Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just came across this on a channel4 article:

To make matters worse, Parma must also prepare for Thursday’s UEFA Cup semi-final with CSKA Moscow amid controversy, as the Russian Federation agreed to freeze this weekend’s League games so that they could rest.

Gedeone:“It hardly seems fair and I think UEFA should intervene. Having said that, considering the players we’ve been using in this competition so far, perhaps we should ask for the Youth Team Championship to be frozen instead.”

What do you make of this? :nono:

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Seems really unfair but its their problem, we cannot do anything against that.
We will beat these bastards anyway :D

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
We have a good chance besides our Uefa XI will have the same rest anyway because they don't play any other time :D

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Russians are cheats?

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
What I make of this?

That Gedeone has alot of humor! I remember seeing him in the match against Austria sitting on the ground with his back against the bench, smoking and looking generally dissatisfied with life. So funny. He's a real character.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
its not the whole 6th RPL round they froze.. only the game CSKA should've played.

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
AAB fan said:
its not the whole 6th RPL round they froze.. only the game CSKA should've played.
they can afford to do that- nobody loses anything if they dont play. in serie a if a game is delayed or cancelled major revenue loss

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think we WILL get dumped out this round sadly. I'd go for 3-1 CSKA in both games.

It's a shame, but I think they are a too stronger side for us.

·
Registered
47,036 Posts
Never say never. The true problem is that Parma's priority is of course keeping the serie A spot. Carmignani will probably adopt more than ever the turnover, now that there is a very high risk of relegation. And with Marchionni, Bettarini and Grella ruled out by injuries the situation is even more difficult.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Ahem what about Stuttgart :proud: :D :party:

CSKA don't hold even come close to matching them :D

Sooooooo FORZA PARMA!!!!

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
... suddenly I have the feeling that we won't go though this time. :scared: :(

·
Registered
866 Posts
not with B side NO! plus i dont understand this resting and calculation with best players. Season is ending within 4 weeks whats left here for calculations..come on!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Well our points in Serie A are CRUCIAL!!!!

But we can win this Cup!

There are no more faves we can win this it WILL be our 3rd Uefa Cup in the last 10 years :proud:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Shanie said:
... suddenly I have the feeling that we won't go though this time. :scared: :(
You may not write something like this... WE'LL BEAT MOSCOW AND WILL WIN THE CUP!! :fero:

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Gazella76 said:
not with B side NO! plus i dont understand this resting and calculation with best players. Season is ending within 4 weeks whats left here for calculations..come on!
Survival in Serie A is far far more important.

Pisti, I want to win the UEFA Cup as much as the next person, but there is no need to get your hopes foolishly worked up. CSKA are backed by Abramovich's billions. They got given their match last Saturday off so their players could rest. We will play with our reserves with one eye looking at the Livorno match on Sunday as we desperately try to cling on to Serie A survival.

The UEFA Cup is a luxury, this club is dead if we fall to Serie B, simple as that.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I see things otherwise... In such a moment, when a player's club has to fight for staying alive and also for winning a great significant international tournament he must have as extra powers which help him reach the impossible!! He must recognize that he is at the gate of a big historical success!... Remember our last UEFA Cup winner team from 1999! They became legend! And think about it what legend can our sons become if they win this trophy! If they recognize this, noone can stop them anyone plays, because they're PARMA! And I'm not working up foolishly my hopes, just am believing that they realize the matter.

I believe in Parma! I know they can avoid the relegation and win this tournament for us! Only cowards are afraid!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts