Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Serie A is talking of restarting soon....

Anyone think that people need to get the heads sorted in this constant desire to see football played when there's (still) a pandemic going around the world?

Take the case that ParmaLive just reported a possible positive case of Covid-19 for a member of the Bologna staff, so the squad should isolate no? Just call it as it is already and focus on the bigger things I say - irony of positing it in a football forum...

Stay safe all...

Reactions: ToniSamp

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
It's been a while, football seems a distant memory really. I can't see how they can finish the season in a satisfactory way - I think it would be better to end it and prepare for next season

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Desperation to get money, that seems to be the only driver for all the leagues trying to "finish" the season.

In Serie A it seems there's further complications, loan deals expire at the end of the original season, so do players return to their clubs "in season" as it will be this time? Parma have the question over Inglese, he was not registered for the rest of the season due to his injury, but now he's available so can he be registered?

I suspect that for the loans they will find a way for the play to "remain" (else the squads are all getting changed), but Inglese by that logic would not be allowed to play....

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
So. It starts! Line up looks good. Now we'll get to see which of our players did a Cassano during the break and which ones stayed in shape.

parmalive.com's guesstimate

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it's after the fact and no game thread - 1-1 which is "ok" for us I guess. Not helping with a push for European football, but difficult too much at the moment....

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Winning 2-0 at Genoa. Cornelius with both in the first half.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hat-trick...

·
Registered
10,108 Posts
Cornelius third player in history to score two hattricks against the same club in one Serie A season.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Excellent result against Genoa tonight (although they were really poor). Cornelius is a beast.

Pleasing that we are scoring goals

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
We were pretty fucking powerful in the last game - amazing we have thrashed Genoa both times this season, scoring an incredible 9 goals (6 from Cornelius).

This squad is in a nice moment.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
F******K..... Inter equalise, Kucka sent off for complaining and Bastoni scored a few mins later so 1-2 now.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
1-2 loss, just threw the game - although we were dominated in the second half. What's Kucka doing getting sent off like that?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Bullshit game. It's clear that the calcio favours Inter. Why else didn't Cornelius get any free kicks? Kulusevski was CLEARLY held back by Barella, and yet Barella received nothing? If you look closely, Kulusevski was fouled in the penalty area, but VAR decided no.

And all of a sudden - parma receives a red card AFTER a goal? When has that ever happened? They're basically saying "We need Inter to win this game, so Kucka (one of our best players) needs to be removed from the game. Absolutely shameful, horrible referee.

I'm not saying that Parma were super good, we wasted a couple of chances, but we deserved to win.

·
Registered
58,505 Posts
You do realise that Inter received a red card against Sassuolo and Skriniar got banned 3 matches, one of them tonight's, right? Weird way of calcio favouring Inter.

Kulusevski dived. There was minimum contact if any and he exaggerated his fall.

And please, let's not forget that Inter were denied 2 penalties at San Siro against Parma earlier this season.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Lol. Bruno Alves has to be the worst defender ever. Di Carmine waited, turned and fell hoping for contact, which he got. That's the oldest trick in the book. And he fell for it. Jesus Christ Alves.. Smh

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lol. Bruno Alves has to be the worst defender ever. Di Carmine waited, turned and fell hoping for contact, which he got. That's the oldest trick in the book. And he fell for it. Jesus Christ Alves.. Smh
He's been good for us in general - clearly not everything is back on track. I think Europe is out of reach realistically, let's enjoy avoiding relegation and what wins will come.

Curious to see that we don't have any Verona supporters whining in here like some other clubs - after winning... ;)

·
Registered
182 Posts
He's been good for us in general - clearly not everything is back on track. I think Europe is out of reach realistically, let's enjoy avoiding relegation and what wins will come.

Curious to see that we don't have any Verona supporters whining in here like some other clubs - after winning... ;)

Ignore the Inter haters. Makes no sense to enter other clubs forums, after winning. Childish.

Regarding Parma.

I think D'Aversa has a point. We're not divers. In fact, we suck at it. Kulusevski doesn't know how to fall easily, Cornelius has to learn that too, he has to be one of the few strikers that actually gets fouls against him, when one clearly can see a defender HANGING over him. Barilla sucks at that too, so does Gagliolo. Kucka however is very good at knowing when to fall and when to stay up, Gervinho too.

It sad to say this but, we need to dive more to win important fouls at certain stages of the game, especially when we are a counter attacking team.

It's not about Europe any more. It's the psychological barrier of going past 40 points. We need to get past that, then we can relax. We need Kucka, Kurtic, Gervinho, Alves and Kulusevski more than ever.

OH how I miss Kucka.

Andreas Cornelius has alot of potential. He just needs to learn Serie A. If he can learn when to use his physical strength and when to not, he'll be lethal. Amauri was very good at that. Problem with Cornelius is that when he uses his strength during positions when the defender is really just waiting for a contact to fall, it'll be for no reason. This is not Premier League, although serie A has started allowing more physical play compared to 10 years ago.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm not worried about 40 points, we're on 39 there's are plenty of games even if we draw 1 before end of the season.

Reading Parmalive it reads like no one understands how the ref awarded the penalty.... but that's obviously a well balanced and neutral source of opinion...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts