Xtratime Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In today's footballing universe, practical results have come to overrule any sense of aesthetics one might hold dear.

Our Inter seems to bear witness.

Moratti seems not to crave for the fantastic- the exciting, beautiful football anymore. No more Ronaldos and Recobas.

Instead, we now chase utilitarianism- the pursuit of effectiveness. We seek it from our players and coaches. We crave the right chemistry, the tactical and training setups- all in pursuit of results.

Which is a good thing. Inter has begun to taste of the fortunes of trophy cabinets after almost 25 years in the wilderness. While the vultures ravaged the league, and savaged justice and fair play, il Biscione sat in the shadows.

It is no doubt, good to be back. For what Facchetti set in motion still carries on.

With that out of the way, I wanted to ask you guys- what kind of football do you associate with Inter? Go ahead, shed the practical considerations, and speak only of pure football.

There is effective football, then there is the football of your dreams. Effortless, beautiful, magical. Do you have any moments of beautiful Inter football you remember?

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Instead, we now chase utilitarianism- the pursuit of effectiveness. We seek it from our players and coaches. We crave the right chemistry, the tactical and training setups- all in pursuit of results.
Clearly the Style is closely linked to the Coach... in this case.. Jose Mourinho... is just about what you have written there.

His type of game, it is not easy to locate the significant Man-of-the-match, because everything is like Clockwork, everyone is just as effective. i m sure it would be the same for us.

Nice Blue Snake !!!... why dont you avatar it.

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
I dont think we have set on a style, ceratinly since Moratti became owner anyway. But in most seasons we have played a pretty bland style of football, we have hit some peaks and troughs over the years however, like Cuper football where it was pretty much Toldo to Vieri and its a goal :D or Mancio`s 1st year where we were one of the most exciting teams in Europe imo - but could only draw. But too often we have relied on the brilliance of the single player in the past and its something we have improved in the last few years.

I think as one of the big footballing powers in Europe we should be playing better football.

edit- we hvae played some fantastic football in recent years such as the Valencia game or the Fiorentina games 2 years ago :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Well, when it comes to exciting games the one against RM in 1999 comes to mind when Baggio came in as substitute and scored two goals. Then you have many beautiful games during Mancio's reign especially in the first two years...the game against AC when Adriano scored in injury time, that game was a mixture of toughness and beauty. Then you have the seemingly improbable comeback against Samp. But in my opinion the two most beautiful ones were against Fiorentina and Chievo home games during Mancio's second year in charge. Man we only won those games by a slender 1:0, but we could have easily won those games 7:0 or something. To say we owned them in those games is an understatement.:boxing:

However, from a historical point of view our game is not about beaty but rather about efficiency and this is invariably linked to the great Helenio Herrera. That is also why I believe Inter and Mourinho are a perfect match. So in conclusion I associate Inter with efficient football.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts