Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
19,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not saying he should be sacked. One day I think we need a change and then I change my mind, it's difficult to get rid of someone who has brought us so much.
But seeing big clubs sacking managers so freauently and seeing Scolari get the sack today at Chelsea, I am wondering what it will take for Ancelotti to be fired and what will it take for the most hardcore Carletto fans (bono for example) to turn against him? I mean, the club is bigger than any person, no?

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
I'm not saying he should be sacked. One day I think we need a change and then I change my mind, it's difficult to get rid of someone who has brought us so much.
But seeing big clubs sacking managers so freauently and seeing Scolari get the sack today at Chelsea, I am wondering what it will take for Ancelotti to be fired and what will it take for the most hardcore Carletto fans (bono for example) to turn against him? I mean, the club is bigger than any person, no?
do you believe Ancelotti has been given the resources to buy the players he wants like other managers? There are a few players in the team that have been bought against his will imo, he wanted etoo they buy dinho, he wants a central defender they get him senderos (i know you got thiago now too) and going by his comments Becks is not something Ancelotti asked for either, even though he has turned out to be a very good signing.

·
Registered
19,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree that our transfers have been far from great but at the end of the day it is his job to atleast compete for the scudetto every season, no matter what the resources are. If he thinks he doesn't have the support from the management and if he thinks that this team is only good enough to finish 3rd-4th (which we even failed for last season) then he should resign by himself because that aren't Milan's objectives.

I also don't think that this squad is much worse than Inter's while I think we have the better squad than Juve. Juve and Inter haven't been that great this season and both have dropped unexpected points and aren't really a dominant force in Europe while we are trailing behind them and if we don't win the derby next weekend then we can forget about this scudetto as well... in februari that is.

·
Registered
43,403 Posts
The best example is Sir Alex at ManU. It took him some time to win, then he won big for years (finally a UCL too in 99), then he sucked and now he wins again. Most ManU fans wanted his head, claiming he is too old and full of complicity 4 or so years ago.

Now, will Carlo be our Sir Alex? In some ways he already is, with the 3 finals and 2 UCLs. In others he is far away as he had won only one title. Then again, Alex never had a cheating Juve and post calciopoli years to deal with. Then again, managers in Italy and England have different powers, roles.

On a half serious note - if Wenger can still be there after so many years of NOTHING surely Carlo can stay forever. :D Then again, Milan is so much bigger than Arsenal ...

·
Registered
43,403 Posts
a reminder: in 03/04 ManU finished r3d; 15 points behind Arsenal; in 04/05 they finished 3rd, 17 or 18 points behind Chelsea and in next year they finished 2nd - 8 points behind Chelsea.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
do you believe Ancelotti has been given the resources to buy the players he wants like other managers? There are a few players in the team that have been bought against his will imo, he wanted etoo they buy dinho, he wants a central defender they get him senderos (i know you got thiago now too) and going by his comments Becks is not something Ancelotti asked for either, even though he has turned out to be a very good signing.

This is a valid point. Milan buys players per the management's whims and then order Carlo to win with it. Given Carlo has little to no say in transfers and that so often the transfers are absurd in their defiance of addressing actual need (Dinho, Sheva, Beckham etc) that it is hard to blame ANcelotti too much.

The last game we absolutely dominated play and yet lost on the counter attack. It was Regginna only real try on goal except for that last second Corradi thing. ?Are we really saying our defense should never ever be beatable? Even the best defense misses one play; in Milan's case that invariably turns into a goal. Football is one of those games where a team without aspirations of winning can totally suck the life out of the game. Regginna packs 8 or 9 in the box and lets us have all the passes we want. The problem is with so many people in hte box we are either trying for hopeful crosses (regardless of one or two forwards they are prayers) or we are left with attempts from long range that have to find their way through 12 bodies.

To top it off, sucessful tactics from one week with a useful and productive starting 11 become ineffective the next week. Perhaps it is as little as Milan getting up for big games and losing something the nexdt week against the minnows. It has been this way for us for years.

I don't really know what to blame Carlo for but I know the reason for our failures has to be more than playing meaningless players like Brocchi, Emerson and Favalli.

That said, I think sometimes a team does need to make changes be they the release of an old legend player to make way for new blood or teh release of an old coach to make way for new energy and ideas. Seriously, how many teams aside from Man U keep coahces for decades?

·
1st Tier Poster
49,958 Posts
The best example is Sir Alex at ManU. It took him some time to win, then he won big for years (finally a UCL too in 99), then he sucked and now he wins again. Most ManU fans wanted his head, claiming he is too old and full of complicity 4 or so years ago.

Now, will Carlo be our Sir Alex? In some ways he already is, with the 3 finals and 2 UCLs. In others he is far away as he had won only one title. Then again, Alex never had a cheating Juve and post calciopoli years to deal with. Then again, managers in Italy and England have different powers, roles.

On a half serious note - if Wenger can still be there after so many years of NOTHING surely Carlo can stay forever. :D Then again, Milan is so much bigger than Arsenal ...
I don't remember anything like that. Maybe it was some of them but certainly not "most" of the fans. Anyway, with English clubs like Arsenal, ManU and Liverpool it's different. They hold on to their managers more than Barca, RM or Italian big clubs. It doesn't apply for new money EPL clubs like Chelsea or Man City, of course. But basically I can't see much point comparing us with EPL clubs. It would've been impossible for someone like Houllier to last so long at the helm of Inter or Milan, for example. In England, they're more patient (and not always will it be good for the club).

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
Certainly the management is to blame for lack of bringing players, like not reinforcing the squad after the CL07 win and the retirement house. But the management is not to blame for the dumb tactics used by Milan and Carlo never learning from this dumb tactics. Instead he keeps using them over and over. You wanna compare Carlo with Sir Alex? Sure go ahead, keep in mind though that Fergie knows how to rotate the squad and develop youngsters. Carlo doesn't. No matter how shitty Gourcuff played for us I can never forget when we were 1-0 down to Siena and Carlo decides to bring in Emerson:rollani:.

It's not that I dislike Carlo, no quite the opposite we won 2 CL with him. But enough is enough, it's time for a change.

·
Registered
935 Posts
If somehow we failed to qualify for CL like we did last year along with failing to win the UEFA cup, Carlo will be goner
But I wish him to succeed with us and bring number 8 to Milanelo.

·
Registered
935 Posts
On a second thought, why would any hardcore Milan fans like myself to start calculating what would it take to see our beloved Carleto go???????
This is equal to wishing our outstanding team to fail.
Close this Thread...

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Sun expects Riijkard in to Replace Ancelotti., who then Replaces the Sacked Scolari ...

Dramatic eh.?

Why not, Riijkard a former acm player. He got the best out of Ronaldinho and play Super Football with Barca. An Attack-minded coach, where it fits in well with your attacking players.

While on Ancelotti, he is on demand. ACM can save the 'sacking' part. Since its all about love and brotherhood. This would pave the way. So all good...

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Not sure exactly what it will take for him to get the sack. We've had both good and bad times under Ancelotti. I, for one, would not like to see him go. bono made a good post regarding Ferguson. There has to be patience, as you can't expect to win every year.

Ferguson has an incredible record of 10 English titles in 22 years (soon to be 11 from 23), which is amazing for any club. But he's also just managed 2 Champions League finals (both successful) in that same period of time. For a club like Milan, that would be a disappointment (given that we've reached 8 finals in that same period of time).

My point is, that rarely will a manager give you the best of both worlds. Ferguson is a master of the domestic league, but his ratio of European success isn't anything special. Capello is also a master of leagues, but has only one the big cup once with the Invincibles in 1994. Mourinho couldn't do both at Chelsea (but did at Porto). Wenger hasn't won a Champions League. Probably the most impressive manager in my eyes is Lippi (5 Scudetti, 4 Champions League finals, 1 win, 1 World Cup).

Ancelotti doesn't have a good record domestically, but he has a great record in Europe (3 finals). So I suppose you have to consider that when forming an opinion of Ancelotti.

·
Registered
17,504 Posts
Not sure exactly what it will take for him to get the sack. We've had both good and bad times under Ancelotti. I, for one, would not like to see him go. bono made a good post regarding Ferguson. There has to be patience, as you can't expect to win every year.

Ferguson has an incredible record of 10 English titles in 22 years (soon to be 11 from 23), which is amazing for any club. But he's also just managed 2 Champions League finals (both successful) in that same period of time. For a club like Milan, that would be a disappointment (given that we've reached 8 finals in that same period of time).

My point is, that rarely will a manager give you the best of both worlds. Ferguson is a master of the domestic league, but his ratio of European success isn't anything special. Capello is also a master of leagues, but has only one the big cup once with the Invincibles in 1994. Mourinho couldn't do both at Chelsea (but did at Porto). Wenger hasn't won a Champions League. Probably the most impressive manager in my eyes is Lippi (5 Scudetti, 4 Champions League finals, 1 win, 1 World Cup).

Ancelotti doesn't have a good record domestically, but he has a great record in Europe (3 finals). So I suppose you have to consider that when forming an opinion of Ancelotti.

Not to mention the resources/squad he was given, one of the oldest in the history of football at sometimes....Ferguson gets a £30 million player EVERY year, this year berbatov, last year hargreaves and tevez, before carrick and nani and co, before ronaldo, before rooney, before ferdinand etc.. basically anyone who half proves himself in the league is bought, thats not th case with Ancelotti :nervous:

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
Why would anyone on earth including the carver (Bayman) want to get rid of Carlo? :googly:

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
In regards to Bono's post about United and Ferguson sucking from 03/04 for 3 seasons, that seems definitely that way when you just look at the table, but if Roman hadn't come and increased the level of competition by miles, United's drop of level wouldn't have been as obvious.

What I mean is, the year we lost out to Arsenal, that was one of the best teams ever in the Premiership, considering they went a full season unbeaten. Whilst the 2 years after that, if no Russian money, United would've been round the top and not such a clear distance behind. But as Fergie said during Jose's tenure, it will be hard for them to maintain this for more than a few seasons, and that became true in the third season when they eventually lost out to United, who have a much more clear and stable foundation.

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
All this Alex, Ancelloti, Wenger and Mourinho crap. Del Bosque in four years won 2 La Liga's and 2 Champion League titles. Beat that.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
The problem with this squad is that not only do we seem to always pick up old has beens, but Ancelotti is not willing to give the youngsters a run, instead we see Emerson, Favalli and co., that is one thing that needs to change...

2nd thing, i can't remember the last time Milan bought a big name player, that had been in excellent form...why is that??

1 - 20 of 87 Posts