Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
could someone explain to me why do we keep bidding for gerrard or even show the slightest interest, we have lampard-makele two world class players in their twenties, we have parker-tiago-smertin-j.cole-geremi-veron to fill in if one of the two wants a break, where the hell is gerrard going to play? unless mourinho wants to replace tiago/smertin with gerrard then its lampard-gerrard-makele in midfield with duff and robben infront of them, actually thats not a bad idea at all! :howler:

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
I'd like to see it because it could mean Gerrerd, Parker and Lampard in the midle of the park. And if they dominated games like they should it might smack Sven out of that coma to try some things.

Still, 30 million is pretty insane. I like Gerrard and everything but he ain't that good. Not my money though. :D The other good reason for the move is the liverpool fans, I know a couple so it'd be a good windup for a few months. I wouldn't be surprised if they rioted.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Why do you need Defoe or Joaquin either?

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
what are you on about ? who better to cover the right central midfield ? Gerrard would be a deep lying winger,CM combined.

I think he'd rather come to the Arsenal though, Vieira is his idol. :pp

having said that i hope he stays at Liverpool, English football needs 4 good teams to become the best.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Makelele isn't in his twenties!

You want Gerrard because he is the best box to box player in the world

·
Registered
17,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dusan_UK said:
Why do you need Defoe or Joaquin either?

true makelele is 32, my mistake..so ya he would replace makelele in the centre making runs to the right...

as for joaquin/defoe, joaquin would be a right side winger since both duff and robben lefties, defoe would be a poacher coz we dont have a top class finisher in the absence of drogba..

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
KHALID said:
true makelele is 32, my mistake..so ya he would replace makelele in the centre making runs to the right...

as for joaquin/defoe, joaquin would be a right side winger since both duff and robben lefties, defoe would be a poacher coz we dont have a top class finisher in the absence of drogba..
That's not true, you have Kezman :D

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
KHALID- Duff and Robben are doing fine rotating the left/right forward wing role, if Joaquin was brought Duff would ahve to be sold surely?

Drogba is back, as he announced when he scored on Saturday, you don't need any more strikers with Drogba, Kezman and Gudjohnson vying for one spot.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
SM ONLINE said:
KHALID- Duff and Robben are doing fine rotating the left/right forward wing role, if Joaquin was brought Duff would ahve to be sold surely?

Drogba is back, as he announced when he scored on Saturday, you don't need any more strikers with Drogba, Kezman and Gudjohnson vying for one spot.
Competition is always good eh.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
liammilner said:
You lot do not know what you are talking about soooooooooo shut it.
Is your name Liam Milner? If not, then this statement seems kinda funny.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Tiago could become just as good, give him time. He already has 3 goals, which many Chelsea have as well.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Gerrard could wash the Chelsea shirts or something or mow the Stamford Bridge lawn...

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
gerrard would be a great player to sign. he could replace makalele and would thrive because he is really keen to win trophys.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Since Real are English-Crazed... they might as well buy Gerrard for thier centre mid.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Gerrard can't replace Makelele, he would go insane having to play that role, Gerrard will play in Tiago's role if he comes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts