Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tell me the difference,

why isn't this a penalty and a red card:

(starts at 0.09)
[tub]A44IkHrdJW4[/tub]

But this one referee gives penalty and a red card
(starts at 1.50)
[tub]Zm82rIk48Ng[/tub]

Funny part is that Galatasaray - Atletico game was last week and it was Europa league game which includes 6(!) referees.

The Atletico - Valencia game was last weekend, La Liga game which had 4 referees.

Galatasaray played Atletico Madrid in Europa League, first game ended 1-1 in Madrid, second game was 1-1 and this penalty situation occurs. Had we gotten a penalty and red card for the Atletico player we would probably won the game, but instead Galatasaray player Caner, player with number 88, gets furious and gets 2 quick yellow cards. Very stupid move, but he is young and got alot to learn. Anyway Galatasaray player Caner got the red card and Galatasaray was down to 10 men, this led to Atletico scoring in the last minute of the game and went through in Europa League.

ATLETICO on the other hand gets a penalty and marchena gets a red card which leads to them winning the game 4-1. Life is good, isn't it, Atletico Madrid? :mad:

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Blatant handball by Perea obviously, should've been a penalty but they never gave it which is very poor refereeing. Atléti-fans can't do much IMO, I'd rather lose with dignity than win like the team did against Galatasaray, shame some people in UEFA keep screwing over teams.

·
This is NOT Akhisar!
14,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
However, I'm not mad, at least we can focus on winning the league and going back to the Champions League for once.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
I understand that if you'd be pissed off, it's a horrible call by the referee's, especially the guy who's standing 2 m from the whole situation. Take a look at how UEFA work in general though, a guy like Gobbi got sent off for basically nothing against Bayern two weeks ago and he's supposed to serve a three match ban because he was given a straight red card while Bayern injured Montolivo without them getting a card, scored a horrible offside goal and could've easily have had another red card.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
more people complaining? we won and you lost deal with it

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Well first of all you have to understand the rules ...

The two "extra" refs were just there to say GOAL or NO GOAL ...

They were not even asked if it is a penaltys or not ...

Second of all ...
It is a clear handball but Erkin was pushing Perea before and also worked with his arm and I am sure the ref saw that and was taking it into his decision.

Third of all ...
The ref was not giving a clear penalty for Atlético before, too.
No excusion for his second fault but yeah, horrible referee ...

BUT you lost the game because of the red card of stupid Erkin and not because of the referee ...

About the Valencia game ... Honestly I can not understand WHY we got this penalty .... because it was clearly the 4th official who made the decision ... and he was able to have a big influence ... TV, Press, Spectators, Mobil, etc.

I am not sure if this is allowed, looks like but still very, very doubtful ... even IF it was a clear red card and a penalty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts