Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't think of a harder hit shot than John Arne Riise's screamer against Man Utd back in 00/01 season.

Just watching it now, it's insane, it travels about 30-35 yards in about 0.5 seconds. Imagine that coming towards you're face, you wouldn't get be getting up any time soon that's for sure.

I suppose Gerrard's missile against Portsmouth was in the same league.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Henry vs. both Manchester teams at Highbury last season. They were both cannons, the one against City still had curve on it though.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
I remember one shot from Roberto Carlos in the 99/00 season in the CL vs. Porto in the Bernabeau. He didn't score, but he almost broke Vitor Baia's hands!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Robarto Carlos' score vs Betis a couple of matches ago... I bet that if that shot had touched Joaquin's head, he would have been in coma right now!

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
khimik said:
Henry vs. both Manchester teams at Highbury last season. They were both cannons, the one against City still had curve on it though.
The one against Utd at Highbury was spectacular but it wasn't the hardest shot around. I'm talkin pure POWWA!

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Wembley said:
Robarto Carlos' score vs Betis a couple of matches ago... I bet that if that shot had touched Joaquin's head, he would have been in coma right now!
:D

So true!

It's easily that Carlos shot. Come on! The guy scored a free-kick from basically the penalty spot!

Thank God it didn't hit Joaquin on the head, his move to Madrid would definitly have "collapsed" :D

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wilyely_JP6 said:
A Beckham's shot, a Lampard's shot.
What' are you talking about? Beckham rarely hits the ball with much venom. He goes for that technique rubbish.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
El Fenómeno said:
:D

So true!

It's easily that Carlos shot. Come on! The guy scored a free-kick from basically the penalty spot!

Thank God it didn't hit Joaquin on the head, his move to Madrid would definitly have "collapsed" :D
Oh yeah, that was great. He just decided, "I'm going to hit this ball as hard as is humanly possible in that direction".

Good goal, 2/10 for technique, 10/10 for POWWA!

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
just to let yall know huth has a stronger shot than carlos, carlos's shot against betis was 144 km/hr and that broke the la liga hardest shot record not the world 1

also, when I was 15 my shot read at 57 km/hr :D and that was gained from playing a year of soccer ( since the 2002 world cup)

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
It must be Roberto Carlos scoring againts the France. I think it was before or after 98 WC. During a friendly.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
here's some:

Nedved vs Holland in euro2004 , the one fthat rang the woodwork.

Adriano's freekick vs Parma.

Luis garcia vs juve this year. :(

R.Carlos's freekick vs France.

Totti's freekick vs inter this year.

Figo's gr8 shot vs England in euro2000.

Rooney in the cup, fulham i think.

Gerrard vs Olimpiakos, the cracker that allowed them to qualify.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
another one that comes to mind is the seedorf shot when he played for real madrid..don't forget which team he scored it against tho

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
I remember Koeman being able to shoot the ball at an incredible speed. If i remember correctly he even had the world record for a while.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts