Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wanting to ask this question for a long long time.

I have seen the Madrid crowd boo Ronaldo, I have seen them whistle Roberto Carlos, catcalling Robinho & even booing the great Zidane.

But what I have never seen them doing is to boo Beckham who has been a major problem in our squad since the day he set his foot on Madrid's soil.

Why is that? Any spaniards or madridistas can explain that?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Zidaneism said:
I have been wanting to ask this question for a long long time.

I have seen the Madrid crowd boo Ronaldo, I have seen them whistle Roberto Carlos, catcalling Robinho & even booing the great Zidane.

But what I have never seen them doing is to boo Beckham who has been a major problem in our squad since the day he set his foot on Madrid's soil.

Why is that? Any spaniards or madridistas can explain that?

He works very hard on the pitch, fights his way for everything. The Bernabeu crowd loves players who will give blood and sweat for the club.
Zidane a few months back said that he wanted to play a madrid game so he could get ready for a France international game. Madrid is not a place where u play to get ready for anything.

If u ever look at the history of Madrid the most loved players where the ones who gave their soul, not just the most skilled.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Probably because he is atleast working hard (that doesn't change the fact that he sucks though).

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
org said:
He works very hard on the pitch, fights his way for everything. The Bernabeu crowd loves players who will give blood and sweat for the club.

Zidane a few months back said that he wanted to play a madrid game so he could get ready for a France international game. Madrid is not a place where u play to get ready for anything.

If u ever look at the history of Madrid the most loved players where the ones who gave their soul, not just the most skilled.
Works hard? How does him working hard win us matches?? :googly:

Fights for everything? He does'nt even has to fight for his place in the team, leave alone anything else.

And btw, Zidane never said that. He just said that he hoped to have a good season with Madrid so that he would be in good condition for the World Cup. :hopefull:

·
Registered
782 Posts
Zidaneism said:

Fights for everything? He does'nt even has to fight for his place in the team, leave alone anything else.

And btw, Zidane never said that. He just said that he hoped to have a good season with Madrid so that he would be in good condition for the World Cup. :hopefull:

i remembered what he said, that was when he just got back from getting hurt in the france game....

The Bernabeu crowd is very very demanding, to them is a sin if u have skill and don't play hard. Either u give 100% everytime or u will get ripped up. U have to realize most of the socios have been there for many many years and have seen some of the best players ever, they know what type of player they want, hard working that gives 100% nothing less will do.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
org said:
i remembered what he said, that was when he just got back from getting hurt in the france game....

The Bernabeu crowd is very very demanding, to them is a sin if u have skill and don't play hard. Either u give 100% everytime or u will get ripped up. U have to realize most of the socios have been there for many many years and have seen some of the best players ever, they know what type of player they want, hard working that gives 100% nothing less will do.
Beckham & skill, in one breath is blasphemy.

I don't know how Bernabeu crowd can like Beckham. I know he works hard, hats off to him for that, but what the hell, you put me in the Madrid team & I'll work my ass off. So does that make me good enough for Real Madrid?

·
Registered
69,728 Posts
Beckham runs and works. He´s very good with his crosses and the people at Bernabeu like that. He´s not really a "galactic" or a superstar, he´s just a good player and I think that madridistas prefer to see him on that way. If not, Becks would be booed almost in every game.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
What i seriously fail to understand is why do the crowd give him a standing ovation when he's subbed even if he was one the worst players on the pitch if not the worst?

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
GICA said:
It´s the femenin sector of the crowd.:D
It would then seem that RM has a lot of femenin (not necessarily female) fans....:neutral:

At least Becks looks moderately upset when RM looses. Ronaldo looks like he doesnt care.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Carles said:
What i seriously fail to understand is why do the crowd give him a standing ovation when he's subbed even if he was one the worst players on the pitch if not the worst?
I guess they like the fact he puts in 150% every match.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
L-Pheno said:
I guess they like the fact he puts in 150% every match.
Beckham's 150% = Joaquin's 50%

:lala:

·
Go for 400, Raúl!
2,008 Posts
Zidaneism said:

I suggest you manage to attend a match live at the Bernabéu, if you haven't yet, and focus your attention on him. The professionalism of Beckham is beyond question. He's not the marvel that first Manchester United and then Florentino Pérez have always sold, but he's a very valuable, most honest player. In the few good moments of Madrid this season, he's been the best player on the pitch.
He's not a leader, and can't carry the weight of the team over his shoulders, but his contribution from the right side has been vastly positive. Even when he played as CM, completely out of position, his effort was visible.

As a result, the people can be more or less divided on whether Beckham should or should not stay at Madrid. But you will hardly hear personal attacks. They would be absolutely unfair.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Gwydno said:
But you will hardly hear personal attacks. They would be absolutely unfair.
His skin color helps, too.

·
Go for 400, Raúl!
2,008 Posts
FigoIsGod said:
His skin color helps, too.
As far as I can see, it is more or less the same skin color than Samuel, Campo, Guti... and quite different from Robinho's or Cicinho's.

Quite a childish and/or racist post from your side

1 - 20 of 155 Posts