Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to know somee of your opinions on this one,Mine are Roberto Baggio in the 90 world cup against Czechoslovakia,David Beckham against Wimbledon from the half way line a few years back and George Weah against Verona about 5 or 6 years ago when he took the ball from the entire length of the field to score.;)

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Savicevic vs Barce
Ronaldos goal when he was in Barcelone( i cant remember vs who)
Jairzinhos goal i think in the 78 or 82 world cup

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Yes, and i forgot, Maradonas goal,

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Not in any particular order.

- Andriy Shevchenko vs. Juventus last season.
- Roberto Baggio vs. Czech Republic at Italia 90.
- George Weah vs. Verona some time ago.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Van Basten's half volley against.....can't remember against whom. :eek: . And all the goals already mentioned. :cool:

Ciao

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Van Bastens goal was against Russia if thats the one u mean Milano;) ,Also anyone recall Roberto Carlos' shot nearly on the line on the angle.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Thanx Mr. Meazza. :) That was the one I was reffering to.:cool:

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I like Zizou's goal in the CL final.

For Milan's goal, I like Contra's against Inter and of course Weah's goal a couple seasons back where he dribbled the ball all the way from our defense area, if I am not mistaken. :)

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Geez, there are so many. If you talk about goals from all time, then I always go with the Maradona goal against England. Not only is it an amazing play, but it also brings back a lot of memories for me.

If we talk about Milan goals, then I have to admit I haven't seen so many as to make a choice, but of what I have seen I like the Gullit volley against Steau in the 89 CL final, Weah's run against Verona and Sheva's goal against Juve last year.

I haven't seen enough of Van Basten's goals to pick one.

·
International
9,682 Posts
In no particular order:

- Van Basten vs. Den Bosch
- Van Basten vs. Russia
- Van Basten vs. IFK
- Savicevic vs. Barcelona
- Weah vs. Verona
- Shevchenko vs. Juve
- Maradona vs. England
- Hagi vs. Columbia
- Ortega vs. Inter [for Samp]
- Marius Niculae vs. Milan
- Adrian Ilie vs. Columbia

and a whole lot more.

·
Registered
43,410 Posts
van Basten's goal at the EUro 88 final ... N1 of all times. NO QUESTION ABOUT THAT!!!

Take a look:

http://www.meisje.de/oranjehis/anno/1988/88_udssr2.htm

The most joyful was Van basten's goal at the semi during Euro 88 against Germany ... just squeesed through this [email protected] named Jurgen K. in the last minute ... a Pay BAck for WC 74 ...

http://www.meisje.de/oranjehis/anno/1988/88_ger.htm

Another great one was Bergkamp against Athe Argies WC 98 ... and 89th minute again ..

And I love all Milan goals from the CL finals - Van Basten and Gullit, Rajkard, Massaro, Savicevich and Desially ...

http://www.uefa.com/Competitions/UCL/Multimedia/type=Video/index,page=2.htmx

ENJOY IT ...

·
Registered
43,410 Posts
Definetly: Van Basten's header against RealM ... the first semifinal ... away in Madrid 1-1. Gullit scored a perfectly legitimate goal ruled for an offside and then Jugo Sanches scored a crappy one from a corner at last minute of the first half. I think this is the greatest Milan game I have seen simply because this was the first one of the GREAT ear, the one that established the team for me ... and was so shocked to see that happening. I really did not expect it so much ... It was an unique total performance and MVB goal was just its crowning moment. The following 5-0 was just a proof for what I have seen. Incredible !!! :stuckup: :proud: :proud: :proud:

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Van Bastens Bicycletas against Den Bosch (I suppose it is that David means) in the top corner was something special. His bicycletas had that special style that reeked class. bUt as mentioned, that he put it in the top corner was the icing on the cake.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
- Van Basten vs. Den Bosch
- Van Basten vs. IFK
- Savicevic vs. Barcelona
- Weah vs. Verona
- Shevchenko vs. Juve
- Maradona vs. England
- Zizou's goal in the CL final
- Zizou's monster lob-shot against Real Zragossa in the UEFA Cup with Bordeaux in the 94-95 season.
- Negrete's goal in the 86 WC against Bulgaria!
- Al'Owarain's goal in the 94 WC against Belgium!
- Papin's goal against Belgium in 92 or 93.
- Baggio's goal against Napoli with Fiorentina in 89.
- Zizou's goal against Deportivo this winter at the Bernabeu!
- Bergkamp's goal against Argentina in the 98 WC!
- Giggs' goal against Arsenal in the 99 FA Cup 1/2 final!
- Naim's monster lob-shot against Arsenal in the 94 or 95 Cup Winners Cup in extratime!
- Eder's goal in the 82 WC against Russia!
- Socrates's goal in the 82 WC against Russia!
- Zico's bycicle kick against N. Zeland in the 82 W Cup!
- Socrates' goal against Italy in the 82 WC!
- Josimar's monster shot-goal against N. Ireland in the 86 WC!

...and a whole lot more.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Was that Van Basten scissor in that game when he scored that 4 goal haul,What about Brancos brilliant long range free kick that swerved against Liverpool in that great UEFA cup tie over some 10 years ago now.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts