Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
10'un Adi Lefter
8,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our team (Lyndhurst Golden Bears, high school team) uses a 3-5-2 system with a boranch and libero. Like this.

Code:
                   GK                    
                   SW
    DR                           DL
                   DMC
MR         MC               MC        ML
                FC     FC
What does your team use? :)

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
I should probably find a new team, since I've stopped playing for my school, but our school used to use a 1-3-1-3-1-1 I guess you would call it, though it seems a little weird to write. Basically a sweeper and then three across the back, a holding mid in front of defense, three midfielders, with the wingers pushing slightly up, and a forward/attacking mid supporting the pure striker.

·
10'un Adi Lefter
8,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
naervod said:
I should probably find a new team, since I've stopped playing for my school, but our school used to use a 1-3-1-3-1-1 I guess you would call it, though it seems a little weird to write. Basically a sweeper and then three across the back, a holding mid in front of defense, three midfielders, with the wingers pushing slightly up, and a forward/attacking mid supporting the pure striker.

O_O

Code:
                     GK                    
                     SW
   DR                DC               DL
                     DMC
                     MC
RW                                       LW
                     AMC
                     SC
That's a pretty strange formation ;)

·
Registered
489 Posts
it looks like a standard 4-4-2, but with one of the central players just pushed back a little.. so maybe its not that weird :)

My uni team uses a 4-4-1-1, with wingers that get forward quite a bit. so a bit of a 4-2-3-1 wibble and a 4-4-1-1 wobble.

·
Registered
69,196 Posts
Hajduk Split, 3-4-1-2

"libero" is used and two wing backs, there is a creative midfielder behind the strikers Niko Kranjcar

Derby County, basic 4-4-2

Brescia, 4-2-3-1

typical back four, wing backs both phases of the game, two defensive minded midfielders, three attack minded midfielders with the wings only concentrated on attack and a lone striker up front but he has support from the three attack midfield

·
10'un Adi Lefter
8,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HajdukSplit said:
Hajduk Split, 3-4-1-2

"libero" is used and two wing backs, there is a creative midfielder behind the strikers Niko Kranjcar

Derby County, basic 4-4-2

Brescia, 4-2-3-1

typical back four, wing backs both phases of the game, two defensive minded midfielders, three attack minded midfielders with the wings only concentrated on attack and a lone striker up front but he has support from the three attack midfield
This thread is about, if you play football, what your team uses. Not your favorite club's :)

·
Registered
996 Posts
When I was in highschool, my highschool used the formation with the diamond defense that a lot of American highschool teams use:

GK
RB SW LB

STOPPER

CM CM
RM LM

ST ST

-Scott

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
My team used this before I quit football. :)

--------------GK--------------
-------CB---------CB---------
RB-------------------------LB
---------CM-----CM----------
-------------OM--------------
-RWF-------------------LWF-
-------------ME:D------------

We were an offensive team. :)

We used a 4-2-3-1. Actually, it was my friend and I that introduced it to our coaches, we got it from La Liga. ;) Our CM's take turns going forward. When one of our CM was attacking the second allways stayed in defense. Our wingers often switched places and usually turned in to the field, letting our LB and RB to go forward. I allways stayed up, never worked in defense :cool: so did our OM who supplied me with some nice passes.

We went on to win our citys Championship on grass once. Coming second on grass once and finshing second indoors before I quit. Oh, and we won the league too, many times. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
my team plays a 4-3-3 with 1 centre back becoming a defensive midfielder when attacking and the other centre back playing as a sweeper.

All midfielders are quite central and the strickers play wide

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Our manager likes to change the formation and tactics everyweek, we (the players) have told him too play 4-4-2 and stick with it.

·
Registered
19,837 Posts
My team usually plays in a 4-3-3 with the 3 strikers who, despite willing to cross the goal line with the ball whereas they could shoot, are not doing any kind of defensive work, or even a slight pressing to prevent a good return of the ball from ours opponents. They just walk along the half-line.

During two games we have played with a 4-1-3-2, with me as defensive midfielder, like a libero in front of the defense, as my only football quality is too be able to run (almost) endlessly. This was much better, at last we had the ball possesion most of the time.

Well my team sucks, :D no wonder we are at the worse level possible in France. :howler: :tongue:

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
It's usually 4-4-2, which is probably best as in England everyone is brought up playing so everyone knows their jobs.

We sometimes play a 3-5-2 with wing backs, but the problem is there's no-one in our side who knows how to play wing back from a tactical point of view. Of the 3 defenders, there are 2 centre backs who man mark the forwards and theres me, who plays as last man/sweeper. I'm fairly lucky to be pretty experienced in that position but it's a lot different even for the CBs.

You also gotta have a really good defensive midfielder to sit tight in front of the back 3, otherwise the forwards can drop off and your centre backs get dragged all over the place and you get swamped by runners from midfield.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
O-NRG said:
How is the injury Khimik, I have not talked to you in a long time.
100% healed. :shades: I still get aches in it, though, if I stand up too long. It's been over a year since it happened. :eekani:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts