1 - 20 of 23 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NO CL....NO Championship ..NO COPA DEL REY
ADIOS VAN DE GAAL.....

who will be the new Barca-coach
cuper??cruijff??hiddink??sacchi??vialli??koeman??bakero??camacho??gullit??wouters??wenger??ferguson??guy Roux??stoichkov??

what if he's an defensive minded coach!!

kluivert manchester
reiziger chelsea
bogarde manchester
litmanen ajax
zenden arsenal
cocu stays
rivaldo stays
l enrique stays
r de boer arsenal
f de boer stays
puyol gets no chance
gabri gets no chance
xavi i'm not sure
hesp AZ
arnau barca2
guardiola stays
sergi stays
dani stays

who will barca buy
tristan,mendieta,gerard,dutruel,arthirson,
ronaldo assis,raul ( why not)ferrer back??
kily,valeron,guerrrero,exteberria,velasco,capdevilla,albelda,angulo,kanu,recoba,zidane,

does sombody has an idea what the impact will be??

·
Registered
39 Posts
The impact will be that we'll lose a coach who doesn't understand that you have to defend as well as attack. We'll lose a coach who prefers second rate Dutch players to top class Spaniards. We'll lose a coach who's arrogance is unbelievable - who disregards the fans - the press - the players and the Catalan people. Hopefully we'll be losing him soon.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
If we do that we won't get any further...
We only need a solid central defender, and everything would be different...

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Normally, I really think A Dutch FCB Fan has very clever ideas about football and Barca. But this time I don´t agree with you, because I really think that Frank De Boer and Abelardo are "solid central defenders" as individuals.

What I´m trying to say is that it doesn´t matter what defenders we buy. A change of tactics is necessary if we want to avoid disasters as yesterday and the away game against Chelsea and...and...and....It doesn´t matter if we put in Jaap Stam or Alessandro Nesta or someone else.

Van Gaals tactics are enjoyable to watch and it´s very brave, but we will lose titles we´re capable of winning if we don´t start thinking about some kind of defending. It´s sad but I think it´s true.

·
Registered
578 Posts
You're right we don't have problems with players but only VG system is not suitable for Barca to win titels like CL, and tonight we have seen how Madrid played and how the goalkeeper send the ball to the middle of the pitch, while our defenders pass the ball to Hesp and he passes to the closet defender, it takes too much time to reach the other goal.
I think that the time has come for VG to leave the team..

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Dollarbill: waht si that comment in players to buy: RAUL! With this one word, I know you are a complete IDIOT.

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,659 Posts
Can't agree more,Zoso; especially about arrogance and disregard for people here. I wouldn't call Kuivert second rate though. What will happen? We'll all go out and celebrate, that's what.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All depends on who is the new coach. For example, things wouldn't change that much in terms of players bought/solded if Koeman becomes coach.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Labas that Raul thing was a joke , i know he's real madrid por siempra (4 ever)

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Amor & The Birdman>
I think that was VG's big mistake against Valencia. He chose 3 defenders. And that only works when the team puts enough pressure on the other team. And we didn't. We should play 2 central defenders, like we did before this year. Abelardo AND Frank de Boer in the centre. Three defenders, how much I like it though, just isn't the right option in modern football if you also play three strikers. Four defenders is way more reliable. Maybe less offensive, but that doesn't matter as long as we don't give away goals as easy as two days ago.

·
Registered
578 Posts
That system could works at Nou camp when Barca are very agressive and effective, but when we play away of home we should secure our goal and reduce the number of goals we concede..
VG has to know that especially after the Chelsea game in London, and when that happened again in Valencia and worst then was in London so that is terrible and not acceptable.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To those who have been on this forum for a long time will know that I've always defended VG but this time I must say that he has dug too many holes for himself. I disagree on the point that Dutch players are second rate, even Bogarde is starting to to prove his worth. What I will agree on is that the system is at fault. You can't blame the quality of our squad. Being a follower of Dutch football for a long time now, I know how much Dutch people treasure the Ajax system. Sadly, though, I think it's a bit outdated and a touch idealistic. In an ideal world sure attack is the best form of defence...but attacking very much depends on the players form...defending is more about experience...that is why you see older players being better defenders. A top team must know how to defend when they can't attack. The Ajax 3-4-3 only knows attack...it disintegrates when it can't do so. I think the 4-4-2 is the most reliable system...it enables us to attack, using wingers as well, without compromising the solidity of the team. Is it a wonder why Holland did so well in France98 playing 4-4-2 instead of the traditional 3-4-3?

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Also we lack a battling player in midfield like Davids, Veron or Keane...we can't win with a team full of "artists" like Cocu and Guardiola...it causes too much inconsistency when these guys are off form.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Van Gaal should go. He has been given long enough to produce a good team. Instead he has surrounded himself with his fellow Dutchmen who havent contributed much to the cause.
A coach I would like at Camp Nou is Fabio Capello. He commands respect and discipline from his players, has a proven track record, is a superb tactician. Plus his teams know how to defend. We also need a ballwinner in midfield.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If VG gets sacked (and hopefuly he will) then we would be a much better team. We wouldn´t have useless dutch players in the squad!

Hopeful Real Madrid will employ VG so he can destroy their team insted of ours!

------------------
Barca! Barca! Barca!

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
The only thing I am upset about was how foolish VG was in imploying the 3-4-3 formation in this match. It was a completely different situation from the match against Chelsea. Valencia, although not worried about much possession, were pressuring all over the field, not holding just holding back as Chelsea did in the second leg. I was disappointed that VG would not realize that this match was a totally different situation from the match against Chelsea. He showed a real lack of discipline as a coach. Yes, the 3-4-3 produced the dream result against Chelsea, but that does not mean it will do the same in every match. I feel that he should have gone with the system we beat Valencia 3-0 with, this system would have better contained them and at least would have put us in a more favorable position for the home leg, maybe even in the lead.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts