Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is going on in Turkey right now? I just can't believe what I'm seeing, every time i turn on my comp, the Istanbul clubs make another huge signing! Where is this money coming from and why do these players agree to go to Turkey!? I am shocked. Fenerbahce have gotten Kennet, Haim and now Milan Rapaic! Jardel and Boksic have went to Galata! Where is the money coming form and why are players suddenyl agreeing to move to such a medicore league? No offense, but compared to Serie A and especially La Liga, Turkey sounds a bit bleak to mee. Can anyone tell me how this phenomenon works? Pretty soon, you guys(Galata) are gonna have more stars in your squad than we Real Madrid at the SuperCup. Good luck!

BTW is any of you Berkan? or does anyone know a youngster plating in Galtas youth by that name?

·
Rising Star
872 Posts
Galatasaray have to buy good players to continue their success in Europe and show everybody winning UEFA Cup was not a chance event.Their rivals Fenerbahce and Besiktas also have to do something to catch Galatasaray and to stop loosing popularity.Football is the most popular sport in Turkey, the league has been growing up year by year and some sponsor companies invest bigger money to football.Now,clubs earn more from TV ,according to a new agreement after 2000-2001 season big clubs will earn about $50 M as TV Rights...and Galatasaray get some money as UEFA Cup prize...

Now turkish teams offer players more money than other European teams,so famous players come here...it will help our league to improve and we hope we'll have one of the best leagues of Europe in near future...

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think turkey is on the best track to becoming one of the better leagues in Europe. Really, i still can't believe it. What surprises me, is that the players wanna go there! Why? Money isn't everything:eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts