Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I'm asking about the solution for everything. The club is in a big crisis, the team is very near relegation and it's not the first time in the last decade and the club has no cash.

IMO, Amorrortu should continue, I think that he's a good coach and it's going to be difficult to find something better. Sometimes changing the coach is a solution, but it also can be a problem, since the player have to adapt to a new coach and a new way to do things.

The economical situation of the club is scary. They had to sell Xabi Alonso for a quite low price considering his potential and quality and I also heard that Nihat could be sold to get some cash. Some players didn't receive their salaries in the last few months and this kind of things are a problem for the team, because it creates insecurity. If Erreala sells Nihat, they can get some cash, but they would lose their best player.

As I don't know much what is really going on there, can anyone tell me which is YOUR solution?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Koeman4 said:
As I don't know much what is really going on there, can anyone tell me which is YOUR solution?
That´s a difficult one!!! I can´t remember a situation like this in Erreala, we´ve been here before in the table, we´ve been even worse, that´s not what worries me. It´s all the off the field stuff what is strange to us. We are historically recognized ( correct me if I´m wrong ) as one of the most serious teams in the League, we´ve been a role model for every other team ie. in the process to become Sociedad Anonima, there´s not big share holder, we´ve been always debt-free or almost debt-free. The current board was elected in 2001 and the problems started there. The situation in the field was more difficult than now, amd Erreala signed Kovacevic, Nihat and Westerveld, big players but too expensive for us. Now we know that Erreala asked for a credit to pay those transfers. In these 3 1/2 years Erreala´s yearly expenses have grown disproportionely and the current economical situation is critical, even with Xabi Alonso´s sell and Champions League money. It would be very long to explain all... last December the board planned to make an increase in capital but as always they tried to explain it partially and with half-trues... the share holders Assembly rejected it and the Board was almost dismissed. Elections have been called for June and we´ll see what happens. The problem is that the so-called opposition (Dr. Gallo and businessman Gibelalde, who lost last elections and are together now) don´t look competent to me ( just my impression ). We are expecting new propositions. The name in everybody´s mouth is Arkonada. That would be the best option IMO: a legend here, serious, competent, but he´s said nothing yet and we don´t know wether he will be in the race. Another name who could be in the race is Miguel Santos, FIFA Agent, he said he would be ready if he was asked. I used to dislike him but lately he looks a serious, successful man to me. I don´t know his post as players´agent (Kova, Arteta) would be compatible though.
So possible solutions? Finish the season as best as possible and wait for a competent board that gives our seriousness back.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts