take out the cash but GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY PAVEL AND SERGIO PAULO MARCENERO DA CONCEICAO, got it!!!

P.S. I usually agree with Cragnotti, but don't even mention these names in any deal, I'd rather have no Vieri or Crespo, as long as these two JEWELS remain with us!!!
Afterall they're CAMPIONI D'ITALIA, the other two ARE NOT!!!

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
I hope Conceicao DIES instantly so we parma won't have the humiliation of not buying him anyway!

Figo and vieri/crespo will be great for you(not rivaldo)

Cecco you are really crazy too come back from vacation for
some minor transfer:(

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
Cecco...You Da Man!!

Every word...TRUE!!

if you want Vieri, Crespo, Figo, or Rivaldo, well then take out the cash but GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY PAVEL AND SERGIO PAULO MARCENERO DA CONCEICAO, got it!!!

Willem Sterk, please....go back to the Parma forum, and dont mix in on this topic, cause every word....

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Cecco,

What you said is really true. I thought it was perhaps too idealistic of me to prefer players who love their club and are totally loyal to the club, because everything else nowadays seem to keep telling me to get 'reality check', players today seem more concerned with $$. Even when I see a non-Lazio player who's loyal to his club, I do respect him a lot for that! I do love the La Bandiera we have at Lazio...

I can still remember they day the fans staged the protest against Cragg selling Beppe. Before the protest, Beppe seemed to be certain to leave Lazio, and I was really devastated. But it amazed me the power that the protests had; they manage to block the transfer! :cool:

So, I'm counting on you to be among those who'll stage another protest when Cragg's about to sell any of our 100% Laziale - Nesta, Nedved, Conceicao, Salas :( , you name it. Perhaps it'll again make a difference! Yeah, fly back to Rome to join the protesting fans! :p (Too bad I can't do that, it's just too far, far, away :mad:

Players who love the club so much and are sooo loyal have plus points with me - remember the players who, during the intense scudetto race this season, when everybody else seemed to have written us off (even Cragg had lost hope) - some players came out with statements to keep up the spirit of the team. These players promised that they would fight 'till the end and give their 100%. These players don't simply leave when they don't get an increase in their salaries. And these players really deserve something from the club as well, i.e. the support for their loyalty! To me, it would really be a sad day if these true-blue Laziale get sold :( Sure, players come and go but there are some players who'll you feel more sad to see them leave, and there are other players whose departure you grieve for a while and then get it over with. That's why I would screeeammm :eek: if Veron leaves, but it wouldn't be the end of the world for me...The same can't be said about Nesta, Nedved, Conceicao, Salas...I'd rather have them stay than having superstars come to Lazio!

-- Nedved! in mourning :( -- well, not so anymore after Conceicao's hat-trick ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts