Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know if anyone has asked this question before but anyone know the answer? also we can discuss whats your favorite derby...

Personally i like the Milan derby, Celtic-Rangers and the Boca-River derby.

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
According to Wikipedia the last competative Nottingham derby was played in 1994 although it says that they have only played each other 93 times in official league and cup matches, which is not much considering last weeks Colombian derby between Deportivo Cali and America de Cali has had over 250 meetings.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
Ambis said:
According to Wikipedia the last competative Nottingham derby was played in 1994 although it says that they have only played each other 93 times in official league and cup matches, which is not much considering last weeks Colombian derby between Deportivo Cali and America de Cali has had over 250 meetings.
Just be thankful that this isn't like American sports, where you have rivals such as the Red Sox vs Yankees playing each other like 10 times a season! :D

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ViscaBarcaInter said:
Just be thankful that this isn't like American sports, where you have rivals such as the Red Sox vs Yankees playing each other like 10 times a season! :D
Yeah they have done that in the NHL now where you must play your division teams 8 times a year :doh: they say it creates rivalries but i say by the time you play your 5th game with the same team you get sick and tired of them... a very stupid idea by who ever thought of it.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
millwall rule said:
I think its Sheffield United and Sheffield FC( a non-league team now)
No, Sheffield United were formed in the 1890s, Sheffield Wednesday in 1867, Sheffield FC in 1860. The First Notts derby was in 1866, a year before Wednesday were formed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
"The Sheffield Derby".

The "oldest football derby" in the world is between Sheffield f.c and Hallam f.c. Another club formed in Sheffield. Sheffield f.c were formed in 1857 making them the oldest football club in the world. Shortly after in 1860 Hallam f.c were formed, the 2nd oldest football club in the world, where they still play their football at the oldest football ground in the world at Sandygate Road in Crosspool, Sheffield. 1860 is the year in which these 2 clubs first met in a match still played today known as the "Sheffield Derby". Sheffield United vs Sheffield Wedsnesday is known as the "Steel City Derby" 1st contested in 1893.!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Up the Blades.!!

I never felt more like swingin a pig, from hyde park flats to wadsley bridge uni"iiiiiiiii"ted, u got me swingin a pig. As ya do, as ya do, as ya ****in well should do.!!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts