Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rijkaard says he isn't fit...he says he is...so what is the truth? Ive heard rumours that Rijkaard doesn't like him...I hope none of this rubbish id true...we need Marc.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hm, this rumor of a rift between Overmars and Rijkaard is news to me. Even if it is true, I think this is more of a case where the player wants to play before he's fit enough. I'd rather have Marc sit out the opener and have him healthy for the matchup against France than risk losing him for the entire tournament because of pride (ahem, Ronaldo). We all know that Zenden can more than adequately fill his spot on the left wing, so I think if he's not 100% he should at least sit out the match against the Czechs just to be safe.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Overmars and Rijkaard had some problems. About Overmars not being motivated to play friendlies for Oranje or something. But those problems are over. I think Sabugo is right about this. A 100% Zenden is a better option than a Overmars who isn't 100%.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
What? How come? It meant that Rijkaard might blank my fave Dutch player--Overmas' future! The reason why Overmas didn't play for that match is because he has slight injury right now, and he will be back in Euro2000. But true, Zenden can be the man.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rijkaard isn't worried about Overmars fitness ahead of the Czech Republic match, Rijkaard also isn't worried about left-back Numan's slight injury.
Overmars will probably start on the left-wing, and Numan possibly left-back since he's a natural left-back, that could see Zenden starting from the bench.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts