Xtratime Community banner

What's the cure?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
46,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what's the cure then? This poll is open to other fans too.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
You've lost two games all season both against an exceptionally good Milan side who have been together a number of years and have a settled system/team and coach.

I'd say Inter supporters should get a grip.

·
Registered
46,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CardiffRed said:
You've lost two games all season both against an exceptionally good Milan side who have been together a number of years and have a settled system/team and coach.

I'd say Inter supporters should get a grip.
If you looked at the other threads, the problem with Inter (ie. the underachieving) that is often referred to didn't just spring from this one match. Maybe it's you who shouldn't be jumping to any conclusions. ;)

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Firdaus said:
If you looked at the other threads, the problem with Inter (ie. the underachieving) that is often referred to didn't just spring from this one match. Maybe it's you who shouldn't be jumping to any conclusions. ;)

But it's a self fulfilling prophecy.

A result goes against you, the blame is thrown at everyone and everything, the manager is sacked after a short time and you are back to square one.

It's like groundhog day, from Tardelli, to Cuper to Lippi to Zaccheroni to Lucescu to Hodgson none of them have been given that much time to clear up the mess of the previous manager and mould a team that they are happy with so by the time they are sacked you're left with a frankenstein team stuck in limbo not sure where they are and which managers ideas they are supposed to be adapting to.

The best thing Inter can do, both fans and directors, is to show patience and give a manager the time and support to at first build a side and then evolve that side.

You may not like it but you could do alot worse than learn from Milan. They built a team put faith in a manager. And the team and manager they put faith in have progressed by slowly but purposefully evolving the style of play and the team and are now a truly great side.

Buying countless players and changing managers every two seasons is not the way to go about building a great team.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
First of all, I think you should edit the poll and add in another- Get a new Captain. Despite everything, some players can't be captains. What has been constant- MANY MANY COACHES nO CHANGE

MORATTI TAKING A BACK SEAT (FOR REAL) : NO CHANGE

MORATTI CHANGING TRANSFER STRATEGY: NO CHANGE

NEW TACTICS: NO CHANGE

One constant: the core players, and CAPTAIN

CAPTAIN CORDOBA IS TIME TO TAKE YOUR THRONE

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Why on earth would you want to change the captain? He is the best thing you got going for you. You need continuity and he is a symbol of it.

PS. Captain Cordoba sounds like a breakfast cereal :)

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
First of all, I think you should edit the poll and add in another- Get a new Captain. Despite everything, some players can't be captains. What has been constant- MANY MANY COACHES nO CHANGE

MORATTI TAKING A BACK SEAT (FOR REAL) : NO CHANGE

MORATTI CHANGING TRANSFER STRATEGY: NO CHANGE

NEW TACTICS: NO CHANGE

One constant: the core players, and CAPTAIN

CAPTAIN CORDOBA IS TIME TO TAKE YOUR THRONE
To be honest you're not far from the truth.

Inter miss a focal point to the team, it doesn't neccesairily have to be the captain but a player in the team that epitomises everything that is good about the club. A player who is the team. A player that the other players look too when things are going against them, one who has the heart and spirit to raise the game of those around him.

Milan have Gattuso, Liverpool have Carragher and Gerrard, Utd have Keane, Barcelona have Puyol, Inter have.....

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Barracuda, Captain Zanetti can do all his continuity in play on the side- as a member of the team under another Captain. its clear we need someone to fukin hit these layers in the head. Someone to yell at their asses in the game. Someone like Veron, Miha, Cordoba, those players I see yelling at others. We need someone like that. Not someone with a stone face like Zanetti. I don't care if he cries all he wants , but he is a captain. IF we had captains leading by example then Vieri could have been a captain in his best days in 2002. But its not like that. A captain must do more on the pitch. YELL

GUess who was yelling at who yesterday?

Cordoba at JZ, yes Cordoba at JZ, for JZ left open the entire flank accidnetally, and Milan almost scored offa counter

That's not even leading by example, for god's sake.

·
Registered
25,267 Posts
The mentality thing would only really apply to Milan as well as conceding goals in the last few minutes. That is not a quality issue but a concentration one.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
I take your point Pulsy. :thmbup: You need someone who shows that he cares. I doubt that you will see a change before Zanettis retirement though.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
I voted 'mental factor'....

1. Your Boss... who could be Sacked anytime, you wouldnt give a shit on his planning, his vision, his philosophy... would you?

2. You compete to be the best, up there with the best, in the best league, most competitive and tough league, and you have to either be benched or play a little here and there...... from time to time, like a part-timer.... next best thing for you to do is to blame your soon-to-be-sacked boss.. its logical, isnt it.. an immediate change of boss might just get things back on track.... so wtf

3. your colleague, who was a good performer from the past years, expects that he be better treated with unconditional love and support and assists. He sulks at any possible time, it seems like he was just looking for a difficult ball. Starts complaining like the world rotates around him. You know that such mentality is self-fulfiling, you look for Dirt, you See Dirt. You Look out specifically for Wrongs and you always will get Wrongs. Its affecting the mentality of the team... and you just have to follow the 'way' it is.

A psychatrist would be able to solve one.. but not all 3.... unless.. it is recognized and start eliminatiing those shits. ONe way to do it.. is to start like the mid table teams, sell all the stars, start doing a Leece. Like these we will probably know how to build from, scratch.. and not look for easy solutions. But that will never happen.

·
Registered
46,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CardiffRed said:
But it's a self fulfilling prophecy.

A result goes against you, the blame is thrown at everyone and everything, the manager is sacked after a short time and you are back to square one.
So you too admit that there is a problem. Ironic.

But as a contributing factor, you're spot on. How do you think the environment might be changed then?

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
WHAT MAKES YOU GUYS THINK WE WILL LOSE

Trust me

I SAW THE FUTURE 2-0 CORDOBA, VERON

I'M CERTAIN IT WILL BE THIS WAY

its just xt i don't know about

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
There are too many things,It can't be put one thing but even with all this madness the main thing that stopped you from winning was bad fortune.

If Adriano and Recoba didn't get injured? But then again they weren't injured in the last derby 2 months ago....

Anyway even if Inter got new players, There is still that feeling that something will go wrong somehow, Injuries or personal preferances or just bad luck but I have to admit after the Copa Amercia when Adriano was in megaform I was so so so convinced that we would be seeing a something amazing with Inter this season, I thought they would take ALL the trophies, Adriano-Recoba when they came back from injury last season was the best working partnership I have seen in football. Mancini promised attacking football so I didn't think about the possiblity that he would dislike Recoba for personal reasons and be so stubborn with a old Vieri, I thought it was a given that he would start Recoba with Adri after what they showed together, But I was wrong and naive, This is Moratti's Inter we are talking about...

:jester:

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Firdaus said:
So you too admit that there is a problem. Ironic.

But as a contributing factor, you're spot on. How do you think the environment might be changed then?
You haven't got a problem at the moment, not a serious problem anyway. Although you aren't far away from diving headlong into one.

The very fact Moratti had to come out and say he's not going to sack Mancini after losing two games is ridiculous.

The solution is patience from everyone connected with the club, deciding on a core team of 22-23 players and then improve the quality of that 23 rather than just improving the quantity as they have done over the years.

Having a manager in the seat longer than 2 years might help as well.

·
Registered
8,973 Posts
All we need is to strengthen our defence and a playmaker and off we go. Maybe we dont even need the latter.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
GUess who was yelling at who yesterday?

Cordoba at JZ, yes Cordoba at JZ, for JZ left open the entire flank accidnetally, and Milan almost scored offa counter

That's not even leading by example, for god's sake.
Man you can spill your hate about Zanetti all over the forums all you want, but PLEASE dont make things up. Cordoba was NOT yelling at Zanetti. It was the ref he was yelling at because we were supposed to get a goal kick while the ref gave Milan a corner kick. Next time you wanna attack Zanetti, make sure you got your facts right.

Besides, it was Crespo who escaped towards our right flank. He was the only player there. Who's job is it to man-mark Crespo? ITS CORDOBA's! Not Zanetti's, especially in a counter attack situation.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
For starters it is not easy to be calm when you support, coach or play for inter. its virtually impossible. every year we get such good players in our team so we all have every right to believe that we can win the scudetto and the CL. and that doesnt seem to be happening does it? so whos gonna stay calm ? and next year we go and buy some more players in the hope of winning and the same thing happens.. we dont win!!

bottomline is that we get the players but never let them show what they can do ! what an absolute waste it was to get davids, and recoba also was wasted. emre was wasted. now hes openly stated that he is going to leave inter. karagounis was left to rot on the bench . he could have been utilised much more.

this year if we had any other coach apart from mancio (atleast one with an attacking attitude) i think we would have been doing better in the scudetto race (atleast the gap would be lesser) and we would have had a better chance of going through to the semis. as it stands now , our chances our bleak.

and what more, just when we needed our strike force dearly, half of it is injured ! well recoba wasnt playing anyway , so it doesnt make a difference now that he is injured. to me vieri didnt look sharp and adriano (i hope im wrong) may not look his sharpest best . we may all be driven by emotion but its the facts that prevail. how can you expect a guy whose been out for soo many days to come back on matchday and score one or two goals? he isnt exactly god (i hope im wrong again) but cmon !

only a part miracle can save our skins now. as for changing the coach thing, i know its difficult to change coach at the end of the season again without being criticised but, well mancini wasnt exactly the perfect coach we could have gotten. hes honestly wasted much of the talent that there was at inter. and that disappoints me. maybe next season we shall see something better from him. the mentality is perfect but his selection and favouritism isnt. well, we will just have to wait and watch .

as for the 2nd leg , im just praying that mancio will start with three strikers. if adriano is 100 % i wud put him from the start. and i would also put recoba . he may not turn out to be effective bcuz of the injury but well we dont have much of a choice. the third can be either martins or vieri.

finally , luck doesnt seem to be on our side. its a kinda cowardly and looserish thing to say. but it is the truth and speaking the struth is never cowardly no matter what. if luck isnt on your side ... it just ISNT.
thats that :frownani:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts