Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember when Riquelme supposedvly stopped all the Barca rumours and "signed a pre-contract" with AC Milan, I see that those rumours don't go on right now but I remember they were everywhere, in all sorts of sides. I don't know what happened, what ever happened to that? and Beckham was gonna join too. Beckham & Riquelme we're both very close.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Riquelme is almost an mystery, he has all the class to have been signed by an europan team. The question may be if he has already signed with some team (possible Milan, altough unlikely with Rui in the team). If has already signed with an team no other can sign him and then he is either signed for the summer or when his contract ends in one year from now.

·
Registered
113 Posts
First off, Beckham was never close to signing for Milan. Your team made one inquiry, was told he was not available, and it ended there.

As far as Riquelme goes, he'll probably leave Boca this summer.
Destination? Juventus or Barcalona, probably.

Get your bid in now! ;)

·
Registered
513 Posts
What happened to him?

Happened that we got Rui Costa instead of Riquelme, what about that argentine guy - I'm pretty sure some Spanish side will sign him, at the moment there isn't really that much of a need for him.
Milan has got the players, now it's time to play.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Riquelme is believed to be Milan bound, for the Summer of 2003, at the end of his contract, for free!!!!:proud::stuckup:

As far as Becks' concerned, honestly, we don't really need him, specially with his high demands (100K Pounds a week!) in a 100M$ deal. For that price, with all respects due to Becks, he is not worth that amount. If it were for say a Figo, a Zidane, a Henry or a Thuram or a Nesta, sure, the money would be well and wisely spent, but a for Beck, spending 100 Million US $? No way...:eek:

FORZA RIQUELME ROSSONERO!:proud::star::cool::stuckup:

·
Registered
113 Posts
San Siro-

You must be kidding yourself if you think Riquelme is going anywhere on a free transfer. Boca brought this player up, and they are going to cash him in when the time comes. No point in giving away players. If he doesn't extend his contract, sell him.
He'll go for around $20 million.

·
Registered
513 Posts
colin6899 said:
San Siro-

You must be kidding yourself if you think Riquelme is going anywhere on a free transfer. Boca brought this player up, and they are going to cash him in when the time comes. No point in giving away players. If he doesn't extend his contract, sell him.
He'll go for around $20 million.
Agree, Boca would manage selling him, financially it would be very stupid to let the player on a free transfer.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
I agree that it would be stupid to let such a player go on a free. However, Riquelme doesn't want to extend his contract with Boca and he has signed a pre-contract with Milan in which he agreed to join Milan in the 2003 summer...

Just wait and you'll see it...;)
FORZA RIQUI!:):star:

·
Registered
113 Posts
San_Siro_1 said:
I agree that it would be stupid to let such a player go on a free. However, Riquelme doesn't want to extend his contract with Boca and he has signed a pre-contract with Milan in which he agreed to join Milan in the 2003 summer...

Just wait and you'll see it...;)
FORZA RIQUI!:):star:
I wouldn't put too much faith into this supposed 'pre-contract'. I'm sure that Riquelme won't play at Boca after 2003, but I wouldn't be surprised if he moved this summer.

Who would you rather sign this summer, Rivaldo or Riquelme?

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Riquelme. Rivaldo is the past; Riquelme is the present and the future...;)
FORZA RIQUI!:proud::star::cool:

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Originally posted by San_Siro_1:

For that price, with all respects due to Becks, he is not worth that amount. If it were for say a Figo, a Zidane, a Henry or a Thuram or a Nesta, sure, the money would be well and wisely spent, but a for Beck, spending 100 Million US $? No way...
You're saying you would spend more money on Thierry Henry then on David Beckham? I think you're being a bit biased towards the French striker.

·
Registered
532 Posts
If I'm not wrong, the free transfer upon contract expiry only applies to Europe?

I wouldn't believe any rumour about Riquelme signed for Milan 2003 or whatsoever. Afterall, how many times have we heard he has a pre-contract with us before.

I like the guy, but as long as Pirlo and Rui are in the team, I can't see him coming to Milan.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
i think riquelme will go to barca...

speaking of beckham, i think he wants 200K pounds a week...not 100K.... :dazed: 200k is ridiculous...i don't think he's worth that much...although i believe that his image right is still worth a lot...

imagine that, u need about 40m pounds to get him...and then give him 200k pounds a week...what a rich bastard...

·
Registered
513 Posts
Politician said:
Rui Costa happened. It proved an unwise choice on current form.
Can you tell me any better playmaker we should have bought. Rui Costa was a perfect choice, it's just he didn't perform as well as most of us, I mean Milan fans, wanted. I still believe he can find his best form and show that he is still one of the best playmakers in the world.

At the moment, there is no need for Riquelme as we already have Rui Costa and Pirlo. It wouldn't be wise to buy a third, cause one of them, as they are all real world class quality players, would have to sit on the bench.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Rui Costa indeed is the perfect choice. He is the best playmaker in Italy and one of the top 2 or top 3 in the whole world. Just be patient with Manuel and i'm absolutely certain that Manuel will find his form. He hasn't been lucky, with all his injuries, but be patient and Manuel will prove to everyone, his worth, his immense talent. I believe in Manuel, i do respect him a lot, since his latest comments on the official site and i do pray that he gets back to his old form. When Manuel gets back to his old form, Milan will be unstoppable and will see a goal galore with the likes of Sheva and Pippo.

FORZA MAGICO RUI!:proud::stuckup:

The Shev,
I'm sick and tired of all the people, that easily and continuosly attacking me by saying:"you're biased towards the French!" Give me a phucking break!!!!I'm sick and tired of that. If you don't have any other things to say, just shut the hell up. I'm sorry for such a language, but i'm really really fed up with these continous and pathetic comments....:rollani:

Yes Becks, is one of the best players around, but no, he isn't worth what he demands, 100 or 200K pounds a week!!!Even Zidane or Figo, the 2 best players on the planet ain't worth that. If you have seen Henry play lately, you would realize that he would form the deadliest pair of attack with Sheva, with Rui Costa behind them and Serginho or Contra providing them with great crosses.

FORZA RUI!!!!
VOLA MANUEL, VOLA!

·
Registered
513 Posts
San_Siro_1 said:
Rui Costa indeed is the perfect choice. He is the best playmaker in Italy and one of the top 2 or top 3 in the whole world. Just be patient with Manuel and i'm absolutely certain that Manuel will find his form. He hasn't been lucky, with all his injuries, but be patient and Manuel will prove to everyone, his worth, his immense talent. I believe in Manuel, i do respect him a lot, since his latest comments on the official site and i do pray that he gets back to his old form. When Manuel gets back to his old form, Milan will be unstoppable and will see a goal galore with the likes of Sheva and Pippo.
I disagree here a bit, Totti is still younger and better than Rui, maybe faster, more tehnical, better passer, creator and has as good as shot as Manuel.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Here's a scary thought: maybe Rui really isn't the graet playmaker that we had held him out to be?

I don't think anybody who has seen him over many seasons can disagree that he can't hold a candle to Zidane or Totti. That he isn't as consistently brilliant as JRR, that he tends to get dispirited too easily, that he doesn't always make the best decisions whilst on the pitch (too much dribbling and not enough thru-balls) and the fundamental truth no man suddenly becomes a better player because of his price tag and increased media attention? He was made out to have a great season last year but he performed disspearing acts in some games too, and in some halfs. Mentally he is unfortunately rather weak, without that steadfast arrogant belief that Zidane has that he is the best and should always perform that way. Rui actually started very brightly for Milan unlike Zidane for Real but nobody is arguing about whether ZZ is worth his transfer fee now. As for Rui? Well...

I was one that pumped heavily for JRR, I admit, but I think with good reason. There is no player in world that plays like him and I see him as perfectly suited to the Serie A. People say he holds on to the ball too long but yet he somehow still manage to instigate just about every Boca counter-attack. You can't do that if you hold on to the ball for too long.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts