Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could say this for Cafu who almost always is a gentelman on the pitch but now did a horrible tackle on Cufre, but I am thinking about someone else here.

Kaka

This is not the first game he do this stuff. Go back. Freekick in the middle of the field, Milan 2 goal and one man up nothing to worry about. Kaka decides to kick away the ball for them, that's like asking to get a yellow card and more or less nothing to gain for us. (Seedorf also manages to get booked here :rolleyes:) Some minutes later. Offside on Inzaghi, the ball is passed back to the Roma defense. Kaka is around so he obviously... yes, kicks away the ball again. Now the ref warns him, he should be happy about that. but no, just moments later Roma get a freekick and he once again nonchalantly kicks away the ball and now get a yellow.

WTF!!! Does this lad ever think!

I mean this is not the first time, I can remember at least once more this season he have been booked for this and I see him doing it all the time in almost all games. Is his brain turned off after the ref have whistled?

Things like this always irritated me to no end and how costly will it not be if he misses for instance the Juve game because of something like this (knowing our players are not protected from yellow cards in the game before like the Juve players...).

·
Registered
625 Posts
JKris said:
I could say this for Cafu who almost always is a gentelman on the pitch but now did a horrible tackle on Cufre, but I am thinking about someone else here.

Kaka

This is not the first game he do this stuff. Go back. Freekick in the middle of the field, Milan 2 goal and one man up nothing to worry about. Kaka decides to kick away the ball for them, that's like asking to get a yellow card and more or less nothing to gain for us. (Seedorf also manages to get booked here :rolleyes:) Some minutes later. Offside on Inzaghi, the ball is passed back to the Roma defense. Kaka is around so he obviously... yes, kicks away the ball again. Now the ref warns him, he should be happy about that. but no, just moments later Roma get a freekick and he once again nonchalantly kicks away the ball and now get a yellow.

I mean this is not the first time, I can remember at least once more this season he have been booked for this and I see him doing it all the time in almost all games. Is his brain turned off after the ref have whistled?

Things like this always irritated me to no end and how costly will it not be if he misses for instance the Juve game because of something like this (knowing our players are not protected from yellow cards in the game before like the Juve players...).
I agree.

Our players are not calm today. We are 2:0 up, one man up, controlling the game. Why did Kaka do this totally unnecessary thing?

Carlo must have some words to say about it.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Maybe he WAS asking for a yellow card. Maybe Carlo asked him to do that. Who knows? :D We have too many players "with cautions". And it kind of worries me that this list is like a rolling snowball without anyone getting out of it. It is scary.

Who knows what will happen in a few weeks from now? If one week before May 8th, some bloody referee went berserk? Next round we are playing Brescia, an easier opponent on paper. Maybe it is a good time to drop somebody out of that "caution" list.

I am not proud of it, but I won't complain. :D

p.s. don't take it seriously. it is all WIDE GUESS. ;)

·
Registered
625 Posts
I feel sorry for Cufre. But I don't think Cafu wanted to hurt him intentionally. He was going toward the ball. It was a 50/50 chance ball. In other match, Cafu might jump or skip it. But this game was too important. Nobody would back up in this scenario, even it involves some risk, injuring others or being injured.

·
Registered
625 Posts
cxd said:
Who knows what will happen in a few weeks from now? If one week before May 8th, some bloody referee went berserk? Next round we are playing Brescia, an easier opponent on paper. Maybe it is a good time to drop somebody out of that "caution" list.
You have a point here. Let's hope we can do well against Brescia without Kaka. Seriously he hasn't performed great recently. I think it will be fine wihout him against Brescia.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Genjuro said:
I feel sorry for Cufre. But I don't think Cafu wanted to hurt him intentionally. He was going toward the ball. It was a 50/50 chance ball.
going with both feet first, stubs first will end in a injury if someone is on the other end. Cafu knows this, make your own conclusion.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
JKris said:
Is his brain turned off after the ref have whistled?
I would say Kaka is a very smart player, and considering that you were 2-0 up and next game is Brescia at home, I'm positive it was totally deliberate. You could see a big smile on his face afterwards.

I don't blame him either. I'd have done exactly the same.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glen said:
I would say Kaka is a very smart player, and considering that you were 2-0 up and next game is Brescia at home, I'm positive it was totally deliberate. You could see a big smile on his face afterwards.

I don't blame him either. I'd have done exactly the same.
Really? Are you sure he would be suspended for the next game? and at any rate, take into consideration that this is not a one instance occurance, he do this in game after game. you don't think that was in some grand plan to miss the Brescia game? :D

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Well yeah- why wouldn't it be for the next game, Kris? He was in "diffidati" before this one, and the only times bans aren't carried out immediately is if the disciplinary board has to get together to look at video evidence.

Brescia is of course a great game to miss as it's a home game against a comparatively poor team, so his absence won't matter too much, and thus he has a clean slate for the run in. I'm sure all the Milan players are acutely aware of their disciplinary situations.

I kinda dream that we go 2-0 up at Anfield and Thuram and Canna rival eachother for petualance until both have a yellow card :D .

·
Registered
60,511 Posts
Meh, now Kaka can play for Brazil and then take a breather. Nothing wrong with that Kris.

Cafu didn't intend to hurt Cufre, IMHO. It was reckless, but he went for the ball and unluckily caught Cufre's leg.

Let's hope Cufre is fine.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Well let's say this. Rather be suspended for this game and be fresh for the derby. So I guess it was intentional.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Glen said:
Well yeah- why wouldn't it be for the next game, Kris? He was in "diffidati" before this one,
I don't know. Because I didn't know how many he had.

Cafu didn't intend to hurt Cufre, IMHO. It was reckless, but he went for the ball and unluckily caught Cufre's leg.
No. no. at best he didn't think. Have you played football? Everyone that play football (should?) knows the end result of these tackles, Cafu surerly do. Most likely the adrenaline level was to high and he went in like this. You are not even allowed to have one leg straight out, surerly not two.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
I agree that Cafu's tackle was totally out of line and very dangerous. If there had been a nasty ongoing battle between the two, I didn't notice it. Maybe it was just a rush of blood to the head. I really can't explain it otherwise.

As for Kaka', I hadn't noticed him repeatedly kicking away the ball. (And yes, I did watch the game. Maybe it was all that smoke. :D ) It's possible he was just feeling frustrated at his game, à la Totti, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did provoke a yellow deliberately. Let's hope he's not as stupid as Beckham, who did the same and then bragged about it. :rollani:

·
Registered
284 Posts
oh course kaka did it on purpose! he had done it before in the game but got away with it, he was trying for a yellow. cafu's challenge was horrible :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts