Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its a well known fact that human beeings are misstake prone. Misstakes do happen but usually ( except for Juve ) it evens itself out during the season.

But sometimes those misstakes are just to much to bare.
Like the one involving Totti in the WC 2002 where he got sent off or a dissalowed goal for Lazio vs Milan last year ( offside ) and more recently the one in favor of Man U vs Tottenham.

This type of things cannot be tolerated. Speciallyy in the case of the Not seen Tottenham goal.

Why cant the FA just change the final result after the game when the goal is so damn obvious. Wouldn´t it be the right thing to do?

Also, its about blody time that we start using Video help.
Sure, it would take more time but its worth it. This endless disscusion would finaly come to an end.

IMO either the forth officail or an additional assistant could be monitering the game on TV and as soon as he sees something that the ref has missed he could than call on the ref to halt the play. That could easily be arranged.

If this happened than players who have commeited fauls and dont deserve to be on the pitch anymore could be sent of also. It aint right that players get away with all sort of cheating during the match. Sure, they might get punushed after the game but that aint enough IMO.

So many problems that dont belong in football from the beggining could be solved.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Get the Tax man and his anti-fraud friends ready for immediate scanning.

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Serious man, aint you tiered of seeing these things.

EX. I think it was 2 years ago, Juve vs Parma

Del Piero clairly grabbes the ball with his hands outside Parmas box, turned around and droped it infront of him , made the shot and scored. Amazing.

Final score 2-2 including Delpieros goal.

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
We could go on and on..

I'm all for using technology to improve the game, but a line has to draw somewhere. There has to be a compromise between using video evidence to enhance the standard of officiating and satisfying all the purists out there tearing their hair out in disbelief at all these proposed changes. My feeling, though, is that the latter group is fast shrinking in the face of such atrocity and inconsistency in refereeing mistakes these days.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Well, it's rather simple. Unfortunately for football and fortunately Mike Riley, murder and homocide is illegal on this planet.

Sadly.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
peive_17 said:
Its a well known fact that human beeings are misstake prone. Misstakes do happen but usually ( except for Juve ) it evens itself out during the season.
except for Juve and ManU

·
Registered
535 Posts
just have to make some penalties for them as well. if players could be suspended and so, why the refs shouldn't be? i think this could be a way to solve this, i know they do suspend refs, but the system should be more strict with them.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Andy D'Urso was suspended for 30 days after his monumental cockups in the Southampton vs. Blackburn match in the early part of the season.

·
Registered
786 Posts
give them awards due to the hard work they put in!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
416 Posts
I think advanced technology should be introduced as long as decisions can be made instaneously. If they can give the referee instant indication of the ball crossing the line or a player being offside, this should be used. But to have a bunch of people argue whether it was or wasn't a foul while the game is stopped (like in american sports) is just stupid. Besides there are a number of decisions that are difficult to take even when seeing all the replays. Any technology that can be implemented has to function in real time.

Fouls and handballs have to be detemined by the referee. It's just unfortunate that with uefa, guys who have repeatedly ruined matches (Mike Reilly, Kim Milton Nilsen) are allowed to continue without ever being punished. It seems that once you climb uefa's ladder to a certain point there is no way down, although it should be.

Look at Spain's PL. That guy that gave Real the gift penalty against Valencia is no longer in charge of Liga maches. That's the way to handle these individuals.

As for Juve, these guys are absolutely incorrigible. I think if I wait 100 years and they build robotic referees or use the most adv. technology to read the minds of players, Juve will still be given gifts on a regular basis. It just never ends.

And lastly, peive_17, they CAN'T change the result of a match, because afterwards a team that has scored in the 85th minute will also want the result changed. There are these types of good decisions that in the long run could create dangerous antecedents.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts