Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must admit: even if I know that it is not easy at all, I'd be disappointed to see Sampdoria again out of the UEFA Cup places at the end of the season.
My hope is that we will gain the UEFA Cup through the Italian Cup, a semifinal could be enough and that means that defeating the winner of Cagliari-Lazio in the next round could be sufficient. Unfortunately the crisis of Roma does not help us (the ideal for us would be Roma at least 4th at the end of the championship and in the semifinal of Italian Cup).

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I'd be satisfied with mid-table obscurity, UEFA Cup via Coppa Italia would be a bonus given Sampdoria's inconsistency so far this season .

·
Registered
823 Posts
I would just be happy to see sampdoria play some exciting football, and get some exciting young players. At the moment I am not so keen on samp's style.....

·
Registered
614 Posts
zuenotto said:
I would just be happy to see sampdoria play some exciting football, and get some exciting young players. At the moment I am not so keen on samp's style.....

I would agree. One of the main reasons i started supporting Sampdoria was because of their attacking style of play. This has completly changed. If the chairman isn't prepaired to spend money on players surely then we must focus on bringing young players up rather than getting loan players and free oldies.

But for this season i think we have a great chance of getting into europe via the Coppa Italia seen as a lot of the big teams aren't taking it seriously and we have a good enough record in the cup, so hopefully :hopefull:
I think i will only really be happy if we quallify for Europe weather its the league or cup.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
i started following samp because i like thier top. i was hoping for a uefa cup spot this year...and when i see teams like lecce messina and cagliari on top of us it makes me feel sick. We didnt buy many players this year and i think that stuffed us up. The worst thing about it is that lecce, messina and cagliari will all sell their best players at the end of season so if they were to get uefa cup stop it would be a complete waste of space like udinese was. We need better players..simple as that.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Another thing that annoys me is that if we showed a bit more ambition that we could have nearly pushed for the champions league. I'm not saying we would have got it or anything but Roma, Lazio and Parma aren't that great this season and we may have being able to finish ahead f them giving us a great chance.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Yeah, we'll need a REALLY rich vein of form down the stretch if we are to improve to the extent of reaching Europe. This season is probably ruined already, and if the management doesn't open its eyes, next season is in danger too.

·
Registered
46,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dattilo said:
champions, niente di piu
Welcome Dattilo. :)

The champions league would be a dream, but I think it's rather difficult. Yet, till now we are just 3 points far from it. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts