4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With this new niffty formation.

- It looks like only 1 ofGiggs and Ronaldo will play
- Will Hienze be fit?

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
giggs on the left, ronaldo on the right..

keane and scholes in the centre.. rooney up front with rvn

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
I'd go for:

-----------Carroll-------------

Gaz----Rio-------Brown----Heinze

-----Fletch-Keane-Scholes--------

Ron-----------------------Rooney

-------------Ruud-----------------

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
i like that set up suicide DD has but mayb klebs 4 fletch

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Pumba said:
i like that set up suicide DD has but mayb klebs 4 fletch
Yeah, The Kleb has been impressive in his recent substitute appearances and his one start.

Fletch has been playing well too though and works a bit harder, which is important against the all action style of Arsenal.

I wouldn't mind either of them tbh.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Similar line-up to the one posted by SDD except for Giggs to play in place of Ron. C7 can come off the bench if things are not going our way.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
SuicideDD said:
I'd go for:

Spot on! :thmbup:

·
Registered
580 Posts
I think Tim Howard has had a really good record in FA cup games. He was great in the community shield last year (not this year).

I hope Brown gets to play more. I just read an article about him in the United magazine and I see him as a different player now. He's still very young and hopefully he can still become a great defender. I don't think he deserves to play a part role anymore.

Does anyone else feel that playing Fletcher-Keane-Scholes in midfield is a little bit like putting squares in round holes? We've only got a few center midfielders that can defend and attack, so why use all of them at the same time? Rooney has a free role anyway so basically Ronaldo and Fletcher are occupying the same space and there is no one on the left wing. We looked most effective when we had Giggs and Ronaldo playing very wide and switching flanks, kinda creating the position where Fletcher plays in. Even when we were doing well with the 3 man midfield you always felt it was going to collapse (which it has). Any variation of the 4-5-1 has really been hot and cold for us over the past couple of years. Scholes used to play off Ruud but it was still 4-4-2, basically. That's my favourite formation but now with the purchase of Rooney Scholes is playing much deeper.

Anyway, I hope the atmosphere is as great as last year!

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
I think SuicideDD has it spot on. Good job.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SuicideDD said:
I'd go for:

Poor Giggs :(

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yaf said:
I think Tim Howard has had a really good record in FA cup games. He was great in the community shield last year (not this year).

I hope Brown gets to play more. I just read an article about him in the United magazine and I see him as a different player now. He's still very young and hopefully he can still become a great defender. I don't think he deserves to play a part role anymore.

Does anyone else feel that playing Fletcher-Keane-Scholes in midfield is a little bit like putting squares in round holes? We've only got a few center midfielders that can defend and attack, so why use all of them at the same time? Rooney has a free role anyway so basically Ronaldo and Fletcher are occupying the same space and there is no one on the left wing. We looked most effective when we had Giggs and Ronaldo playing very wide and switching flanks, kinda creating the position where Fletcher plays in. Even when we were doing well with the 3 man midfield you always felt it was going to collapse (which it has). Any variation of the 4-5-1 has really been hot and cold for us over the past couple of years. Scholes used to play off Ruud but it was still 4-4-2, basically. That's my favourite formation but now with the purchase of Rooney Scholes is playing much deeper.

Anyway, I hope the atmosphere is as great as last year!
In a FA Cup final against a good team midfeild possession is very important.

Having 3 decent central mids give you alot more stablity and makes the side more solid.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
SDDs team will get chosen, as fergie will want to take it slow in the beginning, which he has always done this year. The only thing is, whether Giggsy or Ronaldo starts. Having Ronaldo on from the beginning, will depend on who goes on top of his 1on1 battle with Cole. If he starts dominating Cole early on, then he will murder that side. However having a sub Ronaldo against a tiring Lauren seems nice as well :lick: .

About central midfield, if Fletcher is having a shitty game, then bringing Kleberson on like some of you have said, will be good. That is unless we are losing, in which having an all out 442 with Giggsy/Ronaldo on the wings and Rooney/Ruud up front seems the best idea.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts