Xtratime Community banner

What will Villarreal achieve this season?

• Champions League qualification + Uefa Cup Round 32.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Champions League qualification + Uefa Cup Quarter-Finals.

• 5th in La Liga + Uefa Cup Round 32.

• 5th in La Liga + Uefa Cup Round 16.

• 6th in La Liga + Uefa Cup Round 32.

• 6th in La Liga + Uefa Cup Round 16.

• 6th in La Liga + Uefa Cup Quarter-Finals.

• 6th in La Liga + Uefa Cup Final.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Villareal are playing really well at the moment and suffered their first defeat of the year away at Sevilla this weekend, but how will their season shape up?

Will they get that prestigious Champions League spot that will elevate their progress even further as a football club? Or will they achieve that by doing well in the Uefa Cup and gaining experience in the league so they can mount a serious challenge for Champions League Football next season?

Whatever happens, GOOD LUCK VILLAREAL. :star:

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Hopefully in La Liga they will achieve one of the four spots to the CL. In UEFA they can reach the final, I see no problem in that or am I very optimistic?

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pooh said:
Hopefully in La Liga they will achieve one of the four spots to the CL. In UEFA they can reach the final, I see no problem in that or am I very optimistic?
No problem at all, really.

Sevilla, Real Betis, Valencia, Espanyol and Villarreal will contest the two remaining Champions League spots, but I think Villarreal have a realistic chance although the other teams they are competing with have deeper squads which could make the difference towards the end of the season.

In Europe, the funny thing is that the main threat to Villareal are Spanish teams! Bilbao, Sevilla and Valencia could do very well in that competition, but others like Ajax, Newcastle and Shalke are also good teams. It all depends on staying healthy and keeping up the good work. :thmbup:

Personally, I voted 5th in la liga and another Uefa Cup semi-final appearence. It would be a great achievement considering how far Villareal have come with so little.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
i wud like to think we cud get champions league but i dont think it'll happen

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
i'm sure Villareal can get the 3rd or 4th place in la liga :thmbup:
and they can clinch the uefa cup if they continue to play in Europe like they're playing in la liga.
BTW i voted for CL+semi-finals in the Uefa cup

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
I think that Villarreal will suffer the pressure of the last weeks and they'll finish 5th or 6th in La Liga. In Europe, I think that they can reach the semis again.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Villareal are very strong right now and they are definetley my favourites in la liga right now although i dont like any team there they are the best in my opinion(in la liga for sure)... =)

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,483 Posts
Dale Pelle !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Get a Fire going under youur players :ass:s ..That will get Villarreal where you want it to go !!! :excited:

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
im startin to believe more and more every week that they can get champoins league. 4th after betis i think wit seville in 5th but ive already voted in the poll so i cant change my vote

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
I voted for the CL qualification and UEFA Cup final. The sky is the limit for this very exciting team. With Roman pulling the strings in the midfield and our old-boy Forlan putting 'em away for fun, they can really go along way.

Now its important for Villareal to finally sign Riqualme and maybe even snap up Saviola (as there were rumours about that happening)

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
I voted for the highest possible and indeed believe in that ... Villareal have a great team and it's a pleasure to see them play. They just have to become more consistent

1 - 15 of 15 Posts