Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
defense: r.carlos is not so good anymore. We often weak on the left because he attack so much. Helguera is ok. We never shoud let Hierro go.He very good. Much vision for game. Pavon and Bravo are ok ass backup. Salgado is very good maybe better than carlos.

midfield: we shoud play beckham on the right side. Because he the best on that position in the word. WE shoud sell figo. He's slow and has lost his game. We need a good defensive midfielder like Gerrard or Ramelow. Zidane is ofcourse very much fantastic. Guti is ok but maybe not for the starting line up.

attack: sell ronaldo now!!! he's selfish and arrogant. we make much more goals if we have good scorer and team player like owen or larsson. Raul very good and portillo in future.

Maybe we shoud get gerrard and owen from liverpool. That very awesome.And maybe we get houllier as manager also??? He has good tactical knowledge.

What u think of this?

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I'm going to say what I said in another thread:

I didn't see the game, but I get the picture.:rolleyes: This has been the worst season ever, considering the staff of players that we have.

Both the Copa del rey final and the game after were the same story: dreadful defense, ridiculous individual game (with the exception of ZZ) and Queiroz not replacing anyone, playing with the same tired starting 11 for the whole game and even for 120 min. (At the end of the games, ANY player is better that those stars exhausted as they get. They can barely run, dribble or keep ball posession.) Also, at times (usually after scoring), the team completely stopped playing and got 1 goal scored against.

This ridiculous portuguese (Queirshit) is going out through the back door.

The policy of hiring a new star every year should be applied to defenders as well. For instance, Beck is playing well, but buying him was totally uneccesary. We needed a Nesta or a Samuel instead. And Moro going out was ludicrous as well. Beckham is NOT better than Morientes.

Good for Moro. We are desperately waiting for you to come back. This is your home.

People that should stay:

Zizou
Ronaldo
Figo
Casillas
Portillo
Roberto Carlos (ageless and very strong)
Raúl (He is an icon of the Spanish player in REAL. Besides, I believe that he will recover)

People that should go:

Perez
Queiroz
All the defense
Almost all the bench
César
Beckham (bring back Moro)
Solari (He's good, but not good enough, buy D' Alessandro)
Guti (same as above, exchange him for Saviola, so he can show his REAL potential in a REAL club)

People that we should get:

ANY other coach
A fair bench (This issue is a big problem, bacause usually great players don't like being on the bench.)
A good substitute goalkeeper
Nesta
Samuel
Morientes again
D' Alessandro (superb playmaker)
Saviola
Juan Arango
Latinlover

This last month has been very sad for REAL MADRID, for Spain, for El PP, for hispanity and for civilization in general.:sob: :( :frownani:

·
Registered
447 Posts
I have tried to ignore your posts in the past but your Houllier comment has to be the biggest joke I have heard. Liverpool are my favorite team in England, and whilst I have no problems with Houllier as a person he simply stinks as a manager. In the 5 years he has been in charge, Liverpool has only won a mickey mouse treble and have finished no higher than 2nd in the league. He has also made dud signing after dud signing. I think even the most tolerant Liverpool supporters have been calling for his head. And I wouldn't call putting 10 men behind the ball good tactical knowledge.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Latinlover says that this is a terrible season considering the staff that we have (so you'd think our staff is good) but then proceeds to say that we should dismiss half of them. I don't get it.

Then he displays a stunning grasp of the obvious by restating a bunch of ideas that tons of people have already said. We need a defender? We didn't need Beckham? Our players are always tired? These arguments have been on the table for the past few years, years where RM has won.

In Latinlover's benefit though, he's not the only one that does this. Tons of posters show this sort of false intelligence. People, these are not new ideas. You have not stumbled upon any stroke of brilliant deduction. Believe me, you haven't thought of anything that Valdano, Perez & co haven't thought about.

What I think would be a better discussion, and one less tired, is to attempt to understand the reasoning behind the current policy. These are not stupid men running RM and we're not geniuses who have all the answers. Maybe they do have an idea of what's best for the club. Thing is, most are just too short-sighted to fully comprehend.

True, in the end, they (Perez & co) might be wrong. But I don't go into any discussion, debate or negotiation without knowing both sides of the story in and out.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
MAD Fan said:
Latinlover says that this is a terrible season considering the staff that we have (so you'd think our staff is good) but then proceeds to say that we should dismiss half of them. I don't get it.

Then he displays a stunning grasp of the obvious by restating a bunch of ideas that tons of people have already said. We need a defender? We didn't need Beckham? Our players are always tired? These arguments have been on the table for the past few years, years where RM has won.

In Latinlover's benefit though, he's not the only one that does this. Tons of posters show this sort of false intelligence. People, these are not new ideas. You have not stumbled upon any stroke of brilliant deduction. Believe me, you haven't thought of anything that Valdano, Perez & co haven't thought about.

What I think would be a better discussion, and one less tired, is to attempt to understand the reasoning behind the current policy. These are not stupid men running RM and we're not geniuses who have all the answers. Maybe they do have an idea of what's best for the club. Thing is, most are just too short-sighted to fully comprehend.

True, in the end, they (Perez & co) might be wrong. But I don't go into any discussion, debate or negotiation without knowing both sides of the story in and out.
Thank God I´m not alone in this!!!

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
i just wish I could turn back time and return to the time when Becks scored the free-kick against Zaragoza in Copa Final. We were on our way to win the title, 4 points clear of la liga, recently beated Bayern and were going to face an "easy" Monaco in the CL.

Whats wrong with our team is that footballers are humans...

Football is unpredictable, one day my team won 10-1 the next day we lost 5-0 against the same side, thats football.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Houllier as a person he simply stinks as a manager. In the 5 years he has been in charge, Liverpool has only won a mickey mouse treble and have finished no higher than 2nd in the league.
but you improve a lot under Houllier. he bring trophies after many time of troubles. this year Liverpool have just been very unlucky with so many injury, Houllier oftes say this after the games. also Wenger say many positive thing about Houllier as manager, I think he maybe under rated. And, maybe if we get Houllier it more easy to sign Owen? he is great talent. our midfield defense also needs help if we move Beckham to the right wing so Gerrard maybe a good addition. Houllier can make all this happen I think.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
MAD Fan said:

I dont see the value of the above to be honest, what is it going to prove? That they have some weird and wacky reasoning behind what is going on at the club? I personally dont feel that I need to understand it anymore than I already do and it doesnt take a genuius to understand what the problems are either which is why every tom, dick and harry keeps mentioning it.

What might be a more interesting discussion is to find out about the reasoning behind no1 Beckham fans suggestions. On second thoughts, lets not go down that road. :pp

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Hoseman said:
I dont see the value of the above to be honest, what is it going to prove? That they have some weird and wacky reasoning behind what is going on at the club? I personally dont feel that I need to understand it anymore than I already do and it doesnt take a genuius to understand what the problems are either which is why every tom, dick and harry keeps mentioning it.

You don't understand the value of understanding the other side? That's a very basic principle of football, business, politics, relationships, and pretty much every human interaction.

As you said, every tom, dick and harry has an idea of what the problem with Real is. Are you so naive as to think that the suggestions of every tom, dick and harry have not crossed the minds of Real management? You really believe that everyone in the world has figured out the answer while such an obvious solution has skipped the minds of Real management?

If you do not understand the underlying motives and given situation of a club/company/person, then you're just shooting blindly. More often than not, you'll be wrong.

But then again, most people probably think like you do Hoseman. Me though, I'm too battle-tested as a negotiator. When I see a competent opponent skirting the obvious answer, I do not assume that they're stupid (which is what every tom, dick and harry thinks), I assume they're hiding something. There is a motive somewhere that needs to be discovered and understood. If after that you still determine your opponent to be an idiot, then that's fine. But never assume that at first.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
As said I think i have a pretty good grip on what is going on based on his actions, stuff in the [press, etc. Any suggestions as to how else I am going to get further information? A meeting with Perez might do the trick!

Of course those ideas have crossed their minds. The problem is they havent been implemented. I'd like to know why. In some interviews he has stated that the youth are adequate to cover the back which they arent. We are a mess at the back and I dont think anyone can argue with that.

Whats your position here then? How do feel about the way the club is being run? Whats your opinions regarding the thin - non existent - bench, buying Beckham who is neither a Zidane or Pavon, no defenders policy? The list goes on. I get the "impression" you are happy with it and think the Prez is doing a fab job. He has his reasons for this project but because we dont know the exact motives we cant criticise, is that right? Whats the story then? :)

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
Go

MAD Fan said:
You really believe that everyone in the world has figured out the answer while such an obvious solution has skipped the minds of Real management?
in the last 2 years, yes.

MAD Fan said:
I assume they're hiding something. There is a motive somewhere that needs to be discovered and understood.
hiding? yes, they hide behind their stupid policy.
i see no good reason for this policy, unless perez though is to keep on buying strikers/forwards untill bravo/pavon/mejia and Co. are old enough to play for real madrid.
in that case, he should just say that and we will wait 5 years.
________
Lovely Wendie

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Madrid needs a Makalele player again, 2 of them as backup is needed, and better centre backs. That is all that is wrong.

It is not the coaches fault when the team he has been given isnt complete when considering the budget of the club. Gourmet attackers and Mcdonalds defensive players does not work.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
the problems of Real can easily be fixed if those in charge actually address the issues. We have the most potent offense we just need to balance it out with more experienced support players both in the line up and on the Bench.

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
Saw an interview yesterday with a Monaco player that made me furious: he said he was passing the hotel of the RM players a few hours before the game. They were lying in the sun, relaxing too much, thinking theyre through already. That gave Monaco some hope to turn it around. :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
LaBlanca said:
Saw an interview yesterday with a Monaco player that made me furious: he said he was passing the hotel of the RM players a few hours before the game. They were lying in the sun, relaxing too much, thinking theyre through already. That gave Monaco some hope to turn it around. :mad: :mad: :mad:
two more things:

1. Guily said that his family stayed in the same hotel as Real Madrid did, and at 1 midnight, they saw the Real Madrid players sitting in the bar which raised the Monaco players morale

2. During halftime Guily told Zidane to let them score a goal, Zidane replied n said can't you see we aren't together. Guily said that raised his morale n the Monaco players too.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Real_Madrid said:
two more things:

2. During halftime Guily told Zidane to let them score a goal, Zidane replied n said can't you see we aren't together. Guily said that raised his morale n the Monaco players too.

I dont fully understand what is being implied?

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Che said:
I dont fully understand what is being implied?
AS Monaco skipper Ludovic Giuly has revealed how a halftime jibe with Real Madrid's Zinedine Zidane inspired his team to their shock win on Tuesday night.
Giuly revealed: "As we walked off at halftime, I went to Zizou and asked him to let us score a goal in the second-half. That way, we would manage to beat Madrid and they would qualify ... an honourable result for all.

"But Zidane replied to me: 'Brother, can't you see that we're not together?'"

Giuly continued, "To see Zidane's face and hear what he said gave me 20 per cent more determination. I knew something was wrong. I told my teammates during the break and they had the same motivation as I did when we went back out."

1 - 20 of 52 Posts